A Resurrection Day Scripture Blessing

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Below I have pasted the story from Genesis relating how the sheep could not be gathered together to drink of the water until the stone was removed from the well's mouth.

Gen 29:7 And he said, Lo, it is yet high day, neither is it time that the cattle should be gathered together: water ye the sheep, and go and feed them.
Gen 29:8 And they said, We cannot, until all the flocks be gathered together, and till they roll the stone from the well's mouth; then we water the sheep.
Gen 29:9 And while he yet spake with them, Rachel came with her father's sheep: for she kept them.
Gen 29:10 And it came to pass, when Jacob saw Rachel the daughter of Laban his mother's brother, and the sheep of Laban his mother's brother, that Jacob went near, and rolled the stone from the well's mouth, and watered the flock of Laban his mother's brother.
Gen 29:11 And Jacob kissed Rachel, and lifted up his voice, and wept.

I have always been blessed by this passage because I see the First Born of the resurrection's work here. It is breathtaking.

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011
Below I have pasted the story from Genesis relating how the sheep could not be gathered together to drink of the water until the stone was removed from the well's mouth.

Gen 29:7 And he said, Lo, it is yet high day, neither is it time that the cattle should be gathered together: water ye the sheep, and go and feed them.
Gen 29:8 And they said, We cannot, until all the flocks be gathered together, and till they roll the stone from the well's mouth; then we water the sheep.
Gen 29:9 And while he yet spake with them, Rachel came with her father's sheep: for she kept them.
Gen 29:10 And it came to pass, when Jacob saw Rachel the daughter of Laban his mother's brother, and the sheep of Laban his mother's brother, that Jacob went near, and rolled the stone from the well's mouth, and watered the flock of Laban his mother's brother.

I have always been blessed by this passage because I see the First Born of the resurrection's work here. It is breathtaking.

I was marveling at this yesterday :)

Thank you for sharing my friend.

onlinebuddy

Sep 1, 2012
What a beautiful passage! I can hear the sheep; feel the breeze and hear Jacob cry with joy and gratefulness as he sees a new life ahead of him. The rolling of the stone seems symbolic of the stone rolled when Jesus was resurrected. Thanks for sharing.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Also, the flocks cannot be gathered until the stone is rolled away, and much, much more. I have always loved this prophecy.[QUOTE=onlinebuddy;972484]What a beautiful passage! I can hear the sheep; feel the breeze and hear Jacob cry with joy and gratefulness as he sees a new life ahead of him. The rolling of the stone seems symbolic of the stone rolled when Jesus was resurrected. Thanks for sharing.[/QUOTE]

onlinebuddy

Sep 1, 2012
Also, the flocks cannot be gathered until the stone is rolled away, and much, much more. I have always loved this prophecy.[QUOTE=onlinebuddy;972484]What a beautiful passage! I can hear the sheep; feel the breeze and hear Jacob cry with joy and gratefulness as he sees a new life ahead of him. The rolling of the stone seems symbolic of the stone rolled when Jesus was resurrected. Thanks for sharing.
[/QUOTE]
So true and prophetic!

P

psychomom

Nice, Jack! Thanks. :)

Here are some I posted elsewhere.
Happy Resurrection Day. ♥

Jesus answered and said to them, “Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up. (John 2:19)

But what does it say? “THE WORD IS NEAR YOU, in your mouth and in your heart”—that is, the word of faith which we are preaching,
that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved. (Romans 10:9)

For He was foreknown before the foundation of the world, but has appeared in these last times for the sake of you
who through Him are believers in God, who raised Him from the dead and gave Him glory, so that your faith and hope are in God. (1 Peter 1:20-21)

Paul, an apostle (not sent from men, nor through the agency of man, but through Jesus Christ, and God the Father, who raised Him from the dead) (Galatians 1:1)

But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who indwells you. (Romans 8:20)

I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened, so that you may know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints,
and what is the surpassing greatness of His power toward us who believe. These are in accordance with the working of the strength of His might
which He brought about in Christ, when He raised Him from the dead, and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places,
far above all rule and authority and power and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age, but also in the one to come.
And He put all things in subjection under His feet, and gave Him as head over all things to the church,
which is His body, the fulness of Him who fills all in all. (Ephesians 1:18-23)

Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me will live even if he dies,

and everyone who lives and believes in Me will never die. Do you believe this?" (John 11:25-26)

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Thanks Psychomom.

Here is another Scripture from the Word before our Lord came to us to save us. It is when Abraham prophesied to his son, his only son, what God was going to do.

Gen 22:7 And Isaac spake unto Abraham his father, and said, My father: and he said, Here am I, my son. And he said, Behold the fire and the wood: but where is the lamb for a burnt offering?
Gen 22:8 And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together.

Of course we all know the Angel of the Lord stopped Abraham from sacrificing his son, his only son in whom was the hope of his posterity. The name, Abraham, means honored father of a multitude, interesting, no?

