A new president in 2024.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

lawrence101

Jan 25, 2019
canada
I think the biggest problem with Trump was the media. He said good things that needed to be reported and replayed, but they only showed his tweets. He did encourage his followers to do right, but that stuff didn't get much air time. Now i think there are just too many extremists with terrible views like white supremacy associated with him. If he we're going to run again, i really hope he would denounce those things loud and clear so that people couldn't say those bad things are his views just because people like that support him. As for the election being stolen, the democrats said the same thing when Trump was elected and when GWBush was elected, but they didn't defend themselves so fiercely. They had to let it go.
No , the media is just their mouth piece for propaganda , its the globalists billionaire Trump haters pulling the strings behind the scenes that most do not see that are the problem. They were attacking President Trump and his administration from day one with their bogus " Russia soclution " impeachment trails for 3 years straight, while Trump was bringing back jobs and attacking China and draining the Fed swamp.

Jan 5, 2022
"A higher plane," hehe
www.youtube.com
Oh, we'll have a new "President" in 2024, almost no doubt. And I do think that we will continue having elections. Appearances are important to the Establishment.

The question is whether there will be enough election reform prior to 2024 to actually make those elections meaningful and a true reflection of the voice of the American people.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Oh, we'll have a new "President" in 2024, almost no doubt. And I do think that we will continue having elections. Appearances are important to the Establishment.

The question is whether there will be enough election reform prior to 2024 to actually make those elections meaningful and a true reflection of the voice of the American people.
by 'election reform' do you mean 'gerrymandering' and 'minority voter suppression' and 'loopholes for partisan state legislatures to individually overturn fair and free elections' ?

.. because that's what the GOP has been busy at. are you proud of them?

:unsure:

K

kaylagrl

by 'election reform' do you mean 'gerrymandering' and 'minority voter suppression' and 'loopholes for partisan state legislatures to individually overturn fair and free elections' ?

.. because that's what the GOP has been busy at. are you proud of them?

:unsure:

Yes, I am. And will be even more so as they continue to push back on radical Dems and their lies.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Yes, I am. And will be even more so as they continue to push back on radical Dems and their lies.
destroying democracy isn't the right way to win secular political power.
do we at least agree on that, or are you "UNIVERSAL GOP DOMINANCE OF THE USA AT ANY COST" ?

because what the GOP has done post-trump is align themselves in obeisance to him like a saviour-king, and put in place as many election-rigging mechanisms as they can. his cult-of-personality draws in so many votes they are prostituting themselves to him at the expense of whatever values they once had.
that's not very cool, constitution-wise.

Jan 5, 2022
"A higher plane," hehe
www.youtube.com
do we at least agree on that, or are you "UNIVERSAL GOP DOMINANCE OF THE USA AT ANY COST" ?

because what the GOP has done post-trump is align themselves in obeisance to him like a saviour-king, and put in place as many election-rigging mechanisms as they can. his cult-of-personality draws in so many votes they are prostituting themselves to him at the expense of whatever values they once had.
Well, the GOP is actually LOSING seats with a lot of the gerrymandering, so I see that more as capitulating to the radical left.

Oh, btw, America is not and has never been a democracy. Get it right. Also, America sucks at exporting "democracy." We just can't seem to get it to stick. Maybe because it's not something we should be doing in the first place.

K

kaylagrl

Ah Post, I agree with you on so many things. This just isn't one of them. I simply see this as propaganda from the Dem side. I don't believe the GOP is doing that at all. And even it they did, they'd be following what Dems do when it benefits them. You and I both know it.

They Dems say everything must be changed so the election isn't stolen this time round. But isn't that the same election and practices that got them in to office? I wouldn't trust a Dem as far as I could throw one, I'm speaking of gov't. Slim to no trust in either side at this point.

O

Oblio

Perhaps the time of the Dems and the GOP is passing and what is needed is a new party. One that truly represents the interests of the people. One that is not filled with sell-outs and the compromised!

Jan 5, 2022
"A higher plane," hehe
www.youtube.com
Ah Post, I agree with you on so many things. This just isn't one of them. I simply see this as propaganda from the Dem side. I don't believe the GOP is doing that at all. And even it they did, they'd be following what Dems do when it benefits them. You and I both know it.

They Dems say everything must be changed so the election isn't stolen this time round. But isn't that the same election and practices that got them in to office? I wouldn't trust a Dem as far as I could throw one, I'm speaking of gov't. Slim to no trust in either side at this point.
The "Uniparty Establishment" is made up of the radical left (Democrats) and their RINO (Republicans In Name Only) enablers.

We really needed an America First party a year ago to separate the wheat from the chaff, but that ship sailed.

O

Oblio

I'm just one little guy, but I know I'm right...I will not go down without a fight!
And while we're at it, keep those jabberwockies away from me!

