If this study is about scripture, and it is talking about what scripture says, then it would have to agree with acts 15:10, Hebrews 8:13, and Romans 7:6. It isn't a study to find out that God made a mistake when God gave us scripture. That is for the people who deny scripture to do.What about acts 15:10; Hebrews 8:13;romans 7:6....etc.
If you look long enough and hard enough you can find anyone to agree with your personal perversion of scripture..Any time there is a discussion of law, the book of Galatians is quoted as proof against law. ..................................I found a study that explains Galatians through a thorough study of all scripture that applies, and a study of the times surrounding the letter that is almost like going back into the life of the Galatians. It isn’t an easy study, it is an outline that can take weeks to do. It isn’t for the casual Christian..................
But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory
For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
I praise my God for sending the apostle Paul to complete Jesus' ministry so that I, a lowly gentile mechanic, may have hope of everlasting life in heaven.How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words, [SUP] [/SUP]Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)
But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace, [SUP] [/SUP]To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen
I am so grateful to my God that He sent His Spirit to inspire holy men to provide His word for me to understand without having to get an interpretation from another.Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself
I praise my God for shining that bright light in my heart to dispel the shadows and all doubt.Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. [SUP] [/SUP]For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost
We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts
You are right, for once. You have NOT said to "live as you like". To you, the Holy Spirit leads you to living according to the same thing that law says, including using love as a guide.I'm going to jump in here because you have accused me of the same thing.
Here are Scriptures which back up my view...
This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would. But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law. (Gal 5:16-18)
That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
(Rom 8:4-5)
Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh. For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live. For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
(Rom 8:12-14)
As you can see there are no Scriptures that say as you claim; "to only listen to the Holy Spirit, that lets you live as you like."
RedTent please name ONE TIME when I or someone with similar doctrine ever said ''live as you like?""
If you can't please quit falsely accusing us of such.
So you are content that you will not look at any explanations!! If you have it wrong, you believe you should hide from anything that might be truth, it is wrong to look for more exact truth according to your information. So shut up about it, keep to what you have, it could be that others are more humble and willing to listen for God's voice. Why throw what you feel is so superior about what you know on everyone else who is searching for truth as carefully as they can.If you look long enough and hard enough you can find anyone to agree with your personal perversion of scripture.
I am so thankful for, and I praise my God for, giving me His word in such a manner that I, a lowly mechanic, can understand it. I am grateful that my God showed me the mystery that had, until time of Christ's sacrifice for me, been hidden from the world.
I praise my God for sending the apostle Paul to complete Jesus' ministry so that I, a lowly gentile mechanic, may have hope of everlasting life in heaven. I am so grateful to my God that He sent His Spirit to inspire holy men to provide His word for me to understand without having to get an interpretation from another.I praise my God for shining that bright light in my heart to dispel the shadows and all doubt.
I feel bad for you that your god spoke in hidden words that you had to get someone to explain it to you.
You are right, for once. You have NOT said to "live as you like". To you, the Holy Spirit leads you to living according to the same thing that law says, including using love as a guide.
I do apologize.
Our churches has opened the door to allowing immorality, etc. to be part of the church. It is since the ten commandments are not taught any longer in the way they were a very short time ago. I still stand by that, for the baby Christians in the church especially, the teaching that the Holy Spirit does not require the backup of all scripture including what it says about how to express love (or law as you put it) is not working to help the church.
But this is a post about the idea of studying Galatians, not your idea about law. The opposition is saying we may not study it, it is Judaizing, based on that the author of the study I suggested is deeply involved in the OT. This study does not include any of that, but being he is the author, the opposition to the study wants no one to follow this study.
You are right, for once. You have NOT said to "live as you like". To you, the Holy Spirit leads you to living according to the same thing that law says, including using love as a guide.
I do apologize.
Our churches has opened the door to allowing immorality, etc. to be part of the church. It is since the ten commandments are not taught any longer in the way they were a very short time ago. I still stand by that, for the baby Christians in the church especially, the teaching that the Holy Spirit does not require the backup of all scripture including what it says about how to express love (or law as you put it) is not working to help the church.
But this is a post about the idea of studying Galatians, not your idea about law. The opposition is saying we may not study it, it is Judaizing, based on that the author of the study I suggested is deeply involved in the OT. This study does not include any of that, but being he is the author, the opposition to the study wants no one to follow this study.
YOU are discussing scripture or "perverted Hebrew Roots"? You suggest that all covenants are wrong except the one in Christ that is new and improved, and by wanting scripture ignored you are not the perverted one? I don't think so. Hebrew Roots means accepting the scripture that God breathed, all of it as one scripture. You want the NT made the major scripture and you throw stones at others? It is a glass house you are living in.Here are some other Bible studies on Galatians NOT written by Orthodox Jews!
Intro only, but a good one!
https://www.ivpress.com/bible/galatian/
http://executableoutlines.com/pdf/ga_sg.pdf
http://www.thinkonthesethings.com/materials/Gal.pdf
https://bible.org/seriespage/galatians-introduction-argument-and-outline
I also have 4 commentaries (i.e. large books) and they all agree with the above links that Galatians was written to those who were being tricked into circumcision and following the Mosaic Covenant as a condition of salvation, or on-going salvation.
I am not anti- Semitic, I have quite a few wonderful Jewish friends with whom I share the gospel with regularly. I am not anti-nomian, I follow Jesus with all my heart. I read the Old Testament daily and value the words, as they were inspired by God and Jesus knew and loved those words!
