A Nephilim festival??

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Good question. Before I comment further, and with respect to the OP, I will watch the 6-minute vid and get back to you tomorrow. (The vid above with the tall woman is A.I. generated. I suspect the others are, as well.)
I don't think A.I. does the subject any justice at all. All it does it makes it sound ridiculous when the fact is, newspapers like the New York post in the late 1800s and early 1900s regularly printed many articles of giant skeletons that were found before mysteriously disappearing after organisations like the Smithsonian institute had taken over the sites. It is also said that giant skeletal remains have been found at many of the burial mounds scattered around the America's. Also the Paiute Indians wrote in their histories about warring with tribes of cannibalistic red headed giants. So I believe that there is good evidence that shows that they are still around and also that certain organisations have knowledge of that fact, for obvious reasons. Mainly because admitting it only adds more credibility to the validity of the Bible and also goes against Darwin's theory of evolution.
 
"naturalists" and "Adamites" and "ultra-natural" - you're joking, right? That "Sethite view" has been debunked since its invention.

The most fatal flaw in the specious "Sethite" view is the emergence of the Nephilim as a result of the unions. (likewise, "giants" does not resolve the difficulties.) It is the offspring of these peculiar unions in Genesis 6:4 which seems to be cited as a primary cause for the flood.

Procreation by parents of differing religious views do not produce unnatural offspring. Believers marrying unbelievers may produce "monsters," but hardly superhuman, or unnatural, children! It was this unnatural procreation and the resulting abnormal creatures that were designated as a principal reason for the judgment of the flood.

The very absence of any such adulteration of the human genealogy in Noah's case is also documented in Genesis 6:9: Noah's family tree was distinctively unblemished. The term used, tamiym, is used for physical blemishes.1

Why were the offspring uniquely designated "mighty" and "men of renown?" This description characterizing the children is not accounted for if the fathers were merely men, even if godly.

A further difficulty seems to be that the offspring were only men; no "women of reknown" are mentioned. (Was there a chromosome deficiency among the Sethites? Were there only "Y" chromosomes available in this line?)2

1. Exodus 12:5, 29; Leviticus 1:3, 10; 3:1, 6; 4:3, 23; 5:15, 18, 25; 22:19, 21; 23:12; Numbers 6:14; et al. Over 60 references, usually referring to the freedom from physical blemishes of offerings.

2. Each human gamete has 23 pairs of chromosomes: the male has both "Y" (shorter) and "X" (longer) chromosomes; the female, only "X" chromosomes. The sex of a fertilized egg is determined by the sperm fertilizing the egg: "X+Y" for a male child; "X+X" for a female. Thus, the male supplies thesex-determining chromosome.
I've only come away from reading this with "myths and endless genealogies... (1Tim 1:4)" in mind.
 
  • Like
Reactions: HealthAndHappiness
If you came upon their footprints alone in the woods... :unsure: I wonder what kind of stories might follow:LOL:

Andre the Giant was so type cast for his feet that he got the role of Bigfoot on the Six million Dollar Man. Right after that big battle, Sasquatch hunters wanted to cast his feet.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Mem
I have little doubt that they determined to present those casts as "proof."

I used to believe that angels interbred with humans and all that because that's what my pastor taught. After reading the Bible from cover to cover and digging into the passages that were supposed proof text, I realized that he was filling in a lot of blanks. That is he was teaching speculation as facts instead of the disclaimer that he had an opinion.
 
I used to believe that angels interbred with humans and all that because that's what my pastor taught. After reading the Bible from cover to cover and digging into the passages that were supposed proof text, I realized that he was filling in a lot of blanks. That is he was teaching speculation as facts instead of the disclaimer that he had an opinion.
I'm can't find fault in having considered the possibility in the first place. I mean, I think even the (truest) skeptic philosopher begins at that place of acceptance until he encounters a reason to reject its validity.
 
I have little doubt that they determined to present those casts as "proof."

The thing that gets me is that the few NBA basketball players are supposed to go on the carnivore diet and start eating their teammates "as in the days of Noah."
When exactly is this supposed to happen?
Will bullets bounce off them like basketballs when they start attacking us?
🏀💥😄
 
The thing that gets me is that the few NBA basketball players are supposed to go on the carnivore diet and start eating their teammates "as in the days of Noah."
When exactly is this supposed to happen?
Well, if we're figurative speaking, I've heard rumors about the WNBA... :unsure: :LOL:

ooh gosh, I don't know if joke that worked out like I had first thought it would... :oops:
meh, even so, I'm going to leave it there.
 
