A question for the boys..

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

leelee

Sep 5, 2011
I was out with some people from church on sunday night and a few of us got chatting about what we want in an other half, we had 5 questions but they are not important the thing that surprised me is that one of the guys basically said he wanted a feisty girl who would stand up to him and challenge him if she thought he was wrong. I didn't think that is what guys wanted and wondered what you all thought?

C

Crossfire

I was out with some people from church on sunday night and a few of us got chatting about what we want in an other half, we had 5 questions but they are not important the thing that surprised me is that one of the guys basically said he wanted a feisty girl who would stand up to him and challenge him if she thought he was wrong. I didn't think that is what guys wanted and wondered what you all thought?

That would depend on your definition of feisty. All guys like a girl that they can pick around and joke with, be it on a intellectual / verbal level. However, few guys like a loud and obnoxious woman who throws a temper tantrum every time her opinion is questioned or she doesn't get her way.

I adore intelligent women. However, a truly intelligent woman (or man for that matter) knows when to speak and when not to.

Hope this helps! :)

S

SpaceCowboy

Yeah I can't see anyone wanting an obnoxious women who don't listen and is overly emotional. I think it's important that a women has a good balence of being supportive and hepful and also strongwilled and can stand on her own two feet. So like being a helper out of her own will, and not so much because of her inability to contribute to the plan or to whats going on. I don't think a women should be totally quiet and submissive ALL the time. I think the women has an obligation to express her side and concerns and play an active role in getting things done.

leelee

Sep 5, 2011
i personally wouldn't consider someone throwing tantrums to be feisty, id consider them spoilt. I think he meant someone who wouldn't always just go along with what he said because he said it, someone who if they disagreed would tell him and tell him why, not in a horrible way though.

shawntc

May 7, 2010
What do I look for in the opposite gender?

1. Faith. She has to be a devout believer. I won't date non-believers so as to not be unequally yoked.
2. Intelligence. I'm by most definitions a genius and intellectual. I need someone who can keep up with me mentally. I'm a deep thinker and I want someone I can share my thoughts with.
3. Self-controlled. Specifically, someone who isn't strongly influenced/controlled by their feelings. Intense emotion is something that I have little patience for.
4. Passion. I constantly strive to improve myself and I'd like somebody who, instead of being content with doing just enough to get by in life, has some passion in their life that they pursue. For instance my main passions are apologetics, programming, and writing. These are things I love doing.
5. Beauty. From a previous relationship I've realized that physical appearance is more important than I thought. I couldn't say my ex-girlfriend was beautiful because I just didn't find her beautiful (as horrible as that sounds). She needs to be aesthetically pleasing to look at. Not necessarily fashion model drop-dead gorgeous, obviously. But good looking.

Aug 2, 2009
If he can find a woman who is fiesty and isn't pushy and bossy too, then more power to him.

MrHonest

Jan 22, 2012
Yup. Feisty, I imagine, as being a strong willed woman with a voice. Not at all to be racist but to use as an example: My brother & I both agree that a trait a lot of black women noticeably have is that they can be boisterous & that, in a controlled personality, is a great trait.

But it could also mean quip, good humor, & positive. So feisty is a general term, because, what could you mean!? :D

Jul 25, 2005
Without knowledge of relational context, I'd say he was either knowingly or unknowingly trying to score points.

leelee

Sep 5, 2011
^ you could be right there, both the girls in the conversation could possibly be considered feisty, I was one of them and we are both leaders and not exactly shrinking violets lol

J

jimmydiggs

If she is a feminazi, no way would I ever get involved with that in any relationship more than being friends.

U

Ugly

I always find it funny when people make generalizations about gender. As if all men, or all women, think the same on any one topic. Of course there are things that are more common, but even then its not safe to generalize it to all of that gender. Its not true all men are chest thumping, sports addicted macho cavemen. Neither is it true all women are shop crazy, don't want to break a fingernail gossip hounds. Some are, and some aren't. That simple.

S

Sunflower90

Well, it could simply be that his mother acts that way...and we generally seem to seek spouses that remind us of our parents (whether consciously or not.)

I think most men like girls a little bit sassy…as long as they keep it classy. ;)

Sorry for answering...I know you wanted the boy's opinions. If it helps I have four brothers and millions of male cousins? Ha ha

H

HerrGeschichte

Honestly, for me, it's not about challenging me when I am wrong, it's about speaking her mind without hesitation on what I might say. If I am so sensitive as to be hurt by what she says, either I am being stupid about it, or it was a SERIOUS insult.

Aug 2, 2009
Well, it could simply be that his mother acts that way...and we generally seem to seek spouses that remind us of our parents (whether consciously or not.)

I think most men like girls a little bit sassy…as long as they keep it classy. ;)

Sorry for answering...I know you wanted the boy's opinions. If it helps I have four brothers and millions of male cousins? Ha ha
I actually agree with all that.

Stuey

Aug 17, 2009
I think it's good for a girl to stand up when they are right, there are ways to do this though. One is nasty, vengeful and full of pride, the other is with humility and patience.

And Sunflower, Heck no! I do not want me marry anyone who is remotely like my mother. :p

In fact if I sense anything that is remotely similar to her rt really freaks me out and turns me completely off the girl. :D

J

Jullianna

^I like this :D^

Liamson

Feb 3, 2010
1. I would say a determination to fulfill the will of God. A faith that doesn't get defeated at the first sign of opposition. A faith that says no matter if I will get up and I will take up my cross and press on. The will of my Father in heaven should mean the world to her, whether she is in the mood or not. Whether She can "feel" it or not.

2. Unwaivering faithfulness, I'm not talking about to cheat or not to cheat. I'm talking about holding up one's own side of a relationship. Being Loyal and willing to preserve a relationship rather than say whatever happens, happens. To be or not to be is a choice, not a question. It takes grit and will, even when we do not "feel" it. It takes work and sacrifice, even when there is no reward.

3. Courage, the courage that takes on challenges and is not threatened by the size of whatever is in front of it. Like the Spies that saw the promised land 10 of them were afraid because of the "Giants" they did not obey because they took no Courage in the promises of God. A Christians real courage comes from being bold in God about the purpose of our lives. It stands in the face of evil and does not blink. It turns the other cheek. It forgives trespasses and does not back down in the face of Satan's deceptions.

4. Trust. The kind of trust that happens when the true purpose of the relationship is realized. When two people see the goal of serving the Lord and understand that it is the highest aim and most desirable outcome of being in a relationship together, they trust God in each other's heart and actions. When two people can see the fruit of each other's relationship with God, trust is easy. Knowing that they themselves are second to God in the relationship is the foundation of good trust. Putting the things of God ahead of her feelings is a priority in any woman I meet.

5. Love, Love is an ability and a choice made out of Courage, it believes all things it hopes all things, it even endures all things. It is quick to forgive and holds no record of wrongs. It is patient and kind and it never fails. Love is not a soft general wish of well being for someone. Love is an unselfish motivator that seeks to overcome all challenges that face the object of its intentions and its affections. Love does not give up or back down. It has not the capacity to seek for its own well being. It takes everything and some people do not have the capacity to love. She must, even if it is not for my sake but her own.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
I do think that most emotionally and spiritually healthy men want a woman who will submit as unto the Lord, but without being a subservient doormat. A woman with enough sand to speak her mind (in love and respect) is appealing. In my opinion there is a fine line between that spunky mindspeaking and being a domineering "I wear the pants in the family" woman though. It took my folks 20+ years to find that balance. ;)