A rant from a 72 year old.....

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
What an odd mix of people. We have gun advocates who desperately wait for the next civil war so that they can be justified owning a gun. We have people who want Israel to quit defending itself against a real enemy whose only obejctive is to wipe out Israel. Of course, they have no solution to the problem. "Just stop it" is not a solution, by the way. Thank God that there are some sane and sensible people who love Jesus.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
I am not against others having guns I am fromTexas after all but politic and guns will not matter soon enough if we fight against not flesh but sdpirit what exactly are we expecting to use against a form of spirit?

The grave reality is that the worst is to come the word of God will be respected and known as absolute turth but Jesus never used weapons he had his own way of defeating hatred and evil and it isn't as if they didn't have weapons back then.

Reality as we know it will be turned on it's head and if you even remotely see and understand this you must realiaze there is a reason you were born into this era.
God has more intentions for those who understood what real strength is whose hearts wre solely for the sake of others there is a fire he will bestow and this is not the time to be doubtle the severeity of where we are you have to decide now where you stand the time of seperating the wehat and the chaff is at hand and scripture alone will not save you

I say this to a warning to all if you know and understand who he is is it that surprising that he would require us to submit ourselvesd to listen to hid every whim every whisper these are not casual times and casual Christians will never rise above it.

I see threads on here on all kinds of topics but what I rarely see is threads on the actual evidence and seriousness of the end times.

The king is coming not as if I know for sure the rapture and the end times but one thing he has been putting on me is yje reason why I sought to be strong in himto begin with the reason for our studying the scriptures being more tha just people with a studious sese of him.
Many read of him they study for years but can you say that he lives with you? that he is tangabile physical and will show up if you invite him?

The source of our understanding of him creatres a distamce a wonder if he is listening or even there but I tell you he is yours to have as you eish or was he a liar when hje said if you ask for anything in my name it will given to you. there was no added words or conditions you either take him at his word or call him a lair do you dare to go into the unkown with him? do you really seek the truth of all truths?
Yjr living word of God not the written word is the jey he is the truth and the way and the life

To be so intermately intertwined with him the wholeness of himself no more doubt or confusion only him that warmth and sense of rest your body your mind you emoitions and spirit are brought back better than ever.

The wonders of heaven how they are linked to how this world works and us yes it shows our weakness and sin but also shows how what method is used in particular for each person excposed.

For me it was life itsenlfs not energy stremth or ay kind of imaginable force it was him it was who we are to him it was home it was as you were given a glimpse into who he would make you tyhe golden fog the being in his heart not experiencing it no you are in him can you imagine know him who he is the authority snd power he has yet when you holfs you this is all there is.

Adelia

Apr 18, 2018
What an odd mix of people. We have gun advocates who desperately wait for the next civil war so that they can be justified owning a gun. We have people who want Israel to quit defending itself against a real enemy whose only obejctive is to wipe out Israel. Of course, they have no solution to the problem. "Just stop it" is not a solution, by the way. Thank God that there are some sane and sensible people who love Jesus.
If I am not prayed up and focussed on the Lord, I can get caught up in the cares of the world. The apostle Paul said " why do I do that which I do not want to do?" Blain is correct calling it what it is....spiritual warfare. As for Israel, scripture says
17The LORD your God is among you;
He is mighty to save.
He will rejoice over you with gladness;
He will quiet you with His love;c
He will rejoice over you with singing.”
18“I will gather those among you who grieve
over the appointed feasts,
so that you will no longer suffer reproach.
19Behold, at that time,
I will deal with all who afflict you.
I will save the lame
and gather the scattered;
and I will appoint praise and fame
for the disgraced throughout the earth.
20At that time I will bring you in;
yes, at that time I will gather you.
For I will give you fame and praise
among all the peoples of the earth
when I restore your captivesd
before your very eyes,”
I don't know what that will look like in so far as how He will orchestrate people to achieve this; none the less I believe Him. One thing I do know is scripture calls us to pray for Jerusalem and to pray for Israel.

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
And, imagine if those folks who were at that festival were armed. Hamas' invasion would have been much shorter-lived.

