A question posed

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

cheesemonkeys

Ok here's the deal, how would you all handle a firiends sudden decision to no longer follow God, and really a claim, a rather transparent claim to no longer Believe in God?

T

Theocracy

God gives us all a choice and if a friend of mine decided that he/she doesnt believe in god anymore that is their choice. I would do my best to try and figure out why the change, ask questions, talk to my friend. Something could of gone wrong in their life, a prayer wasnt answered or my friend no longer felt God. My friend could be depressed, spiritually empty....something caused my friend to go from believing in God and to becoming a non believer. I would still be their friend, but I would be sad. I would try to bring them back to God, but I would not be in their face, pushy because that will cause them to back away further.

C

cheesemonkeys

Thank you! I reallly appreciate your response!

grace

Sep 8, 2006
wow.....there must be something deeper going on. It must be unique to them as to why this decision has come about. I woudl start there...and just be a prayerful friend for them.

That is a tough one.

Aug 25, 2009
my friends religious preferences would be none of my business.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
I have a few friends that have chosen different routes other than Jesus. I continue to be their friend and witness with my walk with Jesus. I dont push but I still share when somthing good occurs in my faith or when Jesus helps me through a tough time. My hope is that by example they will believe again. God bless, pickles

N

neonpinkpenguin

I have had this same experience. A friend decided that she no longer believed in Christianity. She felt that it had never helped her before and had bad experiences with other Christians. I have done the same as Pickles, I still witness to her, let her know that I am praying for her and don't try to push. Whenever I spend time with her I pray before I meet up with her that God gives me an opportunity to share His love and that I can be an example.