A Question about The Feasts

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I'm not a member either
Sorry for laughing... a donation to the site is required for PM privileges unless you have been
"grandfathered in" which means you joined before the platform change in May of 2018
.:)

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Sorry for laughing... a donation to the site is required for PM privileges unless you have been
"grandfathered in" which means you joined before the platform change in May of 2018
.:)
I've made donations at various times. I've never attempted to message someone who didn't first message me.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I've made donations at various times. I've never attempted to message someone who didn't first message me.
I see... well, you should be able to, but if you try and find that you cannot, contact Robo to activate it for you .:)

You could have the "title" under your user name changed as well .;):D

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
I see... well, you should be able to, but if you try and find that you cannot, contact Robo to activate it for you .:)

You could change the "title" under your user name as well .;):D
I'd rather be well-known than called Senior.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Yes they did get kicked to the curb in 70 AD... their temple destroyed and blood poured onto the streets.
You who??????? Until when?????

Isa 11:11
And it shall come to pass in that day, that the Lord shall set his hand again the second time to recover the remnant of his people, which shall be left, from Assyria, and from Egypt, and from Pathros, and from Cush, and from Elam, and from Shinar, and from Hamath, and from the islands of the sea.
Isa 11:12
And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth.

Luk 13:35
Behold, your house is left unto you desolate: and verily I say unto you, Ye shall not see me, until the time come when ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

Act 3:21
“whom heaven must receive until the times of restoration of all things, which God has spoken by the mouth of all His holy prophets since the world began.

Luk 21:24
“And they will fall by the edge of the sword, and be led away captive into all nations. And Jerusalem will be trampled by Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled.

Luk 22:16
“for I say to you, I will no longer eat of it until it is fulfilled in the kingdom of God.”

Mar 14:25
Verily I say unto you, I will drink no more of the fruit of the vine, until that day that I drink it new in the kingdom of God.

Eze 36:22
Therefore say unto the house of Israel, Thus saith the Lord GOD; I do not this for your sakes, O house of Israel, but for mine holy name's sake, which ye have profaned among the heathen, whither ye went.
Eze 36:23
And I will sanctify my great name, which was profaned among the heathen, which ye have profaned in the midst of them; and the heathen shall know that I am the LORD, saith the Lord GOD, when I shall be sanctified in you before their eyes.
Eze 36:24
For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land.
Eze 36:25
Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.
Eze 36:26
A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
Eze 36:27
And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.
Eze 36:28
And ye shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be my people, and I will be your God.

Eze 20:33
As I live, saith the Lord GOD, surely with a mighty hand, and with a stretched out arm, and with fury poured out, will I rule over you:
Eze 20:34
And I will bring you out from the people, and will gather you out of the countries wherein ye are scattered, with a mighty hand, and with a stretched out arm, and with fury poured out.

Isa 27:12
And it shall come to pass in that day, that the LORD shall beat off from the channel of the river unto the stream of Egypt, and ye shall be gathered one by one, O ye children of Israel.
Isa 27:13
And it shall come to pass in that day, that the great trumpet shall be blown, and they shall come which were ready to perish in the land of Assyria, and the outcasts in the land of Egypt, and shall worship the LORD in the holy mount at Jerusalem.

Hos 5:14
For I will be unto Ephraim as a lion, and as a young lion to the house of Judah: I, even I, will tear and go away; I will take away, and none shall rescue him.
Hos 5:15
I will go and return to my place, till they acknowledge their offence, and seek my face: in their affliction they will seek me early.

Hos 6:1
Come, and let us return unto the LORD: for he hath torn, and he will heal us; he hath smitten, and he will bind us up.
Hos 6:2
After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight.

SpeakTruth101

Aug 14, 2023
az
You who??????? Until when?????

Isa 11:11
And it shall come to pass in that day, that the Lord shall set his hand again the second time to recover the remnant of his people, which shall be left, from Assyria, and from Egypt, and from Pathros, and from Cush, and from Elam, and from Shinar, and from Hamath, and from the islands of the sea.
Isa 11:12
And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth.