  • Haha
Reactions: HealthAndHappiness
Well, if we're figurative speaking, I've heard rumors about the WNBA... :unsure: :LOL:

ooh gosh, I don't know if joke that worked out like I had first thought it would... :oops:
meh, even so, I'm going to leave it there.

I just don't know what we are going to do!!!
I think the hospitals are hiding the babies in a secret maternity ward. I'm going to look into this .
 
.

Neither is there a clear verse in the entire Bible that we can find that teaches that one kind of creature cannot reproduce with another kind.

In fact, why would that phrase even need to be mentioned if it was impossible for unlike kinds to mate and reproduce?
Has anyone observed one kind giving birth to another kind?
Perhaps the hypothesis that a Tyrannosaurus Rex laid eggs and chickens emerged is true!

Here are all the appearances of the phrases that represent the same word:

after their kind
after his kind
after her kind
according to their kinds
- source: 18 verses

Groups of living organisms belong in the same created "kind" if they have descended from the same ancestral gene pool. But what if they have not?


Yes.


This is key.
.1782565408879.jpeg
 
  • Like
Reactions: Anchorite
I don't think it's a case of waiting for them to show up. I think they're already here. It's just not well known, not to the mainstream masses anyway. In places like the Solomon islands and Afghanistan it's common knowledge between the locals that they are coexisting with nephilim beings and that they even make regular sacrifices to them apparently. It's said that a lot of giants and nephilim beings have gone underground literally like what the scriptures say, "They were in the earth in those days and also after that"

Okay.
 
The account in Genesis repeatedly emphasizes that it was men, not fallen angels or human-angel hybrids.

If fallen angels were causing all this trouble, why does God only refer to men?

Why doesn’t God say His spirit will not always strive with the sons of God/fallen angels?
The offspring that were produced from the bene elohim (sons of God) mating with earthly women did not go off and live on their own. As they grew from "normal" size to their characteristic large stature, there were tribes and entire cities where such "intermarriages" abounded. That's why God forbade those unions AND why the Israelites were commanded to go in and kill every man, woman, child, animal - to remove the corruption. We've all heard so many spiritually ignorant people poo-poo the Holy Bible because they think God is a murderous tyrant. It's also why God spared Noah's 8 (because his genealogy was uncorrupted).

"Man" was not guiltless in the corruption wrought of the "intermarriages."

Those disobedient angels will have their own set of consequences to deal with, and remember that they are not eligible for redemption.

I don't think A.I. does the subject any justice at all. All it does it makes it sound ridiculous
‘With artificial intelligence, we are summoning the demon.’ - Elon Musk, The Washington Post

I don't think it's a case of waiting for them to show up. I think they're already here. It's just not well known, not to the mainstream masses anyway.
Agreed.
 
  • Like
Reactions: seymourclear
The offspring that were produced from the bene elohim (sons of God) mating with earthly women did not go off and live on their own. As they grew from "normal" size to their characteristic large stature, there were tribes and entire cities where such "intermarriages" abounded. That's why God forbade those unions AND why the Israelites were commanded to go in and kill every man, woman, child, animal - to remove the corruption. We've all heard so many spiritually ignorant people poo-poo the Holy Bible because they think God is a murderous tyrant. It's also why God spared Noah's 8 (because his genealogy was uncorrupted).

"Man" was not guiltless in the corruption wrought of the "intermarriages."

Those disobedient angels will have their own set of consequences to deal with, and remember that they are not eligible for redemption.


‘With artificial intelligence, we are summoning the demon.’ - Elon Musk, The Washington Post


Agreed.

Just to clarify what I meant by "it doesn't do the subject any justice," I meant AI generated videos of giants/nephilim.

But yeh I too believe that AI are demonic entities 100%.
 
There's no clear verse in the entire Bible that we can find that teaches that one kind of creature can reproduce with another kind. However that IS a common theme in paganism/satanism. They really push the sexual perversion themes.
Lev 19:19? Ye shall keep my statutes. Thou shalt not let thy cattle gender with a diverse kind: thou shalt not sow thy field with mingled seed: neither shall a garment mingled of linen and woollen come upon thee.
 
  • Like
Reactions: HeIsHere