A racist God?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
one more thing...all,humans bleed and the colour of human blood is red, no matter what skin tone you are.

If you have only white blood something is wrong!
Its Jesus blood that saved us, so dont go thinking yours is superior to anyone elses.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Maybe in tenessee ppl think this way, but the world is much bigger than the people of tenessee! lol
i grew up in TN and i have no idea why he's calling that junk a 'TN doctrine'

i certainly don't think that way. i didn't grow up thinking that way.
in and around the time of the civil war, people in TN ((especially east TN)) were generally too poor to own slaves. they had no dog in that race.
on the other hand the huge plantations of the super-rich people were in GA, NC/SC, AL etc
i think it's more likely that's where such back-justification developed, then in TN.

honestly i'm a bit put-off about associating such thought with TN lol!

SomeDisciple

Jul 4, 2021
SomeDisciple, do you think you own reasoning makes more sense than the clear statements of God's inspired word; and contrary to the understanding of the body of Christ through the centuries. Does that not sound rather prideful on your part? You write "I don't think..."
No, it's not prideful because God gave us a brain to think with. If we didnt challenge any of the ideas presented to us by commentaries and non-canon "church writings" that have appeared throughout history, our heads would be full of nonsensical, and incompatible ideas.
Pride would be if I ignored the substance of your post, and made personal attacks or disingenuous arguments. My points are made in good faith.

S

SophieT

Have not black people traditionally been slaves to those who are white?
not having read through the entire thread, maybe someone pointed this out but here it is anyway

no. blacks have been slaves to blacks...go read some African history. and even sold blacks into slavery

it is India throughout history that has had the most slaves...not the US or traditionally white people

The history of slavery spans many cultures, nationalities, and religions from ancient times to the present day. Likewise, its victims have come from many different ethnicities and religious groups. The social, economic, and legal positions of slaves have differed vastly in different systems of slavery in different times and places.[1]

Slavery was relatively rare in pre-civilisation hunter-gatherer populations,[2] as it develops under conditions of social stratification.[3] Slavery operated in the first civilizations (such as Sumer in Mesopotamia,[4] which dates back as far as 3500 BC). Slavery features in the Mesopotamian Code of Hammurabi (c. 1860 BCE), which refers to it as an established institution.[5] Slavery was widespread in the ancient world. It was found in almost every ancient civilization, including the Roman Empire. It became less common throughout Europe during the Early Middle Ages, although it continued to be practiced in some areas. Both Christians and Muslims captured each other as slaves during centuries of warfare in the Mediterranean.[6] Islamic slavery encompassed mainly Western and Central Asia, Northern and Eastern Africa, India, and Europe from the 7th to the 20th century. The Dutch, French, Spanish, Portuguese, British and a number of West African kingdoms played a prominent role in the Atlantic slave trade, especially after 1600.
wiki

S

SophieT

The descendants of Ham were known to be black in history.
whose history?

certainly not actual historical fact...

In the 30 April-6 May edition of Asaval-Dasavali newspaper, Archpriest Davit Isakadze stated that according to the Bible, the black race originated from Ham, a son of Noah, whose black skin was the punishment for a concrete misdeed. An allegation that the black skin is a sort of “punishment” was also promoted by Priest Teodeore Gignadze in 2011, who, alike Davit Isakadze, said that the black skin is the result of sins and bears a relationship to “Hamites”. see more and learn something

S

SophieT

First, it's important to read the biblical text! There is no "curse of Ham" in Genesis 9. Instead, Noah places a curse on Canaan (who in the narrative is Ham's son). And this "Canaan" is obviously the eponymous ancestor of the Canaanites of the land of Canaan, who are the ones the Israelites are subsequently depicted (in the book of Joshua) as depriving of the land, in punishment for their idolatry and wickedness, so the story goes.

The first appearance of a "curse of Ham" is in the Middle Ages, and it's a puzzle where it comes from, as there is no basis in the Genesis text.

Second, the figure Ham in Genesis 9 is the ancestor of the peoples of Canaan, and also Egypt, and perhaps Libya, and Ethiopia. So, by no means simply "black people." Only in the European period of colonialism did the idea appear that the curse of Canaan was transferred to Ham and justified slavery.
source

S

SophieT

And in some ways, Obama and BLM have helped Blacks restore some of their dignity. That's on the positive side.
uhhh

dignity is not rioting in the streets and demanding white people beg them for forgiveness

BLM is not about helping black people. please educate yourself. it is NOT about helping black people

if anyone thinks BLM is a good thing? check out this website and inform yourself

I personally saw the BLM site before they toned it down. one of their main tenants, which no longer appears, was they intend to destroy the nuclear family. and that is the tip of the iceberg

justbyfaith

Sep 16, 2021
There is acheological evidence that suggests that modern Jews and Arabs are descendants of Canaanites:
I sincerely doubt the possibility of that since in Nehemiah or Ezra, there was an issue made about intermarriages between Jews and people of other nations; and the people decided to put away their non-Jewish wives and children. Thus, those who are considered to be Jewish today are not descended from non-Jews.

justbyfaith

Sep 16, 2021
There are certainly people who are attempting to re-write history so that it fits their own agenda.

