A Glimpse of the Event Horizon

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

AuntieAnt

Omigosh, this is so moving to me!!! that God would allow us to view His beautiful celestial handiwork!! Praise You, Jesus!!! \:love:/

Aug 2, 2009
They've been showing it in the news all day today. I always thought black holes were just.... black.

Aug 2, 2009
Soundgarden must've known something we didn't know.. (that it would look like a black sun)

TooFastTurtle

Apr 10, 2019
Has anyone ever flew a space-ship or something through a blackhole? Do we know what happens if you go through one? Does the object just vanish completely or is there a teleportation that takes place?

Thanks for the news article, very thought provoking.

Heavens truly declare God's handiwork, imagine how intelligent you must be to create something like that. Im more impressed by God creating a grain of sand than scientists creating a wireless phone.

M

Miri

The first glimpse of the edge of a black hole: the event horizon!

At long last, a glimpse of a black hole. This week scientists are expected to release images of the silhouette of this elusive and inscrutable astronomical object.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/08/opinion/black-hole.html

View attachment 197172

Oh I saw that in the news, isn’t it fascinating.

I kind of think that black holes are like cosmic tornadoes.

Just think, if we can look at distance places in the galaxy with our
limited understanding and equipment. How much more can the
creator God see us and have regard for us!

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
I wonder if black holes that have no light within them are representative of the Abyss ??
30 Jesus then asked him, “What is your name?” And he said, 'Legion,' for many demons had entered him.
31 And they begged him not to command them to depart into the abyss.
Luke 8:

A

AuntieAnt

A

AuntieAnt

Never post anything about science from a scientific site...
it seems to upset people.

You're always such a sweet little man. :geek: The Easter Bunny will most likely visit your house. :sneaky:

U

UnderGrace

No the internet that is the problem, I can access many scientific journals via the internet, it is the source that must be considered.

There are physicists that both dispute black holes and event horizons.

But if you want to trust mainstream media and all its fakery that is your choice.:)

I just want to counter balance the hype.

Well, I read it on the intranets so it MUST be true. Oh you peeps of wittle faith. View attachment 197338

I suppose the next thing you're gonna try to tell me is that the Easter Bunny isn't real either!! Good luck with that, sister. He brings me an Easter basket full of chocolate every year. You're not gonna get any!! :p Nyah nyah!

View attachment 197340

A

AuntieAnt

No the internet that is the problem, I can access many scientific journals via the internet, it is the source that must be considered.

There are physicists that both dispute black holes and event horizons.

But if you want to trust mainstream media and all its fakery that is your choice.:)

I just want to counter balance the hype.
Fakery? Everything is fakery but God. Name one thing on this earth that is absolutely stable and true (besides Jesus Christ)?

If we want to get technical….

Time is an illusion, there’s only now (even God’s name I AM testifies of that)

Color is an optical illusion. Gravity is an illusion. Time and Space are an illusion.

In fact, your perceived reality is merely an illusion. Everything is just energy. There is no size, weight, height, width, length or structure to any of the particles that make up an atom. The physical presence you believe in is an illusion. Zero dimensions.

Even the black hole is an illusion. The only reality is God.

Everything we see is an illusion. So it makes little difference to me if I wanna get excited and praise God for the little joys we're offered while in this temporary realm. Does that make sense? :giggle:

Hebrews 11:13
By faith, we understand that the universe has been framed by the word of God, so that what is seen has not been made out of things which are visible.

U

UnderGrace

Fakery? Everything is fakery but God. Name one thing on this earth that is absolutely stable and true (besides Jesus Christ)?

If we want to get technical….

Time is an illusion, there’s only now (even God’s name I AM testifies of that)

Color is an optical illusion. Gravity is an illusion. Time and Space are an illusion.

In fact, your perceived reality is merely an illusion. Everything is just energy. There is no size, weight, height, width, length or structure to any of the particles that make up an atom. The physical presence you believe in is an illusion. Zero dimensions.

Even the black hole is an illusion. The only reality is God.

Everything we see is an illusion. So it makes little difference to me if I wanna get excited and praise God for the little joys we're offered while in this temporary realm. Does that make sense? :giggle:

Hebrews 11:13
By faith, we understand that the universe has been framed by the word of God, so that what is seen has not been made out of things which are visible.
We do not live in an illusion since God created the Universe and God is real, the very nature of God is reflected in our present reality.

If you find black holes fun...well I guess I am happy for you :), no Easter Bunny required.

A

AuntieAnt

Illusion = Temporal realm

While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

A

AuntieAnt

I only brought up the Easter bunny because I thought it was the children's hour.
We do not live in an illusion since God created the Universe and God is real, the very nature of God is reflected in our present reality.

If you find black holes fun...well I guess I am happy for you :), no Easter Bunny required.
You have it backwards. The God Who created the universe, Himself is invisible and is Reality RIGHT NOW! The Nature of God is invisible, as is Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit.

We are to walk by faith, not by sight.

Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen.

Jesus is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation.

"And the Father who sent Me, He has testified of Me. You have neither heard His voice at any time nor seen His form.

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen

For in this hope we were saved; but hope that is seen is no hope at all.

From now on, therefore, we recognize no one according to the flesh. Even though we once recognized Christ according to the flesh, we recognize him thus no longer.

U

UnderGrace

I only brought up the Easter bunny because I thought it was the children's hour.

You have it backwards. The God Who created the universe, Himself is invisible and is Reality RIGHT NOW! The Nature of God is invisible, as is Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit.

We are to walk by faith, not by sight.

Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen.

Jesus is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation.

"And the Father who sent Me, He has testified of Me. You have neither heard His voice at any time nor seen His form.

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen

For in this hope we were saved; but hope that is seen is no hope at all.

From now on, therefore, we recognize no one according to the flesh. Even though we once recognized Christ according to the flesh, we recognize him thus no longer.
I would not have consider "illusion" being equated with temporal

A

AuntieAnt

I would not have consider "illusion" being equated with temporal
Illusion is "a deceptive appearance", and if you're a Christian walking by sight (faith in what you see), you are being deceived.