A Glimpse of the Event Horizon

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

AuntieAnt

Wow, my husband would have been thrilled to pieces if he were still here to see that. He was so fascinated with black holes and the event horizon, he'd even write poetry about it. Oh well, he can see it from God's realm now. :giggle:

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
And... this isn't from a science journal; it's from the New York Times and specifically labeled as an "opinion" piece.

I guess we'll just wait and see.

7seasrekeyed

it's a fascinating phenomena!

A

AuntieAnt

it's a fascinating phenomena!
I’m always fascinated with any news write-ups about space, in particular the things we don’t yet understand. It’s so exhilarating to witness science proclaiming God’s awesome power.

On second thought, maybe I should have posted this in the Poems & Poetry Forum. :giggle:

Psalm 19:1 “To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David. The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament shows His handiwork.”

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013

7seasrekeyed

I’m always fascinated with any news write-ups about space, in particular the things we don’t yet understand. It’s so exhilarating to witness science proclaiming God’s awesome power.

On second thought, maybe I should have posted this in the Poems & Poetry Forum. :giggle:

Psalm 19:1 “To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David. The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament shows His handiwork.”

oh for sure! God is so much more than the small glimpse of Him we have in the Bible

the Bible was written for us to know there has been made a way for us to continue with our Creator after this life

this world has still so much beauty it hurts to see it sometimes

so much.

I like that verse in Psalm 19 too ... it fills up your soul and sends your spirit soaring to consider these heavens and the wonder of them

ps... love Jody Fosters' expression there LOL!

A

AuntieAnt

Thank you for posting a more detailed article.

However, USA TODAY is also not a science journal.

This may be a great discovery, but mainstream press usually does a poor job of critiquing scientific discoveries.Their job is to sell papers... not to critique scientific discoveries.

At any rate, very interesting bit of news.
Thanks for posting....
You’re very welcome, Maxwell. I’m glad a more detailed link is more to your liking. :sneaky:

I’m also glad you’re not the admin of this site or else you may not have approved my thread for posting.

Btw, I did see find this on several NEWS sites, so I don’t know why it bothers you so that it’s science-based. Are there categories of news forums on this site that I don’t know about? Or is there just this one forum for posting any type of news? Where did you prefer I post it?

A

AuntieAnt

oh for sure! God is so much more than the small glimpse of Him we have in the Bible

the Bible was written for us to know there has been made a way for us to continue with our Creator after this life

this world has still so much beauty it hurts to see it sometimes

so much.

I like that verse in Psalm 19 too ... it fills up your soul and sends your spirit soaring to consider these heavens and the wonder of them

ps... love Jody Fosters' expression there LOL!
Hallelujah! Praise God!! \:giggle:/

Thank you, 7seas for blessing God for His creation! That's actually the reason I posted it. I love giving the Lord glory for Who He is and all that He has done for us.

Yes, "Contact" is one of my favorite movies mostly because of the fantastic scenes of space travel, wormholes, star systems, and magnificent galaxies! It always makes me think of heaven and how we will see things as they really are once we're beyond this temporal world.

7seasrekeyed

Hallelujah! Praise God!! \:giggle:/

Thank you, 7seas for blessing God for His creation! That's actually the reason I posted it. I love giving the Lord glory for Who He is and all that He has done for us.

Yes, "Contact" is one of my favorite movies mostly because of the fantastic scenes of space travel, wormholes, star systems, and magnificent galaxies! It always makes me think of heaven and how we will see things as they really are once we're beyond this temporal world.

haha we are speaking the same 'language' now

amen and amen and amen

let everything that has breath praise the Lord!

thanks for the smile you put on my face...some folks are like a desert, but even the desert blooms :giggle:

so much more and one day we will share in it!

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
Btw, I did see find this on several NEWS sites, so I don’t know why it bothers you so that it’s science-based. Are there categories of news forums on this site that I don’t know about? Or is there just this one forum for posting any type of news? Where did you prefer I post it?

1. I don't run this site, and I don't care what you post, or where you post it... it's none of my business.

2. I don't care where you get your news, or what you enjoy reading or sharing... it's none of my business.

3. However, there is a well-observed principle that scientific discoveries tend to get exaggerated and misinterpreted by general news agencies, because the goal of news agencies is to say cool things to drive traffic and ad revenue... not to be particularly accurate.

Scientific discoveries are often misunderstood or exaggerated in the general press, and more properly explained and critiqued in science journals.

It's also possible that some of our readers aren't aware of this.

I was only trying to make people aware of #3.
That's all.

Take care.

A

AuntieAnt

Did you even bother to search out any “scientific journals” regarding the content of my post? Because it didn’t take me long at all to find the links below that published similar information.

