A possibly wild claim: women dominating Christianity?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 21, 2009
The women are the pillars of the church. Most of the men ran away when Jesus was at the cross. The women stayed. Yes more women are in the church.

Yes the men need to be active in the church. They also need to be heads of the house which most are not. They also need to be fathers which lots are not. Even in there in the home.

Whens the last time you seen a man or a woman out in the yard playing with their kids? TV rules the house.

Sharp

May 5, 2009
I just found this thread and realised it was really good.

J

jimsun

Please bear with me, folks, if I don't make sense @ times - That's the outcome of the brain injury I'm afraid!
Afraid I don't understand where this radio guy is coming from - although I accept I was brought up High Church of Ireland & am now in the UK But I don't think I'd dare telling my Curate about the radio broadcast conclusions without her thumping me!
My Church is split right down the middle, 'though to be honest I never truly noticed until I read your posts. Surely it matters not who is sitting in the pew next to you as long as you're both there for the right reasons?
J.

Feb 16, 2011
I was listening to my local Christian radio, and a paster got wildly passionate about the fact that the missions and church attendence are mostly women.

He claimed that women are the gender that care enough about God to show up to church and do missions. He claimed the ratio of women-to-men was asounding. I tried to look online for any such report or statistic but couldn't find it.

He urged the male gender to find their spiritual backbone and follow Christ. He isn't saying men don't do these things at all, just that its so shameful to find that there are vast numbers of men turning against God and women have esencially taken over for their laziness/unbelief.

Are women by nature more spiritual then the average man? Can anyone find evidence of this? I know from experience that women around my area tend to outnumber the men in church by numbers.

As for who this pastor was, it was 8am and I barily function at that hour...I believe it was John McArther but I can't say for sure.
Biblically it is absord to say one sex is more spiritual than the other. If it was that way because of how God made women, it would be that way because of the way God made it, so I don't see where men would be in any trouble for how God made it. It is theoretically an error to say "God made it that way" and to say "it is wrong". That's the error in the radio preachers speech. If women are made so much better and more spiritual than it's no one's fault.
P.S. I am not saying women are created more spiritual just that if they were there is nothing you can do about it.

R

rainacorn

Options:

1. Become a more involved member in your church and work your way into being influential. Assert that influence to make positive changes.
2. Find a different church and then do #1.

3. There is no number 3.

Matthew4Jesus

May 7, 2011
Options:

1. Become a more involved member in your church and work your way into being influential. Assert that influence to make positive changes.
2. Find a different church and then do #1.

3. There is no number 3.
Oh Rainacorn... I get rather cheery reading some of the stuff you write!:L