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
I am not against others having guns I am fromTexas after all but politic and guns will not matter soon enough if we fight against not flesh but sdpirit what exactly are we expecting to use against a form of spirit?

The grave reality is that the worst is to come the word of God will be respected and known as absolute turth but Jesus never used weapons he had his own way of defeating hatred and evil and it isn't as if they didn't have weapons back then.

Reality as we know it will be turned on it's head and if you even remotely see and understand this you must realiaze there is a reason you were born into this era.
God has more intentions for those who understood what real strength is whose hearts wre solely for the sake of others there is a fire he will bestow and this is not the time to be doubtle the severeity of where we are you have to decide now where you stand the time of seperating the wehat and the chaff is at hand and scripture alone will not save you

I say this to a warning to all if you know and understand who he is is it that surprising that he would require us to submit ourselvesd to listen to hid every whim every whisper these are not casual times and casual Christians will never rise above it.

I see threads on here on all kinds of topics but what I rarely see is threads on the actual evidence and seriousness of the end times.

The king is coming not as if I know for sure the rapture and the end times but one thing he has been putting on me is yje reason why I sought to be strong in himto begin with the reason for our studying the scriptures being more tha just people with a studious sese of him.
Many read of him they study for years but can you say that he lives with you? that he is tangabile physical and will show up if you invite him?

The source of our understanding of him creatres a distamce a wonder if he is listening or even there but I tell you he is yours to have as you eish or was he a liar when hje said if you ask for anything in my name it will given to you. there was no added words or conditions you either take him at his word or call him a lair do you dare to go into the unkown with him? do you really seek the truth of all truths?
Yjr living word of God not the written word is the jey he is the truth and the way and the life

To be so intermately intertwined with him the wholeness of himself no more doubt or confusion only him that warmth and sense of rest your body your mind you emoitions and spirit are brought back better than ever.

The wonders of heaven how they are linked to how this world works and us yes it shows our weakness and sin but also shows how what method is used in particular for each person excposed.

For me it was life itsenlfs not energy stremth or ay kind of imaginable force it was him it was who we are to him it was home it was as you were given a glimpse into who he would make you tyhe golden fog the being in his heart not experiencing it no you are in him can you imagine know him who he is the authority snd power he has yet when you holfs you this is all there is.
Bro, punctuation and proofreading would have helped this post a lot.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Bro, punctuation and proofreading would have helped this post a lot.
I apologize for that it is part of my disability some thing things like that just don't click with my brain for some reason I never could learn it even in school

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
And, imagine if those folks who were at that festival were armed. Hamas' invasion would have been much shorter-lived.
or, if they thought they could have been armed, they might not have attacked them at all.

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
I apologize for that it is part of my disability some thing things like that just don't click with my brain for some reason I never could learn it even in school
Oh well crap, I'm sorry!

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Oh well crap, I'm sorry!
iT IS QUITE ALIGHT sorry I had the caps on.
You never could have known so it is not your fault. I on;y jabe sich disabilties because I am lacking in every way that one these days considers to be any kind of truth or strength according to the way of this world and todays believers For better or for worse my mid does not see or understand things like n0ormal peaple and perhaps the fact I do not think or see or understand as others do as I have always considered a weakness may be the key to seeing more as he does.

My curses always end up being his strength I consider myslef lacking in every way I cannot say I am doctrinally correct My memory issue make where I cannot memorize scripture I cannot hear one and not have to look it up but he brings to memory parts of scripture and that leads me to search it out and almost always it reveal he was speaking to me.

Somethiung vitial to understand is that knowledge of scripture is only the first step when you go to the living word speaking acting living as if he is a real person as he is the truth the way and life as he can and will move in with you he will come physiacally he will reate a bond and relationship with you as if there is no barrier of physical or spiritual he comes in physical and spiritual if you dare to believe he can
Imagine him presenting to you himself in person as if you expected your closest friend to arrive at any time, imagine his presence coming to you as a golden fog filling your room entering you into him not with him but in him the wonder and mystery of himself a part f him that you could not begin to try try to create within your own mind beyond you understanding or creativity all of this in that one moment where you are in him the endless vast wonder of himself so much more than what we can handle mentally emotionally and physically and yet it all you need to not just want to know him no you need to know you refuse anything less

My role involves much more suffering much more spiritual warfare muc more pain lonliness attacks dealing with on my own but I have tasted and seen the real thing in doing so.
Can you imagine your soul iteself feel;ing being healed being given life him using his hand to slowly and gently as if showing the greatest love and understanding as he mends your inner wounds by his owns hanfs?

