A Good Future

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

KBond

Senior Member
Jun 5, 2013
662
21
18

"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'" —Jeremiah 29:11

Sometimes I will think, "Ah, I have time to relax!" Before a few minutes have passed, I notice my knitted eyebrows, tensed muscles, and racing mind. I am thinking into the future. How will I do this or that? I review plans so I don't forget my many activities. Sometimes I just think deep thoughts about things I cannot control. It is no wonder I am exhausted by the end of the day! When I catch myself behaving like this, I remind myself of Jeremiah 29:11. I tell myself, "God has good plans for me. I do not need to worry or plan right now. I can just be present and enjoy this moment. My future is going to be good." Oh, how I wish I would have known to meditate on this verse earlier in my walk with God! This is what I tell my old self: Stop struggling and worrying. Instead enjoy the life God has blessed you with!