A Fish Story,................

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Ok, I know that the majority of fish stories tend to contain a wee bit of embellishment, or.......outright tall tales...... :)

However, as a Brother in Christ, I assure you that this "fish story" is Truth!

Tuesday, when my fishing buddy and I went to Lake Guntersville (as I spoke of in the Good Morning thread), the following event happened, and I thought it worth reporting here.

It was late in the afternoon............we had suffered through some serious heat, and I was just about to call it quits, but thank God, the clouds moved in, a small shower passed over, and cooled things of enough for us to be able to continue fishing.

We had already caught the large fish I reported in the Good Morning thread, and were basically catching small "throw backs" at this point........... 3 to 5 inch Bream or Blue Gill.............

I got a "bite," and as I held my rod waiting for the Bream biting to take the bait, something really weird happened.......

(oh, let me clarify for those who don't fish much.........it is possible to tell what species of fish is biting by the way they bite.......too long a story to post here, but those who fish a lot know what I'm talking about........)

The Bream struck hard, I yanked on my rod and set the hook...........as I was reeling him in, suddenly my rod bent almost in half and a huge Large Mouth Bass swallowed the Bream! No KIDDING!............I was stunned, but began to reel in as fast as I could..............and JUST as I got the Bream and the Bass to the Pier, the Bass let go............I shouted at my fishing buddy and told him what was going on............and I let the Bream swim around a bit just below me........AND AGAIN that Bass STRUCK and took off with the Bream firmly in his mouth..........and AGAIN, I reeled as fast as I could, but.....just as before the Bass let go................so I reeled in the Bream............

Now, the reason I couldn't catch the Bass is because my hook was in the mouth of the Bream.........so there was no way to "hook" the Bass...........sigh.......

Anyway, I took the hook out of the Breams mouth............he was about 5 inches long, but slender...........and tossed him back into the water............

So what's the big deal? Well it occurred to me that (if they could actually thing and reason) the VERY LAST THING on that Breams mind when I hooked him and reeled him in is that I WAS ACTUALLY SAVING HIS LIFE!

:)

There's a Moral here, but I will let others consider what it would be............ :)

sanglina

Jul 28, 2012
Your story reminds me of my aunt's anecdote with fish :)

Once there was this old lady in my locality who was quite fond of fishing. One day, as was her usual routine, she went for fishing in the nearby river and caught lots of them. She returned home very excited and even offered some to my aunt to cook (as she was my aunt's neighbour). My aunt accepted it happily and went in to the kitchen to cook. However, on opening the lid of the bowl (containing the fishes) and seeing them, she was like, "Oh no!". Seems she immediately felt pity for the fishes as they were mostly baby fishes only. So, instead of cooking them for a delicious dinner, she went to the river (nearby) and set them free (whichever were alive by that time). On being asked why she did that, she was like, "How could I eat the baby fishes? Even if they are just fishes, I would feel guilty as if I am committing a crime, eating it. She should not have caught them in the first place". (Knowing my aunt as the kind of person she is, everyone had a great laughed)

Here's a picture of the kind of fishes that am talking about. They are usually small in size but considered one of the tastiest. The ones you see in this picture are the mature ones so you can imagine how small the baby fishes would look like.

65140_315293545246951_185950716_n.jpg