I suggest you stop derailing this thread with your nonsense and start a thread of your own so you can get all the attention you believe you deserve. For crying out loud, let the family of God enjoy some exciting news for a change and be able to rejoice in the Lord without your ridiculous nitpicking.

https://www.sciencenews.org/article/event-horizon-telescope-first-image-black-hole-questions

https://astronomy.com/news/2019/04/...first-picture-of-a-black-hole-might-look-like

https://www.space.com/event-horizon-telescope-is-trying-to-photograph-black-holes.html

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2019/04/here-s-what-scientists-think-black-hole-looks

https://www.eso.org/public/announcements/ann19018/

A

AuntieAnt

Astronomers Capture First Image of a Black Hole :D

An international collaboration presents paradigm-shifting observations of the gargantuan black hole at the heart of distant galaxy Messier 87

https://eventhorizontelescope.org/

7seasrekeyed

they can only actually photography the shadow of the black hole

so we know it is there...but no light escapes to lend itself to actually shooting the hole itself

that makes me think about all kinds of metaphors relating to God

A

AuntieAnt

they can only actually photography the shadow of the black hole

so we know it is there...but no light escapes to lend itself to actually shooting the hole itself

that makes me think about all kinds of metaphors relating to God
I know! o_O How crazy awesome is that?!

Yes, Amen! You have no idea how compelled I am to study electromagnetism as it figuratively relates to the Light of God.

7seasrekeyed

Yes, Amen! You have no idea how compelled I am to study electromagnetism as it figuratively relates to the Light of God.
you know, there is nothing to be afraid of with regards to science as some are and think it is not God

scientists might (might?) get things wrong sometimes but what we call science is God at work or the actual physical proof of His eternal existence before anything was that is

when I start to think of those things I am literally somewhat overwhelmed by the perfection and the solid solid proof that He "IS" and I think of the scriptures that testify to this. it is far more than a feeling. it is more like the settling of all my own atoms in the presence of the One who made all things and the perfect place of peace and safety and where I want to be

I learned along time ago, in a physics class, that nothing is actually solid. had me staring at my desk LOL!

but here is a copy/paste of your field of interest...which I am not all that familiar with but seems connected to the flying atoms ;)

Electromagnetic phenomena are defined in terms of the electromagnetic force, sometimes called the Lorentz force, which includes both electricity and magnetism as different manifestations of the same phenomenon. The electromagnetic force plays a major role in determining the internal properties of most objects encountered in daily life. Ordinary matter takes its form as a result of intermolecular forces between individual atoms and molecules in matter, and is a manifestation of the electromagnetic force. Electrons are bound by the electromagnetic force to atomic nuclei, and their orbital shapes and their influence on nearby atoms with their electrons is described by quantum mechanics. The electromagnetic force governs all chemical processes, which arise from interactions between the electrons of neighboring atoms.

how could Jesus walk through a crowd and just not be noticed?

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015

I used to love sci-fi. I still like it, not like I did, but I found the movie Contact so interesting. There is a relatively recent movie, I forge the name, one min., let me look it up...ah, Intersteller. I thought that was probably the best sci-fi movie in the last 15 years or so.

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015

Chuck Missler digs relatively deep, (in a layman's fashion), into this in his first 2 Genesis sessions. Each one is long, about 1 hour and 25 minutes each. He did a series of them, 12 I think. He doesn't talk about it for long, it certainly doesn't dominate the first 2 videos of the series. But it is there. And when he does talk about it, then it is absolutely intriguing. Riveting, for anyone who has interest in that sort of thing, like I do, and you do AA.
He speaks long enough and deep enough about it that he gives you enough info that if you wish to seek it out further from other sources, then you've got months of worm holes (pun intended) to work through.
What impressed me the most about it was the majesty of God. It is just mind blowing, almost literally, the science involved in the creation, and the fundamental principals that hold everything together. I still can't really wrap my mind around it, ans that was only a smidgen of info he spoke about.
The big bang. What a joke. Like Missler said, the big bang theory is: first there was nothing, and then it exploded.
If I was the Joker comic character, i'd still be laughing about that one.

A

AuntieAnt

Chuck Missler digs relatively deep, (in a layman's fashion), into this in his first 2 Genesis sessions. Each one is long, about 1 hour and 25 minutes each. He did a series of them, 12 I think. He doesn't talk about it for long, it certainly doesn't dominate the first 2 videos of the series. But it is there. And when he does talk about it, then it is absolutely intriguing. Riveting, for anyone who has interest in that sort of thing, like I do, and you do AA.
He speaks long enough and deep enough about it that he gives you enough info that if you wish to seek it out further from other sources, then you've got months of worm holes (pun intended) to work through.
What impressed me the most about it was the majesty of God. It is just mind blowing, almost literally, the science involved in the creation, and the fundamental principals that hold everything together. I still can't really wrap my mind around it, ans that was only a smidgen of info he spoke about.
The big bang. What a joke. Like Missler said, the big bang theory is: first there was nothing, and then it exploded.
If I was the Joker comic character, i'd still be laughing about that one.
Wow, thanks so much JD!! :D I just found his videos on YouTube!! Very exciting! I'll start watching them tonight. :giggle:(y)