A question about lawyers

  • Thread starter Thread starter Depleted
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
D

Depleted

Guest
What type of lawyer do I look for when a hospital neglects a patient's needs?

It's not malpractice, (I think), because the doctors didn't screw up in huge ways. But the patient wasn't turned in bed often enough so developed the worse kind of bedsore possible -- the type that goes into the bone.

So what kind of lawyer do I need?
 
Get one who specializes in hospital neglect cases, and make sure he or she really know their stuff.. The things John has gone through are atrocious, to say the least. The communication between doctors and nurses is ridiculous, and it's neglectful to not let YOU know what's going on and when. Doctors, nurses, rehab all need to get coordinated and keep in contact with each other as well as you. It's not normal for a heart attack victim to get this debilitated, or lose 90 pounds or develop horrible bedsores. They've done nothing but hurt John more than they're helping him.
 
I'm so sorry that has happened to you hubby Depleted. I am shocked that a hospital can let that happen in this time and age. They are supposed to turn the patient at least 3 times a day. I don't know who to contact about it unfortunately.
 
I'm so sorry that has happened to you hubby Depleted. I am shocked that a hospital can let that happen in this time and age. They are supposed to turn the patient at least 3 times a day. I don't know who to contact about it unfortunately.
Actually, 12 times a day. His wall board said "every two hours."
 
If you're still unsure of what to do, call a firm and ask. My mom had a case where she didn't know what to do at all and the firm was very helpful. It could have been small town nice, but whatever; she got who she needed.
 
Hey! We big city folk can be nice too.

girl-poking-out-tongue-smiley-emoticon.gif


See?
 
My wife is currently undergoing chemo for breast cancer. One more month and she will be done. When she had it the first time, the doctor did not remove all the cancerous tissue If he had gotten it all the first time that she would not have to be going through this again. I think she may have cause for a malpractice suit.