A relative recommended fasting for a week

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

MyrtleTrees

Sep 5, 2014
A relative of mine recently recommended that I try fasting for a week. It had made her feel better in time past when she tried it. But though it may be good for some - probably it isn't good for others. Our bodies are all different. I have no tendencies for overweight, and am of normal weight - not too thin, I think. I am 5' 1' tall, and weight 110. I have IBS, and candida, and allergies. If it hurts my stomach to fast, do you think it is unwise to continue fasting in that case? I think so.

soggykitten

Jul 3, 2020
This may help with your question concerning your IBS. https://www.healthline.com/health/irritable-bowel-syndrome/ibs-fasting#it-may-help

This too may assist your search.
Can IBS be made worse by allergies? https://www.avogel.co.uk/health/digestive-system/ibs/can-ibs-be-made-worse-by-allergies/

Candida can cause depression if you suffer the symptoms overlong. Many allergies can be helped with a change of diet too. Candida can also be helped with a diet change. Some of those foods that feed candida are processed sugar products and dairy. Dispense with diet sodas, or sodas generally too. Diet soda is horrible for the body.

A friend of mine was a nutritionist. Years ago I gained weight due to depression having lost a family member. I replaced them with eating anything in sight. I looked ridiculous! That's where I got my advice I share from time to time now.
They helped me understand about supplements to get me back on track while eliminating gradually over time foods that were bad for me. Fasting was one method.

A week is a long time to go if you've never fasted. Maybe try to fast for a couple of days and see how you feel.

MyrtleTrees

Sep 5, 2014
This may help with your question concerning your IBS. https://www.healthline.com/health/irritable-bowel-syndrome/ibs-fasting#it-may-help

This too may assist your search.
Can IBS be made worse by allergies? https://www.avogel.co.uk/health/digestive-system/ibs/can-ibs-be-made-worse-by-allergies/

Candida can cause depression if you suffer the symptoms overlong. Many allergies can be helped with a change of diet too. Candida can also be helped with a diet change. Some of those foods that feed candida are processed sugar products and dairy. Dispense with diet sodas, or sodas generally too. Diet soda is horrible for the body.

A friend of mine was a nutritionist. Years ago I gained weight due to depression having lost a family member. I replaced them with eating anything in sight. I looked ridiculous! That's where I got my advice I share from time to time now.
They helped me understand about supplements to get me back on track while eliminating gradually over time foods that were bad for me. Fasting was one method.

A week is a long time to go if you've never fasted. Maybe try to fast for a couple of days and see how you feel.
Thanks a lot for the links! I copied them both down - what they said. I look up things like this related to health and my health conditions a lot. I am very careful to eat healthfully.

MyrtleTrees

Sep 5, 2014
Thanks a lot - I copied down your links and what they said. I do research on natural methods of healing a lot - online. I'm very careful to eat healthfully, and eat no processed foods. I am allergic to more foods than I used to by now - I'm age 61. So I'm on a very strict diet. I've fasted for a few days at a time before to try it out - but couldn't feel any benefit from it. Unless badly constipated. But by now, and very recently - I've found much better success in avoiding and overcoming constipation. Things like a tiny bit of powdered mustard, and cooked flaxseeds help. But I still don't have victory against diarrhea. So am still working on trying to figure out what might best help that. Probiotics don't help me - I've tried them before. And any probiotic that is fermented - wouldn't be good for the reason that fermented foods aren't good for Candida. That's what I've found, in my case. I wash my dishes in salt water, and that helps reduce Candida symptoms to an extent. I eat just lentils, grains (except for wheat, which I'm allergic to), and milk. Though I tried avoiding milk recently, to see if I felt better without it. But now I'm going to try taking it again to see if I notice it bothering me. One sister, and a relative of mine, who also have allergies and Candida - suggested I figure out what my blood type is and to try out eating according to what is recommended for my blood type too. So I've sent for a blood testing kit from Ebay, and will try it out when it comes.
I also keep all my cooked food in the freezer and thaw out a little, with my microwave, whenever I want to eat it. That helps prevent Candida symptoms to an extent, too, I've found.

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
There is a lady online who has a webpage , it is called The Daniel fast...
It gives you guidelines from Scripture , and it leads you through a seven day fast , or if you want to do the ten day fast or 28 day fast , she has lots of good recipes to follow...I can seek her out if you wish...
...xox...