I daresay that the OP can be addressed to many on this site, be they Catholics or Pentecostals or Non-denominational. Most of us have had an encounter with a cruel believer on here, one that stalks you through the threads to argue with every post you make and ultimately harasses you in emails. I just choose to use the ignore option on the exceptionally violent and bullying factor on this site. As for the others, well, we are not going to agree all the time. Something I painfully learned on here is that sometimes I can come across overly passionate in my stand on something. In those moments, I have said things that appear pompous and proud, and later regretted it. Whenever I let 'me' get in the way of love and truth, I have to leave that thread behind.
Though I understand the OP's frustration, it could have been handled better. No one is going to take an attack on one's belief system lying down, as this thread has shown in a couple of responses. I do not agree with the Catholic religion on some fronts, but I know many Catholics and they are doing the best with what they've been given. It is God who sees their hearts and it is He alone who knows if they've accepted Christ as their Savior and are living for Him or not.
I think it is healthy to discuss different religions and belief systems, to better understand and see the points of view of others, but it should not be done in a way that puts the others immediately on the defensive, and sometimes in a hurtful and violent defensive. We will have to account for every word spoken...I wish I'd watched my words more carefully, as being 33 and learning this is a touch disheartening.
Anyway, just my thoughts.

I liked reading some of the responses, though. Very kind and considerate and informative, amongst the knee-jerk reactions that are there.