no I was talking to TaylorTG and listed his post. I have no idea how you got confused
*confused* are you talking to me there?
*confused* are you talking to me there?
Please By All Means, If You Have Something Against A Certain Religion, It Is Best That You Keep It To Yourself. We Do Not Need Thread Pitting One Denomination Against Another. All This Is Going To Do Is Cause A Ruckus In Which We Definitely Do Not Want. We Do Not Need To Be Pitting Catholics Against Protestants for God Commands Us To Love And Not Hate.
As an ex catholic I know what goes on in the RCC, so I can only say you're right.This is a general reply to the Catholics who are displaying the wrong spirits in their interactions here. Your works reveal the spirits you are entertaining and considering as god. It is not the Spirit of God that insights evil in any way. Over spacing and non-replies that attempt to deny and divert, hate filled e-mails and a pious arrogance that says; “I don’t have to explain myself, I have the Pope”, are not of God. As far as the pope goes, do you have any idea the corruption and perversion that existed throughout catholic history, even into today’s church?!! Did you not know that the first pope was not a believer but a Jew appointed by Constantine in his attempt to legalize all religions and keep peace with existing ones! Quite honestly to my studies, the Catholic Church has been the greatest corrupter of God since the Pharisees! So to me corruption begets corruption, not God.
No, you actually quoted me that's why I was confused. Go check it out post #114no I was talking to TaylorTG and listed his post. I have no idea how you got confused
We already believe and follow the word of the Lord. Regardless thanks for the advice.I have one thing to say to catholics:
I love you!
Jesus loves you!
Jesus is the word of god!
He wants you to come back to your first love...
Come back to the word of God
Read it
Follow it
Pray it
Believe it
Count on it
It is guaranteed salvation.
As an ex catholic I know what goes on in the RCC, so I can only say you're right.
The Point Is That All Hate And Prejudice Is Wrong Regardless Of Who It Is Against. Yes it Is Wrong Of Whoever is Sending Harassing Hate Filled Emails But Also It Is Wrong Also To Make A Blanket Hateful Statement About Every Single Catholic On Earth And Yes It Would Be Also Wrong To Make A Blanket Hateful Statement About All Other Denominations Also. I Do Not Believe That God Wants Us To Declare War On An Entire Religion Or Denomination Whether It Is Christian Or not.
I have one thing to say to catholics:
I love you!
Jesus loves you!
Jesus is the word of god!
He wants you to come back to your first love...
Come back to the word of God
Read it
Follow it
Pray it
Believe it
Count on it
It is guaranteed salvation.
What makes a person a christian? Following Christ. Obeying His commandments. Accepting His word.catholics are christian, the word of God you say we need to come back to was written, preserved and carried to this day by catholics, all christians need to love God first, all christians need to read the holy scripture, all christians need to follow Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, all christians need to pray without ceasing, all christians need to believe the gospel, all christians need to place all their faith, hope and love in God the Father, through Jesus Christ our Lord by the grace of the Holy Spirit.
Jesus Christ is our salvation, Praise be to God.
He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.
What makes a person a christian? Following Christ. Obeying His commandments. Accepting His word.
Would you agree with me on that, Vernon?
Would you please point out to me your source of information that makes you think catholics wrote, preserved, and carried His word?
The rest of your post we can agree on.
I believe there are people in most all denominations that will go to heaven .Those that are in false religions thinking they really are serving God could be okay, as God is a merciful God.
Those people standing behind the pulpit preaching that false religion are in deep trouble. The catholic religion goes against the word that Christ taught. Catholics have priests, ask mary to intercede, wear lavish garments, take pride in pomp and ceremony, and many other things that Christ preached specifically against. The doctrine of oral tradition is a rejection of Christ.
The very word that is rejected by catholics will judge them. Not Christ, He tells us, but His word. He says that, yet you deny it. Catholics will stand before Christ on that day and He will open the bible everytime they open their mouth.You say you want to follow, obey, and serve Christ, yet you deny His word.
....Where did you get that idea?I believe there are people in most all denominations that will go to heaven .Those that are in false religions thinking they really are serving God could be okay, as God is a merciful God.
@Phil112 --> #131
The Anti-Catholic hormones are strong with this one.
....Where did you get that idea?![]()
Don't get you hopes up about going to heaven, just because Phil said:
"those that are in false religions thinking they really are serving God could be okay,
as God is a merciful God,"
that's a statement I don't agree with at all.
-John 14:6-
That's not a statement, that's God's Word.do you agree with this statement: Luke 6:37 ?
That's not a statement, that's God's Word.
You really believe people can count on God's mercy if they don't acknowledge Him?
[SUP]"[/SUP]For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son,
that whosoever believeth in himshould not perish, but have everlasting life."
-John 3:16-
I said "could be". I don't know for sure, nor do you know it isn't true for sure. If someone is earnest in their desire to serve God, only God knows if He will have mercy on that person. God looks on the inner man. I said that because of this passage:Don't get you hopes up about going to heaven, just because Phil said:
"those that are in false religions thinking they really are serving God could be okay,
as God is a merciful God,"
that's a statement I don't agree with at all.
-John 14:6-
And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry; [SUP] [/SUP]Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.
[SUP] [/SUP]And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.