It is strange it hurts but feels so good at the same time evenI do not understand it, nut I know that because I wasd after far more than doctrinally truth that beczuse more than anything even all he has to oferr me in heaven is that I wanted to know him I mean really know him think pof every aspect he has spoken of himself and consider this is not even 000000000000090000.1 of himself how can one know him and not have that fascination with him the intrigue and hungry desire to know more?

Amyone who has ever experienced never was the same it was not about salvation or how good enough they were their hearts passion was of absolute adorationb and hunger for his person not what he can do for us not what we consider anything to be you are blind to all of that youonly see him you only see the true treasure that all of heaven cannot compare.

Many call me a false teacher and prophet I have to go away many times because of the severity of attacks I have recieved and I also deal with a lot of spiritual warfare you will not be attacked if you are not a threat I cannot be online much these days due to the spritual warfare
i go through it is not as simple as things going to hell for you in life it affects you mentally physically emotionally any way he can attack you and you are an actualy threat trust me it gets bad even close to death.

I am a wounded warrior so I do not have the strength to do as he calls me to do anymore I have to beaten to severely mocked and derided even to the point where I question if anything I said or did mattered if the garden I saw with me planting the seeds and him growing it
My mjob was only to speak and plant what seeds I could I made it clear that while I am a prophet I am noty above the chuirch that was never my purpose (I am only a spark a spark is not much it is quick weak and only serves at a starter.

But because most are abiding by the system the devil created to confuse divide and conguor the treasures I have seen and experienced first hand go unseen unheard.

I say all these things because I was after the real truth the the real kingdom I was going for it and I was going to bring it here anyone can see doctrine denomionation your knowledge of scripture never does anything it is always the same pattern.

So the things I say even though not perfect I need everyone to really consider and pay attention to because yes it will go against the norm the natural thinking and understanding of most believers but the reWARD FOR IT THE DEPTH OF HOW TRULY CLOSE YOU CAN BE WITH HIM THINGS CONSIDERED MIRACLES THAT JUST HAPPEN AS IN EVERY DAY LIFE THE REALITY OF WHO WE ARE IN HIM WHO HE IS THE POSITION HE PLACES US IN IT WILL COMPLETELY ASTONISH SHOCK AND BEWILDER YOU YOU HAVE NO CLUE who you are in him the actually authorityu and worthiness you hold him.

And time is running out

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
The older we get, the more we see the wisdom in the old saying, "It'll all come out in the wash." In other words it's not worth getting riled up over, because it'll sort itself out eventually.

Lots of young folks (and a few older folks who I think just like the drama) holler a lot about this and that. Nothing you can say will help them calm down, so all you can do is let 'em holler. If they live long enough, they'll learn. Usually.

I like to watch the older folks (except the ones who just like drama) and see how they react to situations. If the old folks get nervous, then I'll think about getting nervous about it.

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
I'm not nervous.... I just try to be as prepared as possible to take care of those I love.... what happens will happen.

We have gun advocates who desperately wait for the next civil war so that they can be justified owning a gun.
I have never seen anyone that "desperately wait for the next civil war"..... I think that is a product of your twisted way of looking at things.

Do you have insurance on your vehicle? Are you desperately hoping you have a major accident, to justify your premium payments?

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
I'm not nervous.... I just try to be as prepared as possible to take care of those I love.... what happens will happen.

I have never seen anyone that "desperately wait for the next civil war"..... I think that is a product of your twisted way of looking at things.

Do you have insurance on your vehicle? Are you desperately hoping you have a major accident, to justify your premium payments?
I read what people post here. It seems that they are quite OK with 500 plus mass shootings as long as not one tries to take away their guns. Why? Because they may have to go to war against their own government. I was being sarcastic. I wish I could say the same about pro gun advocates.

