A possible suicide

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

jamie26301

May 14, 2011
When we shout at our children to behave, we still love them, even though we are mad at them!

When I was little I fought with my brother all the time but I still loved him all the same!

Here it's no different - I love you guys (I think!) but that doesn't mean I'm not willing or able to argue a point until I'm blue in the face!
Yes, but what of respect? Isn't that part of love?

K

keshka

Yes, but what of respect? Isn't that part of love?
I'm not sure. If someone told me that my left knee was, in fact, a teapot... then no matter how much I loved them I would not be able to respect their opinion!

Respect people, maybe. Respect opinions, hmmm not always.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Hi all
We've had a million of these 'stop arguing' posts. Rarely does it even slow the arguing down. Well, hopefully this will make a few of you think. A fellow CCer mailed me tonight, announcing that they had decided to commit suicide. Obviously they were having quite a troubled life, and came from a bad past. No one here can be blamed for that, obviously. The problem is, they came to this site depressed, lonely, hurting. What did she find amidst her fellow Christians. Encouragement? No. Did she feel stronger? No. Did she feel closer to God? No. Did she feel valued? No. What did she feel then? Well, let me give you an exact quote... ''god is a ****ing joke and so are a lot of the "Christians" on this board all arguing with each other.'' After going on about what a horrible place we live, how horrible people are, she says ''as for this website, it's just more of the same.''

So, is anyone or all of you to blame for her choice? No, and thats not what i'm saying. What i'm saying is that a person came to this site hurting, in need, needling love, comfort, strength and encouragement. And all she saw on this site was the same thing she saw everywhere else. If she couldn't find the love of God amongst His own followers, because they were too busy bickering, then where could she find it?

Many Christians like to shirk their responsibility in these cases by using the excuse 'look to God, not man'. Well, we are God's Ambassadors, His representatives. We are the ones people look at when they want to find out about God, when they seek God, they may come to us first to learn how. The Great Commission doesn't work if we say 'look to God not man'. The Great Commission is us going out, among the people, living it, breathing it being it, so others can see God IN us. How can we point others to God when we're busy calling names and bickering? People are supposed to look to Christians, so that we as Christians, by our lives, and actions, can point them to God. Not by us denying our responsibility with some cheap cop out.

I'll end my rant here, with a request that this user be prayed for, and in the event they don't take their lives, pray that i can have the right words and attitudes with them.
I hope and pray that I did not say anything to discourage this person, and if I did, please tell her I am so sorry.
That she is in my prayers in Jesus for all that is His healing love, understanding and streangth.
May all that is the delight of Jesus and a steadfast heart be set in her in Jesus.

hugs and God bless
pickles

Aug 2, 2009
So does anyone even care if this poor girl is alive or not?

Ugly...have you heard from her?

J

Jullianna

Not sure he knows, Gabe. :( I asked him to let us know if he heard anything.

N

nanabean

This is all I've been thinking from begining to read this thread!!! Praying she is alive indeed, and that she gets the help she needs in order to not be so close to this decision ever again.

If the "debating" (good word to hide behind) won't stop anywhere else, could it at least stop in this thread?? As for me, I'd love some of the brownie that was offered....but I am praying for this situation first! God bless.

U

Ugly

Last i heard she had changed her mind. When she sent me the original email i wrote her back, and i guess God gave me the right words, as she credited some of what was in the email for changing her mind. Haven't heard from her in a few days, so i suppose i should check on her. She is still very much suffering in many areas of her life and could use continued prayer.

Pickles, she didn't name anyone. Hopefully she reads this thread and sees your post, just in case.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Last i heard she had changed her mind. When she sent me the original email i wrote her back, and i guess God gave me the right words, as she credited some of what was in the email for changing her mind. Haven't heard from her in a few days, so i suppose i should check on her. She is still very much suffering in many areas of her life and could use continued prayer.

Pickles, she didn't name anyone. Hopefully she reads this thread and sees your post, just in case.
I believe I know who she is, please tell her to hold on in faith.
For it is not the perfect person we hope to see in others, but Jesus we will see that brings the
perfect in them.
I pray that Jesus will help her to see His great love for her, and also show how great His love is for others.
My heart and prayers are with her in this time of healing, for it is in our weakest times, that God's power, grace and love is made perfect.
I speak in witness to this, as one that was so broken, the pain so great, I could not even cry out.
Yet in faith, Jesus heard me, and in faith, that His great love was revieled.
Tell her to believe in His great love, even when everything of the world says otherwise.
Believe in the love that Jesus is giving her.
Dont let doubt steal this gift of Jesus from her, Jesus does love her even more than she hopes for!

In Jesus, God bless
pickles