Gen 22:13 And Abraham lifted up his eyes, and looked, and behold behind him a ram caught in a thicket by his horns: and Abraham went and took the ram, and offered him up for a burnt offering in the stead of his son.

One moment! Abraham said God would provide Himself a Lamb! But Abraham espied a ram in the thicket and offered him up. Abraham had prophesied the coming of the Lamb of God, which came to pass on one Passover over two thousand years ago, and we are celebrating the commemoration of the fulfillment of his prophesy today. Christ is risen, and all are saved who believe Him, amen. Praise our Honored Father, amen.

P

psychomom

One of my favorites...sorry for the length...just can't bring myself to cut it. :)

Isaiah 53
1 Who has believed our message?
And to whom has the arm of the LORD been revealed?
2 For He grew up before Him like a tender shoot,
And like a root out of parched ground;
He has no stately form or majesty
That we should look upon Him,
Nor appearance that we should be attracted to Him.

3 He was despised and forsaken of men,
A man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief;
And like one from whom men hide their face,
He was despised, and we did not esteem Him.

4 Surely our griefs He Himself bore,
And our sorrows He carried;
Yet we ourselves esteemed Him stricken,
Smitten of God, and afflicted.

5 But He was pierced through for our transgressions,
He was crushed for our iniquities;
The chastening for our well-being fell upon Him,
And by His scourging we are healed.

6 All of us like sheep have gone astray,
Each of us has turned to his own way;
But the LORD has caused the iniquity of us all
To fall on Him.

7 He was oppressed and He was afflicted,
Yet He did not open His mouth;
Like a lamb that is led to slaughter,
And like a sheep that is silent before its shearers,
So He did not open His mouth.

8 By oppression and judgment He was taken away;
And as for His generation, who considered
That He was cut off out of the land of the living,
For the transgression of my people to whom the stroke was due?

9 His grave was assigned with wicked men,
Yet He was with a rich man in His death,
Because He had done no violence,
Nor was there any deceit in His mouth.

10 But the LORD was pleased
To crush Him, putting Him to grief;
If He would render Himself as a guilt offering,
He will see His offspring,
He will prolong His days,
And the good pleasure of the LORD will prosper in His hand.

11 As a result of the anguish of His soul,
He will see it and be satisfied;
By His knowledge the Righteous One,
My Servant, will justify the many,
As He will bear their iniquities.

12 Therefore, I will allot Him a portion with the great,
And He will divide the booty with the strong;
Because He poured out Himself to death,
And was numbered with the transgressors;
Yet He Himself bore the sin of many,
And interceded for the transgressors.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Great post, while we are making reference to the prophesies of our Savior, I cannot leave out Zecharia 3, the chapter. Jesus is even called by the name Joshua here, and also the High Priest, which is the same as Yeshua. Need there be any doubt about our Lord? I think not. Praise our blessed Savior, now and forever, He is worthy; we are not, amen.

Last edited:
T

Tintin

I didn't notice this parallel until now. Thanks for sharing!

P

psychomom

Great post, while we are making reference to the prophesies of our Savior, I cannot leave out Zecharia 3, the chapter. Jesus is even called by the name Joshua here, and also the High Priest, which is the same as Yeshua. Need there be any doubt about our Lord? I think not. Praise our blessed Savior, now and forever, He is worthy; we are not, amen.
Yes! I was thinking of that (Zech 3), as well. :)

ALL HAIL KING JESUS! ♥

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
The really great reason I love going to the Old Testament for the writings prophesying and talking about our Lord, Jesus, is because of what He said to the unbelieving Jews when He said that they believe Moses and the Prophets, then they should believe Him, for Moses and the Prophets wrote about Him (Jesus).

Also, after our Blessed Lord raised from the tombe, one of His appearances walking with the two apostles, and as they walked He explained the scriptures, how they foretell His coming and crucifixion. Their eyes were opened later, and Jesus departed. What wonderment for them, and what a legacy for all who believe, amen.

Last edited:

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
In honor of our risen Savior I am pasting, the second half of the second Psalm here.
Psa 2:6 Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion.

Psa 2:7 I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.
Psa 2:8 Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.
Psa 2:9 Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.
Psa 2:10 Be wise now therefore, O ye kings: be instructed, ye judges of the earth.
Psa 2:11 Serve the LORD with fear, and rejoice with trembling.
Psa 2:12 Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.
There can be no doubt a King has been begotten of the Father. Having read this in my Hebrew study this morning, for those of you who have conspiracy of the hypocrites gnawing at the back of your conscience, you will be justified by this. The very last line advising all to kiss the Son lest He be angry does say this in Hebrew, however it is not translated as such. It says in place of kiss the Son, "pay hommage to him," not quite the same. Pray that Jews everywhere who are able to read Hebrew will understand the true words in Hebrew. They are beloved, amen.