Luk 13:35
Behold, your house is left unto you desolate: and verily I say unto you, Ye shall not see me, until the time come when ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

Act 3:21
“whom heaven must receive until the times of restoration of all things, which God has spoken by the mouth of all His holy prophets since the world began.

Luk 21:24
“And they will fall by the edge of the sword, and be led away captive into all nations. And Jerusalem will be trampled by Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled.

Luk 22:16
“for I say to you, I will no longer eat of it until it is fulfilled in the kingdom of God.”

Mar 14:25
Verily I say unto you, I will drink no more of the fruit of the vine, until that day that I drink it new in the kingdom of God.

Eze 36:22
Therefore say unto the house of Israel, Thus saith the Lord GOD; I do not this for your sakes, O house of Israel, but for mine holy name's sake, which ye have profaned among the heathen, whither ye went.
Eze 36:23
And I will sanctify my great name, which was profaned among the heathen, which ye have profaned in the midst of them; and the heathen shall know that I am the LORD, saith the Lord GOD, when I shall be sanctified in you before their eyes.
Eze 36:24
For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land.
Eze 36:25
Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.
Eze 36:26
A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
Eze 36:27
And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.
Eze 36:28
And ye shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be my people, and I will be your God.

Eze 20:33
As I live, saith the Lord GOD, surely with a mighty hand, and with a stretched out arm, and with fury poured out, will I rule over you:
Eze 20:34
And I will bring you out from the people, and will gather you out of the countries wherein ye are scattered, with a mighty hand, and with a stretched out arm, and with fury poured out.

Isa 27:12
And it shall come to pass in that day, that the LORD shall beat off from the channel of the river unto the stream of Egypt, and ye shall be gathered one by one, O ye children of Israel.
Isa 27:13
And it shall come to pass in that day, that the great trumpet shall be blown, and they shall come which were ready to perish in the land of Assyria, and the outcasts in the land of Egypt, and shall worship the LORD in the holy mount at Jerusalem.

Hos 5:14
For I will be unto Ephraim as a lion, and as a young lion to the house of Judah: I, even I, will tear and go away; I will take away, and none shall rescue him.
Hos 5:15
I will go and return to my place, till they acknowledge their offence, and seek my face: in their affliction they will seek me early.

Hos 6:1
Come, and let us return unto the LORD: for he hath torn, and he will heal us; he hath smitten, and he will bind us up.
Hos 6:2
After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight.
Nice post

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
This is a point that is very important and poorly understood. We are under the new covenant. The old covenant was fulfilled by Christ. It no longer exists. Thus, everything that was part of that covenant is accomplished. This is the starting point to understanding the new covenant.
Thus, believing something in the old covenant is yet to come is poor doctrine and is the cause of poor eschatology.
That is not what Christ told us. Christ said: Matt. 5:17 Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

The law and prophets in the OT were written in stone, not in the spirit. The law was given in fleshly symbols, but the new covenant explained those symbols and the law was put in our hearts in the new covenant. We no longer need the symbols, the spiritual reality is here.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
That is not what Christ told us. Christ said: Matt. 5:17 Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

The law and prophets in the OT were written in stone, not in the spirit. The law was given in fleshly symbols, but the new covenant explained those symbols and the law was put in our hearts in the new covenant. We no longer need the symbols, the spiritual reality is here.
He didn't just fulfill them for Himself. He fulfilled them for you too. That's why Paul said we are dead to the law.
We don't get up each day and try to keep the commandments. We get up each day seeking His kingdom and His righteousness. Thereby, we walk in the Spirit. As we walk in the Spirit, we will not fulfill the lusts of the flesh.
I think most Christians are still relating to God on the basis of the law and not through the Spirit.

rstrats

Aug 28, 2011
I believe they [the feasts] are meant for all generations, but now will have different manifestations. .
In fact, Zachariah 16 prophesizes the observance of the Feast of Tabernacles during the end times when the Messiah returns to earth. Doesn't seem to make a lot of sense if it was abolished at the cross.