Any further accusations of this slanderous nature will be reported!
This is the Bible Discussion Forum, and we should be discussing the Bible, not murdering people with our words, because they defend the truth of the real gospel of Christ, not a perverted Hebrew Roots gospel of returning to the Old Covenant!
Fixed it for you.So you are content that you will not look at any explanations!! If God did it wrong.............
But we are not discussing law here, or even what scripture says. We are discussing whether we can study Galatians through the study I suggested.I want to clear up a possible misunderstanding. I think we need to know the entire bible. For as the bible says in 2 Timothy 3:16 All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness. I encourage everyone to read the whole bible. I believe that it is through the old that we can come to appreciate and understand the new. But I believe that we are under the law of grace, which seems quite obvious to me. And as I have said many times we are not to live in sin just because we have received grace. Paul says, "May it never be!" which I believe could say "it cannot be." If you receive Jesus, then you will desire to please God which means you will live by many of the things that were established in the old testament. I believe this is why Paul says that we are not under the law but we establish it. Because the non-believer should see the law through our actions. But not the whole law, because Jesus has fulfilled the law. So, the non-believer shouldn't be encouraged to sacrific animals, stone sinners, consider themselves unclean for until evening because they touched something that was dead, consider a women unclean for 33 days after she gives birth to a boy/66 if she gives birth to a girl,etc. These things should not be established through us to a non-believer because they are not part of the new covenant.
You are right, for once. You have NOT said to "live as you like". To you, the Holy Spirit leads you to living according to the same thing that law says, including using love as a guide.
I do apologize.
Our churches has opened the door to allowing immorality, etc. to be part of the church. It is since the ten commandments are not taught any longer in the way they were a very short time ago. I still stand by that, for the baby Christians in the church especially, the teaching that the Holy Spirit does not require the backup of all scripture including what it says about how to express love (or law as you put it) is not working to help the church.
But this is a post about the idea of studying Galatians, not your idea about law. The opposition is saying we may not study it, it is Judaizing, based on that the author of the study I suggested is deeply involved in the OT. This study does not include any of that, but being he is the author, the opposition to the study wants no one to follow this study.
Could you please explain as simple as you can, (I have great difficulty reading your convoluted texts)
what Paul mean when he says the "law is the schoolmaster..... and we are no longer under the schoolmaster"?
Please.
This thread is not about my giving explanations of Galatians, it is about if it is OK to do the study of Galatians that I suggested.Could you please explain as simple as you can, (I have great difficulty reading your convoluted texts)
what Paul mean when he says the "law is the schoolmaster..... and we are no longer under the schoolmaster"?
Please.
But we are not discussing law here, or even what scripture says. We are discussing whether we can study Galatians through the study I suggested.
Even though the study is not about "Hebrew Roots", the author is a member of that church. Some say that we may not study using his study plan based on that, even though he is not promoting his church. Many posts say that they already know all about anything anyone could say about Galatians and we are not to study based on that. One woman says that this study is off limits because everything about OT and Hebrew Roots saying the OT is the root of Christ is "perverted", therefore they should only do the study that she personally OK's. There isn't any posts that say they think they could learn about the study of the history of the times or scriptures that reinforce Galatians. I am defending the study.
- So you are content that you will not look at any explanations!!
- If you have it wrong, you believe you should hide from anything that might be truth, it is wrong to look for more exact truth according to your information.
- So shut up about it, keep to what you have, it could be that others are more humble and willing to listen for God's voice.
- Why throw what you feel is so superior about what you know on everyone else who is searching for truth as carefully as they can.
- God said to let those children looking for His voice come to him and forbid them not.
- So you finished and completed scholars, please just be quiet and let us seekers search scripture.
You are right, for once. You have NOT said to "live as you like". To you, the Holy Spirit leads you to living according to the same thing that law says, including using love as a guide.
I do apologize.
Our churches has opened the door to allowing immorality, etc. to be part of the church. It is since the ten commandments are not taught any longer in the way they were a very short time ago.
I still stand by that, for the baby Christians in the church especially, the teaching that the Holy Spirit does not require the backup of all scripture including what it says about how to express love (or law as you put it) is not working to help the church.
But this is a post about the idea of studying Galatians, not your idea about law. The opposition is saying we may not study it, it is Judaizing, based on that the author of the study I suggested is deeply involved in the OT. This study does not include any of that, but being he is the author, the opposition to the study wants no one to follow this study.
<snip> One of your scriptures says to listen to the law and obey, another says to only listen to the Holy Spirit the written law is a burden. You decide to listen to the scripture that says to only listen to the Holy Spirit, that lets you live as you like. My God never disagrees with Himself. I find my God in the word, in the bible, and you look there and find a God who seems strange to me.
<snip>
There were rumors that Paul was teaching against the "law of Moses" in his day. He proved he was not by his Nazarite vow. Was Paul a hypocrite, or is he misunderstood? I think those who say He taught contrary to Moses and Jesus, have misunderstood him, and gladly so, for they cling to their strongholds and false theology rather than see. For there are numerous scripture that confirm God doesn't lower His standards to rebels, nor did Messiah rebel against Father.
Remember what happens to those who does not love truth?
2Thessalonians2
[SUP]9 [/SUP]The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, [SUP]10 [/SUP]and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. [SUP]11 [/SUP]And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, [SUP]12 [/SUP]that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
Even so, come Lord Jesus. It is a wicked world indeed, when professing Christians say there is no law.