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
As Esther used to observe of her brother-in-law Fred, "You, old fish-eyed fool!"

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
It seems that they are quite OK with 500 plus mass shootings as long as not one tries to take away their guns.
again with the hyperbole..... I don't know of anyone that is "ok" with mass shootings...
You could say that most people are "ok" with almost 4000 teenagers every year dying in car wrecks, simply because selfish drivers don't want to give up their "right" to own a car that will go 90 mph.
Just try to pass any legislation that would make it law that no vehicles could go faster than 45 mph.... let me know how that works out.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
So... I'm not the brightest person in the world, but... I get the distinct impression this whole thread is carryover argument from a different thread that I don't follow much.

Oh well.

*Lynx wanders off to listen to a Zoltan podcast.

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
I read what people post here. It seems that they are quite OK with 500 plus mass shootings as long as not one tries to take away their guns. Why? Because they may have to go to war against their own government. I was being sarcastic. I wish I could say the same about pro gun advocates.
Guns are no more responsible for mass shootings than spoons are for peoples' weight or pens are for spelling errors.

Know this, Gideon, America has ALWAYS had guns. It's only over the last few decades that we've started seeing these insane crimes. Gee... what else has happened during that time? Oh I dunno.... a watered-down church, a drift from the fear of God to a self-deification, to a complete disregard for the sacredness of man being created in God's image, perhaps??

Then again, maybe you're right. Maybe guns themselves are the problem. I mean, imagine if the American slaves were armed. The slaughter of all those slave owners! Oh... and what if the German Jews were armed? My God, all those poor SS. My eyes water in grief...

We live in a sinful world, and mitigating that sin is messy. It will be until Jesus sits in Jerusalem. In the mean time, I thoroughly believe in the Godly notion our founding fathers had about human nature: It needs to be checked, and multiple times -- both the citizenry and the government. We need guns for the same reason we have separation of powers and multiple layers and divisions of power in federalism: Ambition to check ambition, power to check power.

When Jesus returns, then and only then can we beat our AR-15s into plowshares. Anything else shows a lack of understanding of the Bible, of human nature, and of history.

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
It is a product of paying attention to a news media that is hostile to Christians and the American founding. I do not know how Christians can get sucked in by that crap, but somehow they do.

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
Guns are no more responsible for mass shootings than spoons are for peoples' weight or pens are for spelling errors.

Know this, Gideon, America has ALWAYS had guns. It's only over the last few decades that we've started seeing these insane crimes. Gee... what else has happened during that time? Oh I dunno.... a watered-down church, a drift from the fear of God to a self-deification, to a complete disregard for the sacredness of man being created in God's image, perhaps??

Then again, maybe you're right. Maybe guns themselves are the problem. I mean, imagine if the American slaves were armed. The slaughter of all those slave owners! Oh... and what if the German Jews were armed? My God, all those poor SS. My eyes water in grief...

We live in a sinful world, and mitigating that sin is messy. It will be until Jesus sits in Jerusalem. In the mean time, I thoroughly believe in the Godly notion our founding fathers had about human nature: It needs to be checked, and multiple times -- both the citizenry and the government. We need guns for the same reason we have separation of powers and multiple layers and divisions of power in federalism: Ambition to check ambition, power to check power.

When Jesus returns, then and only then can we beat our AR-15s into plowshares. Anything else shows a lack of understanding of the Bible, of human nature, and of history.
Anyone would think that America is the only place on earth. The world is full of sinners. Somehow, much of the world gets by without arming its citizenry to the teeth. The idea that a civilian population could take on a professional military is a joke. Polish Jews took on the might of the German army. They fought like tigers, but Germany prevailed. I wonder how many slaves knew how to fire a rifle?

Sure, the church has drifted away from truth and reality for decades now. However, the same applies in Australia. We do not have amss shootings because you can't buy an AR15. Australians are free to own guns. The kind of gun is restricted. We also require psychological tests before issuing a licence.

Recently, two men took shots at cars traveling down a freeway. No one was injured. Because the weapons were not semi auto, they were not as dangerous. America has had over 500 mass shootings this year. Over 600 killed and 2,000 injured. I can say no more.