A place for rapture questions

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Wall

Mar 13, 2013
Where does scripture say we are going after we are changed in the twinkling of an eye?

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Where does scripture say we are going after we are changed in the twinkling of an eye?
HOME. Our eternal home. Where those mansions have been prepared for us. More precisely, the New Jerusalem.

HEBREWS 12

22 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,

To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,

And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

Wall

Mar 13, 2013
HOME. Our eternal home. Where those mansions have been prepared for us. More precisely, the New Jerusalem.

HEBREWS 12

22 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,

To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,

And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.
OK. What about all those Rapturist that say we are going to heaven. Where do you find that in scripture?

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
OK. What about all those Rapturist that say we are going to heaven. Where do you find that in scripture?
Since the New Jerusalem is in Heaven, one can either say Heaven or the New Jerusalem.

Feb 28, 2016
oh, such a very long process to find out 'The Truth', be steady, listen to The Holy Spirit speak to your heart -
learn how to 'trust-use your Faith daily and you will grow up and into His future for you...

Wall

Mar 13, 2013

HEBREWS 12

Mt. Zion is found here on earth. As well, the new Jerusalem will be here on earth. So there are no scriptures that say we are going to heaven at the 1Cor.15 event. Not a one.

Noose

Apr 18, 2016
Mt. Zion is found here on earth. As well, the new Jerusalem will be here on earth. So there are no scriptures that say we are going to heaven at the 1Cor.15 event. Not a one.
Coz heaven means the hearts of believers right here on earth- the 144k believers.
Jesus instructed us to pray like this:

Our father,
Who at in heaven,
Hallowed be thy name,
Thy kingdom come,
Thy will be done on earth as it is heaven....

If he meant otherwise the prayer should change to something like,
"..may we fly off to heaven, may your will be done in heaven differently from what we experienced on earth..."

Wall

Mar 13, 2013
1 CORINTHIANS 15 [42] So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption: [43] It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power: [44] IT IS SOWN A NATURAL BODY; IT IS RAISED A SPIRITUAL BODY. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.......
1 CORINTHIANS 15 [51] Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, [52] In a moment, IN THE TWINKLING OF AN EYE, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and WE SHALL BE CHANGED. [53] For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

New testament scriptures describing and verifying Psalm 17

PSALM 17 [13] ARISE, O LORD, disappoint him, cast him down: deliver my soul from the wicked, which is thy sword: [14] From men which are thy hand, O LORD, from men of the world, which have their portion in this life, and whose belly thou fillest with thy hid treasure: they are full of children, and leave the rest of their substance to their babes. [15] As for me, I will behold thy face in righteousness: I shall be satisfied, WHEN I AWAKE, WITH THY LIKENESS.

ARISE,O LORD! At this time our mortal bodies will be changed {in the twinkling of an eye} and made in the likeness of Christ

PSALM 132 [7] We will go into his tabernacles: we will worship at his footstool. [8] ARISE, O LORD, INTO THY REST; thou, and the ark of thy strength. [9] Let thy priests be clothed with righteousness; and let thy saints shout for joy.

ARISE,O LORD! At that same time our bodies are changed, Christ enters His resting place. The Rapturist would have you to believe that Christ at this time is going back to heaven and taking us with Him. You wont find that in scripture. Its just not there.

PSALM 132 [13] For the LORD hath chosen ZION; he hath desired it for his habitation. [14] This is MY REST FOR EVER: here will I dwell; for I have desired it. [15] I will abundantly bless her provision: I will satisfy her poor with bread. [16] I will also clothe her priests with salvation: and her saints shall shout aloud for joy.

Where is that rest? Zion, Jerusalem, His Holy Mountain.

ZECHARIAH 8 [1] Again the word of the LORD of hosts came to me, saying, [2] Thus saith the LORD of hosts; I was jealous for Zion with great jealousy, and I was jealous for her with great fury. [3] Thus saith the LORD; I AM RETURNED UNTO ZION, AND WILL DWELL IN THE MIDST OF JERUSALEM: and Jerusalem shall be called a city of truth; and the mountain of the LORD of hosts THE HOLY MOUNTAIN. [4] Thus saith the LORD of hosts; There shall yet old men and old women dwell in the streets of Jerusalem, and every man with his staff in his hand for very age. [5] And the streets of the city shall be full of boys and girls playing in the streets thereof. [6] Thus saith the LORD of hosts; If it be marvellous in the eyes of the remnant of this people in these days, should it also be marvellous in mine eyes? saith the LORD of hosts. [7] Thus saith the LORD of hosts; Behold, I will save my people from the east country, and from the west country; [8] And I WILL BRING THEM, and they shall dwell in the midst of Jerusalem: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God, in truth and in righteousness.

