A Question

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Seeker47

Well-known member
Aug 7, 2018
1,672
1,467
113
Does anyone else have an issue with the term "Fur Babies"...

...or am I in left field without a mitt again?
 
  • Like
Reactions: MsMediator
I just roll my eyes and move on. They aren't the kind of people I prefer to talk to, but anthropomorphizing their pets doesn't hurt me any, so I don't mess with it.
 
I understand, but isn't the other side of anthropomorphizing their pets dehumanizing children....
 
I understand, but isn't the other side of anthropomorphizing their pets dehumanizing children....
Yes, the other side of calling dogs fur babies is acting like your human children are an inconvenience and trial to you.

But when they start spending thousands and going into debt for cancer treatments for a dog, that is still something I would not do.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Seeker47
Does anyone else have an issue with the term "Fur Babies"...

...or am I in left field without a mitt again?


Ok, I am this many years old learning that that is the end of that saying. lol I'm stunned, seriously, how did I never heard that until today? smh

I've had dogs all my life, never called them fur babies. But since I have no children I can get pretty attached to my dogs. My little white dog passed early this year and I was devastated, I still can't talk about it. She's buried in my backyard where I have started a garden in her memory.
 
Does anyone else have an issue with the term "Fur Babies"...

...or am I in left field without a mitt again?
Maybe some women like hairy babies but didn't have the Esau gene and are now overcompensating.
 
Ok, I am this many years old learning that that is the end of that saying. lol I'm stunned, seriously, how did I never heard that until today? smh

I've had dogs all my life, never called them fur babies. But since I have no children I can get pretty attached to my dogs. My little white dog passed early this year and I was devastated, I still can't talk about it. She's buried in my backyard where I have started a garden in her memory.

I too have buried pets and know how that feels. I thought I was pretty tough until I had to put one down. I ain't!

I just see a culture marginalizing children, mothers and families and it makes me upset.
 
  • Like
Reactions: HopeinHim98
I too have buried pets and know how that feels. I thought I was pretty tough until I had to put one down. I ain't!

I just see a culture marginalizing children, mothers and families and it makes me upset.



I agree with that point too. My neighbor calls herself an "animal lover" and has birds, dogs, rabbits and who knows in her yard. She has a boy about 4 yrs old and all I ever hear her do is yell and curse at him. So behind her back the kid grabs a rake and beats the animals with it. smh
 
I would not read too much into the term "fur baby", it is just a cute way of referring to a pet. The vet I currently go to even drops the word "fur" sometimes, like they'll ask "What's your baby's name?" Again, I am not reading too much into it.