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Well, the GOP is actually LOSING seats with a lot of the gerrymandering, so I see that more as capitulating to the radical left.
gerrymandering is wrong no matter who does it.

i wish we had a congress that would address it, outlaw it, and formulate an objectively fair-handed districting algorithm
i wish we had a congress that would impose term-limits on itself
i wish we had a congress that would truly reform campaign finance
i wish we had a congress that would clean up insider trading & lobbying

but for such things we need selfless congressmen and congresswomen - rather than vain ones

what i do not wish for is yet another 'us vs. them' gang-mentality-to-even-more-hyped-up-degree congress that declares 50% of America to be evil and spends its entire term demonizing their neighbors, deifying their own leadership, and rigging their own re-elections.

((if that makes sense?))

pretty sure Christians are supposed to be a-political.

that is all.

O

Oblio

As a Canadian, I'm pondering the Libertarians.

Jan 5, 2022
"A higher plane," hehe
www.youtube.com
gerrymandering is wrong no matter who does it.

i wish we had a congress that would address it, outlaw it, and formulate an objectively fair-handed districting algorithm
i wish we had a congress that would impose term-limits on itself
i wish we had a congress that would truly reform campaign finance
i wish we had a congress that would clean up insider trading & lobbying

but for such things we need selfless congressmen and congresswomen - rather than vain ones

what i do not wish for is yet another 'us vs. them' gang-mentality-to-even-more-hyped-up-degree congress that declares 50% of America to be evil and spends its entire term demonizing their neighbors, deifying their own leadership, and rigging their own re-elections.

((if that makes sense?))

pretty sure Christians are supposed to be a-political.

that is all.
Agreed except for that last bit: "pretty sure Christians are supposed to be a-political."

A lot of people want you to believe that. A lot of people will tell you that Christians should be pacifists too. It's because they don't want you exerting your influence and using your voice. But we are told to let our light shine.

Jesus would have gotten involved if He saw a woman being raped in front of Him on a train. With physical force if needed. He was a carpenter. He overthrew the moneychangers' tables and chased them out of the Temple with a whip. He was no pacifist.

And John the Baptist was not apolitical. In fact, he died for being willing to speak truth to power.

The Scriptures tell us to "render unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's." Well, Americans are in a unique place, because - on paper anyways - this nation is OF, BY, and FOR the PEOPLE. US. We have more responsibility to influence the system - which is ours - than any other Christians in history. Don't get me wrong. We're not going to be able to create a paradise on Earth and I'm not advocating theocracy. But we do need to stand for a moral and decent society of law and order. And I believe that may include physically fighting against tyranny if the need arises.

O

Oblio

Agreed except for that last bit: "pretty sure Christians are supposed to be a-political."

A lot of people want you to believe that. A lot of people will tell you that Christians should be pacifists too. It's because they don't want you exerting your influence and using your voice. But we are told to let our light shine.

Jesus would have gotten involved if He saw a woman being raped in front of Him on a train. With physical force if needed. He was a carpenter. He overthrew the moneychangers' tables and chased them out of the Temple with a whip. He was no pacifist.

And John the Baptist was not apolitical. In fact, he died for being willing to speak truth to power.

The Scriptures tell us to "render unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's." Well, Americans are in a unique place, because - on paper anyways - this nation is OF, BY, and FOR the PEOPLE. US. We have more responsibility to influence the system - which is ours - than any other Christians in history. Don't get me wrong. We're not going to be able to create a paradise on Earth and I'm not advocating theocracy. But we do need to stand for a moral and decent society of law and order. And I believe that may include physically fighting against tyranny if the need arises.
"You may disagree with me, but I'll defend your right to disagree with me." This is, I think, is called an axiom, and I adhere to. Within reason. Which means I want to be respected as a person who has a God-given will. Freedom of choice.
I don't always vote, last time I forgot until 1 minute before the poles closed. I disagree with many things other Christians believe. As long as I can state what I believe, so can they. I'm treating others as I want to be treated. Like Jesus said to do.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Perhaps the time of the Dems and the GOP is passing and what is needed is a new party.
That new party should have been formed in 2015 and Donald Trump should have made it happen. He had no business throwing in his lot with the RINOs (who all hated him).

And after the Lord gave him a golden opportunity to Drain the Swamp he kept all the alligators within his administration to sabotage himself and his agenda. And then to top it off he found 10 billion dollars for Operation Kill Speedily, and now hundreds of thousands have died or been maimed because of those bogus vaccines.

So unless Mr. Trump comes clean with his constituents and publicly takes responsibility for the huge damage done through the COVID Scamdemic under his watch, chances are he will not be able to achieve anything in the future. One really has to wonder where he actually stands.