And I WILL BRING THEM, and they shall dwell in the midst of Jerusalem:

Yeah, we are not headin for heaven at the 1Cor15 event. We are headin to Jerusalem. The kingdom.

Dec 12, 2013
We will be "caught up" to be where the LORD IS.....

a. Caught UP to where
b. Where is the LORD

In the SKY <----HE comes with the clouds and great glory!

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
Actually, New Jerusalem will be on the new earth, not this current one. AFTER the millennial rule, which does occur on this present earth.

1. We are caught up into heaven for the marriage supper
2. We return with Christ to this earth for 1,000 years
3. We are gathered again at the end of the millennium
4. This creation is destroyed
5. A new heaven and earth are created, and New Jerusalem is established on that new earth
6. We inhabit the new earth, but not all of us will live in New Jerusalem. Most will live in nations outside New Jerusalem

Wall

Mar 13, 2013
Actually, New Jerusalem will be on the new earth, not this current one. AFTER the millennial rule, which does occur on this present earth.

1. We are caught up into heaven for the marriage supper
Still lookin for a scripture that says we are caught up to heaven. Got one?

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
You mean you want to see the word "heaven" otherwise you won't believe it?

1 Thess 4:17 should suffice for any Christian (other than skeptics), but let me show you what you want to see.

And it came to pass, as they still went on, and talked, that, behold,there appeared a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven. (2 Kings 2:11).

So if Elijah went up to Heaven, and the New Jerusalem is in Heaven, what makes you think Christians will not go to Heaven?

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
1 Thes 4:13Brothers and sisters, we do not want you to be uninformed about those who sleep in death, so that you do not grieve like the rest of mankind, who have no hope. 14For we believe that Jesus died and rose again, and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him. 15According to the Lord’s word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. 18Therefore encourage one another with these words.

For starters

preston39

Dec 18, 2017

W...,

A good and interesting question;

...."and together they shall ascend into Heaven"...

This suggest it is with Christ in the first Heaven for the marriage supper.

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015
Hello Wall,

Jesus said the following to His disciples and therefore to all believers:

"My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.

In the scripture above, Jesus told His disciples that His Father's house has many rooms and that He was going there to prepare places for believers. Then He said that he would come back to take us to be with Him so that we can be where He is, which would of course be to the Father's house, which can only be referring to heaven. Therefore, Jesus is going to return and take us to the Father's house which is in heaven.

I Thessalonians 4:13-18 is a detailed account of the promise John 14:1-3, where the Lord comes down to the atmosphere and the dead in Christ are resurrected, with the living being transformed and caught up with them to meet the Lord in the air. At that point the entire church will be assembled, where the Lord will then take the entire group back to the Father's house to those places that He prepared for us.

We also know that the church is in heaven because in Rev.19:6-8, the bride, which is another designation for the church, is seen at the wedding of the Lamb receiving her fine linen. Then in Rev.19:14, we see the bride/church following the Lord out of heaven wearing that same fine linen and riding on white horses, as we follow the Lord out of heaven to the earth to end the age.

In conclusion, once the church has been completed, the Lord will descend to the atmosphere and the dead and living in Christ will be caught up and changed in the twinkling of an eye. And then according to John 14:1-3, He will take us all back to those places that He prepared for us which is in the Father's house, which is in heaven.

Understanding this is just a matter of cross-referencing and comparing scripture.

Lewiz

Mar 11, 2018
Matthew 3:2 (ESV)
[SUP]2 [/SUP] “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.”

[HR][/HR]Matthew 3:17 (ESV)
[SUP]17 [/SUP] and behold, a voice from heaven said, “This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased.”

[HR][/HR]Matthew 4:17 (ESV)
[SUP]17 [/SUP] From that time Jesus began to preach, saying, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.”

[HR][/HR]Matthew 5:3 (ESV)
[SUP]3 [/SUP] “Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

[HR][/HR]Matthew 5:10 (ESV)
[SUP]10 [/SUP] “Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

[HR][/HR]Matthew 5:12 (ESV)
[SUP]12 [/SUP] Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

[HR][/HR]Matthew 5:16 (ESV)
[SUP]16 [/SUP] In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.

[HR][/HR]Matthew 5:19 (ESV)
[SUP]19 [/SUP] Therefore whoever relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever does them and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

[HR][/HR]Matthew 5:20 (ESV)
[SUP]20 [/SUP] For I tell you, unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

[HR][/HR]Matthew 5:45 (ESV)
[SUP]45 [/SUP] so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven. For he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.

[HR][/HR]Matthew 6:1 (ESV)
[SUP]1 [/SUP] “Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven.

[HR][/HR]Matthew 6:9 (ESV)
[SUP]9 [/SUP] Pray then like this: “Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name.

[HR][/HR]Matthew 6:10 (ESV)
[SUP]10 [/SUP] Your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.

