A Question Thread.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 19, 2020
Sitejabber.com reviews of this forum 🤗
Incomprehensible lunancy
May 25th, 2020
Hi.
This site is nothing more than a money making scheme.
It is filled with doctrines they claim they are against in their guidlines yet they promote and keep those who hold to said views while banning others.
Some wonderful God believing ppl are in the forums,then there are those who enjoy antagonizing others,name calling,belittling,even to the point of calling others satantic and of the devil.
You can join for free but this site will shipwreck you faith,and break you down spiritually!
May God forgive and may this site in the name of "Christian" be closed down and prosecuted by the law!

I did think that at the beginning......I like it here because it’s not over moderated.

I admit you need to have strong faith to stand up against the enemy..who is definitely causing discord on some threads.

Personally I am learning and growing from the experience of this forum.

So thank God for it being here.

God keeps me safe ....I have security in him and I know it.

L

lenna

The person in question was not just guilty of fornication... This person was having sexual relations with his mother..

1 Corinthians 5: KJV
1 "It is reported commonly that there is fornication among you, and such fornication as is not so much as named among the Gentiles, that one should have his father’s wife. {2} And ye are puffed up, and have not rather mourned, that he that hath done this deed might be taken away from among you. {3} For I verily, as absent in body, but present in spirit, have judged already, as though I were present, concerning him that hath so done this deed, {4} In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ, {5} To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus."
Notice it states his father's wife and not his mother. The woman was not his actual mother; that would be called incest. The text does not state what you imply. You are forcing a conclusion that is your own and not what is meant.

E

EleventhHour

Notice it states his father's wife and not his mother. The woman was not his actual mother; that would be called incest. The text does not state what you imply. You are forcing a conclusion that is your own and not what is meant.
Agree... Paul would have just stated "mother"... seems weird to say "father's wife" if it was in fact the person's mother.

R

Reformyourself

No I don’t believe that....a born again can never lose their salvation....my belief and it’s not up for debate.
Each to their own 😐

May 19, 2020
Fruit of the Spirit?....explain please.

Dec 12, 2013
How can a born again not know that they are born again.?

When God resides in their spirit......I find that hard to understand?

He also resides there never to leave...why do some people fight against that?

God has never left my heart and never will.....but on saying that as a new babe...I did think he would leave if I didn’t behave.....
Must be to do with growing in faith...I think I may have answered one of the questions...dooooooh.

This is where one needs to read the Bible to confirm he will never leave us....which I never did.
These things are written that you may KNOW <--John said this....We can read, understand and know....that is why the bible state...

Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God.

Any and all truth that can be gleaned from the bible is based upon reading it with understanding, believing it (faith) and embracing it.

Like on salvation...

It pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that BELIEVE.

But....it does matter WHAT we believe because as James and Galatians show....

a. A mere belief in God will not cut the proverbial mustard.

b. And blending FAITH and WORKS to finish, top off, embellish, complete salvation will not cut the mustard either and is even called a double cursed false gospel of a DIFFERENT kind with no power to save.

Hence the PLENTEOUS in number that come before the throne CLAIMING Jesus as LORD and fully expecting to enter based upon....

LORD LORD have we NOT DONE

Their emphasis is upon them, what they have done and NOT WHAT CHRIST HAS DONE.

All glory goes to Jesus the Christ, the only begotten Son of God and also the Son of Man!

S

Scribe

I have many questions to ask and thought this a good place to start asking.

First question...what does handing someone over for the destruction of their flesh mean?...thank you.
I am not sure if you got your question answered.

He was simply saying to kick the person sleeping with his step mother out of the church with the intention that the backslidden life would bring him to his knees in repentance.
The destruction of the flesh that comes from yielding to the flesh and the consequences of sin is a rough life. Satan is a hard task master as most of us can attest.
The way of the transgressor is HARD.
It is commonly believed that in 2 corinthians he is talking about the same man being received back into the fold because of repentance and a change of life style.

S

Scribe

Funkus

May 20, 2020
A third possibility is it wasn't his mother or step-mother but the leader of a church may be called the 'father' of the church, as Paul says he wishes to become a father to them (perhaps replacing the previous one!). So the guy was sleeping with the pastor's wife and that was the problem. Of course, the wife may have been separated or divorced with the husband still living, hence the issue and why Paul talks of divorce in his letters to them. That Paul compares this to being worse than pagans may only reflect the views of pagan religions in his day which could be quite morally conservative not general debauchery itself! This is my suspicion anyway as incest seems incredulous and sleeping with a mother in law not much more believable.

May 19, 2020
I know what sin is.....but we’ve been set free from it.

I get confused in this area......for a very long time I argued with my neighbors.....over my car space that is on my deeds,allocated to me.

They ended up getting nasty and Started to verbally abuse me......so I did the same back to them.....screaming and shouting I was...the police were called.

They kept parking in my car space.......the way I reacted was it a SIN?

Blue_Of_Lake

Jun 12, 2020
I know what sin is.....but we’ve been set free from it.

I get confused in this area......for a very long time I argued with my neighbors.....over my car space that is on my deeds,allocated to me.

They ended up getting nasty and Started to verbally abuse me......so I did the same back to them.....screaming and shouting I was...the police were called.

They kept parking in my car space.......the way I reacted was it a SIN?

i cannot judge it exactly because i do not know how God would judge you but i believe the Bible says not to be angry with your brother and not to call him a fool.

and there is this verse:

1 Thessalonians 5:15

“See that none render evil for evil unto any man; but ever follow that which is good, both among yourselves, and to all men.”

May 19, 2020
God recognises his own children.

He does not recognise those who are still in sin/darkness?

They are not his children?

They came from God....but they are not his child?

Prycejosh1987

Jul 19, 2020
I have many questions to ask and thought this a good place to start asking.

First question...what does handing someone over for the destruction of their flesh mean?...thank you.
If means when someone, wants to please the flesh more than God, start absorbing the negativity of the devil and God just gives them over to his will, which starts to match up with the person's will. God gives them over so they can see failures and the need to develop a relationship with God again. It works with some, sometimes and doesnt with others, other times. When someone pleases the flesh they forget about God and stop seeing his will as important, so the devil takes over. God said my spirit shall not strive with man in all the days of his life.