A question for the men

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sep 13, 2015
So, you know in movies/TV, when the lead male character spots a pretty girl in a crowded place, and even though there's plenty of other lovely ladies around, something about this particular woman has him totally enamoured, like she's the most beautiful person he's ever seen, and he just HAS to talk to her?

Is that actually a thing? Have any of you ever experienced something like this before?
Perhaps this is a very silly question, but I'm really quite curious :LOL:

Apr 3, 2020
Interesting question. Are you asking because you do not have human emotions?

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
Interesting question. Are you asking because you do not have human emotions?
I had to laugh.

Totally agree with your sentiment, but I have learned to let people have their million marriage and relationship topics in the singles forum. Even if you some how were able to marry off everyone in the forum (that wanted to get married), a whole new batch of singles would come in and start the same topics.

As I have matured or aged, I finally realized that relationships are a war zone, and I'm on a peace keeping mission. So, I don't care how attractive the lady at the post office is, it ain't happening. lol.

Silence is golden and being single is money.

Mariah, we need a singles anthem song. Not falling for this stuff any more.

LightBright

Mar 18, 2017
Probably not? Idk ther haven't been a ton of times I've seen a crowd of chicks or sum. Plus why would some chick stand out that much when you know nothing about her she's just a random person at that point, ig I've seen really pretty people before but eh dun know nothing bout them and honestly at this point if they are some random person they probably aren't Christian lol. And if they are super pretty probably kinda stuck up or something like that at least in my experience anyways Ofc that's not everyone but just seeing a cute lady usually isn't a reason to talk to them for me at least.

Aug 2, 2009
So, you know in movies/TV, when the lead male character spots a pretty girl in a crowded place, and even though there's plenty of other lovely ladies around, something about this particular woman has him totally enamoured, like she's the most beautiful person he's ever seen, and he just HAS to talk to her?

Is that actually a thing? Have any of you ever experienced something like this before?
My freinds and I used to go clubbing in the 80's (it was very popular back then) and it did happen sometimes. :ROFL: There's no chance of it ever happening again though, for me at least.

JustEli

Dec 23, 2018
Yes, it happens. Has happened to me more than once. And was a mutual connection, some women I dated started that
way. And one of them I am friends with to this day.
And often happens still. That look, a moment, an understanding. But my days of youthful indiscretion have come to
an end. And I let the moment pass, with just a look.

LightBright

Mar 18, 2017
Im sure plenty of men have given you the tingles. Its kind of exciting meeting someone your attracted to. Im not trying to flame your post. Its gone down a lot since every woman i see is wearing a mask:(
Thats the best part about a mask man i can cover up the ugly xD

LightBright

Mar 18, 2017
They'll be like oooooh his eyes are hawttttt yea girl but i dun want you to get covid we should wesr these 24/7

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
Your question evinces a lack of feeling... :oops:
I had to google the word, evinces. Thank you for that!

Who uses the word evinces? Probably someone with tons of feelings and artistic tendencies.

You are probably the next, Élisabeth Louise Vigée Le Brun. :)

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013

yes, and we still love each other 30 years later, and even though she is outwardly beautiful it wasn't because of that, but something about the way she composed herself, the light in her eyes and the grace in her comport, i saw immediately as an inward beauty she possessed, that i have never ceased to admire.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Thats the best part about a mask man i can cover up the ugly xD
i dunno about *best* --- i have discovered that ((if they're the cloth, homemade kind)) they keep your nose warm on cold mornings :giggle:

S

Scribe

Only when she looks at him in a way that communicates that she is thinking the same thing. Then the fantasies from the movies take over and he acts on it, walking across the room, hopeing his voice does not squeak when he speaks, he greets her....
Only to find out that she was looking at the girl behind him. :eek::confused::cautious::(
...people are sick. Life is nothing like the movies.

Seriously, in answer to your question, I am a man, and in my opinion I would think that there can be something about someone that stands out like a lighthouse.

What that would look like? How would I describe what that woman would be like?

A bright, happy, smiling, laughter, demeanor. A look that says they want to be greeted. More than one glance that says "what are you waiting for, come meet me"

Then the man's fantasies take over and he will tunnel vision, thinking "she might be the one" and "I will be telling this story at our wedding" as his feet move him across the room. Yes, I can see that. It is probably a thing.

Never happened to me that I can remember. So on second thought, it's probably just a fantasy from the movies. :(

I hoped that helped.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I had to google the word, evinces. Thank you for that!

Who uses the word evinces? Probably someone with tons of feelings and artistic tendencies.

You are probably the next, Élisabeth Louise Vigée Le Brun. :)
Now I have to use a search engine :unsure::giggle::giggle::giggle:

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
yes, and we still love each other 30 years later, and even though she is outwardly beautiful it wasn't because of that, but something about the way she composed herself, the light in her eyes and the grace in her comport, i saw immediately as an inward beauty she possessed, that i have never ceased to admire.
Note to self..... Beauty, lightning in eyes, personality, and a woman's soul are general entrapments to marriage.

1606077726326.jpeg

On a serious note, your post evinces feelings, and even a positive aspect of marriage. Which I find completely disturbing (joking).

up

Banned
Oct 8, 2019
😋

😊

17Bees

Oct 14, 2016

Yeah it happens. Sometimes successfully. Just beware - crushes are natures dirty little trick to ensure continuation of the species.