[HR][/HR]Matthew 6:20 (ESV)
[SUP]20 [/SUP] but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal.

[HR][/HR]Matthew 7:11 (ESV)
[SUP]11 [/SUP] If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask him!

[HR][/HR]Matthew 7:21 (ESV)
[SUP]21 [/SUP] “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

[HR][/HR]Matthew 8:11 (ESV)
[SUP]11 [/SUP] I tell you, many will come from east and west and recline at table with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven,

[HR][/HR]Matthew 10:7 (ESV)
[SUP]7 [/SUP] And proclaim as you go, saying, ‘The kingdom of heaven is at hand.’

[HR][/HR]Matthew 10:32 (ESV)
[SUP]32 [/SUP] So everyone who acknowledges me before men, I also will acknowledge before my Father who is in heaven,

[HR][/HR]Matthew 10:33 (ESV)
[SUP]33 [/SUP] but whoever denies me before men, I also will deny before my Father who is in heaven.

[HR][/HR]Matthew 11:11 (ESV)
[SUP]11 [/SUP] Truly, I say to you, among those born of women there has arisen no one greater than John the Baptist. Yet the one who is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.

[HR][/HR]Matthew 11:12 (ESV)
[SUP]12 [/SUP] From the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven has suffered violence, and the violent take it by force.

[HR][/HR]Matthew 11:25 (ESV)
[SUP]25 [/SUP] At that time Jesus declared, “I thank you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that you have hidden these things from the wise and understanding and revealed them to little children;

[HR][/HR]Matthew 12:50 (ESV)
[SUP]50 [/SUP] For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother.”

[HR][/HR]Matthew 13:11 (ESV)
[SUP]11 [/SUP] And he answered them, “To you it has been given to know the secrets of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been given.

[HR][/HR]Matthew 13:24 (ESV)
[SUP]24 [/SUP] He put another parable before them, saying, “The kingdom of heaven may be compared to a man who sowed good seed in his field,

[HR][/HR]Matthew 13:31 (ESV)
[SUP]31 [/SUP] He put another parable before them, saying, “The kingdom of heaven is like a grain of mustard seed that a man took and sowed in his field.

[HR][/HR]Matthew 13:33 (ESV)
[SUP]33 [/SUP] He told them another parable. “The kingdom of heaven is like leaven that a woman took and hid in three measures of flour, till it was all leavened.”

[HR][/HR]Matthew 13:44 (ESV)
[SUP]44 [/SUP] “The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field, which a man found and covered up. Then in his joy he goes and sells all that he has and buys that field.

[HR][/HR]Matthew 13:45 (ESV)
[SUP]45 [/SUP] “Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant in search of fine pearls,

[HR][/HR]Matthew 13:47 (ESV)
[SUP]47 [/SUP] “Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a net that was thrown into the sea and gathered fish of every kind.

[HR][/HR]Matthew 13:52 (ESV)
[SUP]52 [/SUP] And he said to them, “Therefore every scribe who has been trained for the kingdom of heaven is like a master of a house, who brings out of his treasure what is new and what is old.”

[HR][/HR]Matthew 16:17 (ESV)
[SUP]17 [/SUP] And Jesus answered him, “Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah! For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my Father who is in heaven.

[HR][/HR]Matthew 16:19 (ESV)
[SUP]19 [/SUP] I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.”

[HR][/HR]Matthew 18:1 (ESV)
[SUP]1 [/SUP] At that time the disciples came to Jesus, saying, “Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?”

[HR][/HR]Matthew 18:3 (ESV)
[SUP]3 [/SUP] and said, “Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

[HR][/HR]Matthew 18:4 (ESV)
[SUP]4 [/SUP] Whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

[HR][/HR]Matthew 18:10 (ESV)
[SUP]10 [/SUP] “See that you do not despise one of these little ones. For I tell you that in heaven their angels always see the face of my Father who is in heaven.

[HR][/HR]Matthew 18:14 (ESV)
[SUP]14 [/SUP] So it is not the will of my Father who is in heaven that one of these little ones should perish.

[HR][/HR]Matthew 18:18 (ESV)
[SUP]18 [/SUP] Truly, I say to you, whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

[HR][/HR]Matthew 18:19 (ESV)
[SUP]19 [/SUP] Again I say to you, if two of you agree on earth about anything they ask, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven.

[HR][/HR]Matthew 18:23 (ESV)
[SUP]23 [/SUP] “Therefore the kingdom of heaven may be compared to a king who wished to settle accounts with his servants.

[HR][/HR]Matthew 19:12 (ESV)
[SUP]12 [/SUP] For there are eunuchs who have been so from birth, and there are eunuchs who have been made eunuchs by men, and there are eunuchs who have made themselves eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. Let the one who is able to receive this receive it.”

