A prayer for my friend

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Angela_s

Nov 21, 2017
Hi. I feel so sorry for ask this.
This prayer request may seem not so important, but for me and my friend it is.
My friend feels really ugly and she thinks she will never find a guy who will like her.
She is still pretty young, so it's likely to have such thoughts, but I would be so glad if you'd pray for her so that she will feel less ugly and less "weird". Thanks you so much!

Violet24

Apr 14, 2015
Lord Jesus, I lift up Angela_s friend to you in prayer.... Lord, may you begin ministering truth within her spirit. May Your loving presence show Angela's friend that true beauty comes from within, and her identity is already a settled matter in heaven. In Psalms 139, its says that our Lord is intimately acquainted with all our ways, as You Lord already know the deepest longings of our hearts. You see all the insecurities, worries & doubts that we all often face on our journey through life, but there security, hope & peace in Your Lord. Scripture says apart from You, we fall short. So I pray Lord that Angela's friend would begin to abide in You daily, as this is where seeds of truth & hope begin to grow, when our hearts are surrendered to You. May she begin to know in her heart how much she is loved. Renew her mind & may she receive all the blessings that you have planned for her life! In Jesus name!

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
My friend feels really ugly and she thinks she will never find a guy who will like her.
She is still pretty young, so it's likely to have such thoughts, but I would be so glad if you'd pray for her so that she will feel less ugly and less "weird". Thanks you so much!
Prov 23:7 'as you think in your heart so you are', your friend needs to read like Scriptures. What she feels inside will show on the outside and thinking oneself ugly is not of God, there's His beauty in all of us, we just need to find it. Happy New Year!

levi85

Jul 2, 2013
Lord we pray for Angela_s' friend, please give your understanding , bless with a God fearing and loving and caring husband and bless her life. Lord let her know you created her and she is beautiful. Lord bless this prayer and friend mentioned. In Jesus gracious name, Amen!

EmilyFoster

Jul 10, 2018
I’m so sorry your friend feels this way, Angela. You are to be commended for your desire to seek prayer for her, and I realize how important this is for you both. I’m praying, asking God to surround her with His infinite love, provide the encouragement and guidance she needs at this time.

Also, we live in an image-conscious society, and it’s easy to get the idea that our value as a person is dependent upon our hairstyle, weight, height, complexion, the clothes we wear, and other external features. That’s one of the reasons why so many girls and women – from the very young to the elderly – have concerns about their appearance. Yet, this is completely false.

As Christians, we need to remember that our worth is based on the fact that God created us in His own image (Genesis 1:27). This will always be true regardless of how we see ourselves when we look in the mirror, and no matter what others say or think about us. It might be helpful to encourage her to reflect on the following Scripture passages:

“For I know the plans that I have for you,’ declares the Lord, ‘plans for good and not for evil to give you a future and a hope” (Jeremiah 29:11).
“…God sees not as man sees, for man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart” (1 Samuel 16:7).
“For you formed my inward parts; You wove me in my mother’s womb. I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made” (Psalm 139:13-14).

Nov 22, 2018
Prov 23:7 'as you think in your heart so you are', your friend needs to read like Scriptures. What she feels inside will show on the outside and thinking oneself ugly is not of God, there's His beauty in all of us, we just need to find it. Happy New Year![/QUOTE]

Hi Angela. First of all i would like to tell you that no prayer request is insignificant. A praying friend is a good friend, special those that intercede for us. I have two scripture that I would like you to share with your friend If you do not mind. Proverbs chapter 31:30 and Psalms chapter 37:23. We do not need beauty to attract a good man, if we need beauty to attract a man then we are not attracting the right man for us. What we need is anointing, wisdom and knowledge. What we need is Go to attract a good man.