But in answer to your question, I would say that it is according to true history.

justbyfaith

Sep 16, 2021
First, it's important to read the biblical text! There is no "curse of Ham" in Genesis 9. Instead, Noah places a curse on Canaan (who in the narrative is Ham's son). And this "Canaan" is obviously the eponymous ancestor of the Canaanites of the land of Canaan, who are the ones the Israelites are subsequently depicted (in the book of Joshua) as depriving of the land, in punishment for their idolatry and wickedness, so the story goes.

The first appearance of a "curse of Ham" is in the Middle Ages, and it's a puzzle where it comes from, as there is no basis in the Genesis text.

Second, the figure Ham in Genesis 9 is the ancestor of the peoples of Canaan, and also Egypt, and perhaps Libya, and Ethiopia. So, by no means simply "black people." Only in the European period of colonialism did the idea appear that the curse of Canaan was transferred to Ham and justified slavery.
source
Canaan is cursed because of the sin of Ham; who was Canaan's father.

Ham's descendants were primarily the black races; and Canaan was an offshoot of one of the black races who were descended from Ham.

Not all black races are descended from Canaan; and therefore not all black races are cursed.

But those who are descended from Canaan are in fact cursed; and Canaan was black and also had black descendants.

And therefore, those who are descended from him, who are black, have the curse upon them that they will be subservient to Shem and Japheth.

This does not preclude that people descended from Shem and Japheth may not have also had a similar curse down the line; so that certain people of white descendancy may have also been slaves. Or, people of white descendancy may have become slaves not as the result of any curse.

S

SophieT

Canaan is cursed because of the sin of Ham; who was Canaan's father.

Ham's descendants were primarily the black races; and Canaan was an offshoot of one of the black races who were descended from Ham.

Not all black races are descended from Canaan; and therefore not all black races are cursed.

But those who are descended from Canaan are in fact cursed; and Canaan was black and also had black descendants.

And therefore, those who are descended from him, who are black, have the curse upon them that they will be subservient to Shem and Japheth.

This does not preclude that people descended from Shem and Japheth may not have also had a similar curse down the line; so that certain people of white descendancy may have also been slaves. Or, people of white descendancy may have become slaves not as the result of any curse.
there is nothing in scripture concerning the color of anyone being black

you are spreading false information

S

SophieT

There are certainly people who are attempting to re-write history so that it fits their own agenda.

But in answer to your question, I would say that it is according to true history.

you are evading the truth

this was my actual post:

whose history?

In the 30 April-6 May edition of Asaval-Dasavali newspaper, Archpriest Davit Isakadze stated that according to the Bible, the black race originated from Ham, a son of Noah, whose black skin was the punishment for a concrete misdeed. An allegation that the black skin is a sort of “punishment” was also promoted by Priest Teodeore Gignadze in 2011, who, alike Davit Isakadze, said that the black skin is the result of sins and bears a relationship to “Hamites”. see more and learn something

and I was not asking a question. I was correcting you and you need correction

justbyfaith

Sep 16, 2021
there is nothing in scripture concerning the color of anyone being black

you are spreading false information
It is not false information although you would have to go to an extrabiblical source in order to obtain it.

justbyfaith

Sep 16, 2021
you are evading the truth

this was my actual post:

whose history?

and I was not asking a question. I was correcting you and you need correction
Actually, I was correcting you...

The fact that the descendants of Ham are black is a matter of historical record.

But of course there are those who are attempting to re-write history in order to make it fit their own agenda.

S

SophieT

It is not false information although you would have to go to an extrabiblical source in order to obtain it.
ahahahahaha

yes, I am sure that is your source. extra spicy and not biblical

I don't have to defend what I posted. I am sure you are hyper ventilating in eagerness to have another useless debate

not happening
:LOL:

justbyfaith

Sep 16, 2021
ahahahahaha

yes, I am sure that is your source. extra spicy and not biblical

I don't have to defend what I posted. I am sure you are hyper ventilating in eagerness to have another useless debate

not happening :LOL:
Are you contending that science books, for example, are not reliable because the information contained in them is extrabiblical?