[HR][/HR]Matthew 19:14 (ESV)
[SUP]14 [/SUP] but Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven.”

[HR][/HR]Matthew 19:21 (ESV)
[SUP]21 [/SUP] Jesus said to him, “If you would be perfect, go, sell what you possess and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow me.”

[HR][/HR]Matthew 19:23 (ESV)
[SUP]23 [/SUP] And Jesus said to his disciples, “Truly, I say to you, only with difficulty will a rich person enter the kingdom of heaven.

[HR][/HR]Matthew 20:1 (ESV)
[SUP]1 [/SUP] “For the kingdom of heaven is like a master of a house who went out early in the morning to hire laborers for his vineyard.

[HR][/HR]Matthew 21:25 (ESV)
[SUP]25 [/SUP] The baptism of John, from where did it come? From heaven or from man?” And they discussed it among themselves, saying, “If we say, ‘From heaven,’ he will say to us, ‘Why then did you not believe him?’

[HR][/HR]Matthew 22:2 (ESV)
[SUP]2 [/SUP] “The kingdom of heaven may be compared to a king who gave a wedding feast for his son,

[HR][/HR]Matthew 23:9 (ESV)
[SUP]9 [/SUP] And call no man your father on earth, for you have one Father, who is in heaven.

[HR][/HR]Matthew 23:13 (ESV)
[SUP]13 [/SUP] “But woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you shut the kingdom of heaven in people’s faces. For you neither enter yourselves nor allow those who would enter to go in.

[HR][/HR]Matthew 25:1 (ESV)
[SUP]1 [/SUP] “Then the kingdom of heaven will be like ten virgins who took their lamps and went to meet the bridegroom.

[HR][/HR]Matthew 28:18 (ESV)
[SUP]18 [/SUP] And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.

Just a guess, but I'd say we're going to Heaven.:)

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
The dead are asleep. Paul may have said: to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. OK, to close your eyes at night: presto - it is morning. It is the same principal.

Nobody is in heaven yet: John 3:13: "And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven." They are asleep.

Acts 2:29: "Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day."

Acts 2:34, 35: "For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, Until I make thy foes thy footstool."

All the OT patriarchs are mentioned in Heb.11 and none of them have received their reward yet. Heb. 12 is just a reference to Mount Zion which is new Jerusalem, yet future. Heb. 11:40: "God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect." New Jerusalem is being prepared and is coming to earth with the "many mansions" that the father is preparing.

Heaven (the Kingdom of) is coming to earth. Rev. 5:10: "And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth." Rev. 20:6: "Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years."

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
You mean you want to see the word "heaven" otherwise you won't believe it?

1 Thess 4:17 should suffice for any Christian (other than skeptics), but let me show you what you want to see.

And it came to pass, as they still went on, and talked, that, behold,there appeared a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven. (2 Kings 2:11).

So if Elijah went up to Heaven, and the New Jerusalem is in Heaven, what makes you think Christians will not go to Heaven?
Okay, let us examine just where Elijah went in the chariot of fire:

2 Kings 2:11 And it came to pass,H1961 as theyH1992 still went on,H1980 and talked,H1696 that, behold,H2009 there appeared a chariotH7393 of fire,H784 and horsesH5483 of fire,H784 and partedH6504 them bothH8147 asunder;H996 and ElijahH452 went upH5927 by a whirlwindH5591 into heaven.H8064

heaven = H8064
שָׁמֶה שָׁמַיִם
shâmayim shâmeh
shaw-mah'-yim, shaw-meh'
The second form being dual of an unused singular; from an unused root meaning to be lofty; the sky (as aloft; the dual perhaps alluding to the visible arch in which the clouds move, as well as to the higher ether where the celestial bodies revolve): - air, X astrologer, heaven (-s).

It simply means he was taken to the sky. All men have to die once. Enoch and Elijah are dead though not in the normal manner. I stand by John 3:13 - no man is in heaven.

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2018
Applying the method of approach called right division or "rightly dividing the word of truth", is extremely helpful when studying Scripture, in fact it is necessary for the doctrine of God. In the past few years, I have studied out many doctrines I used to believe, doctrines of the theology of my church, as well as looked at doctrines I did not know, using one bible and right division, with the help of God, knowing who I am in Christ and having the love of God.

In the "day of Christ" the catching away is to the judgment seat of Christ, in heavenly places, our vocation and His inheritance, a current dominion reconciled to God... rapture is for the church the body of Christ, those saved in this dispensation, by this ministry, the "ministry of reconciliation", the one new man, the new creature etc.

We have our doctrine, but so few can see it, because theology confuses us.

https://www.biblegateway.com/quicksearch/?quicksearch=heavenly+places&qs_version=KJV