A Study on the Kingdom of God

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jun 16, 2018
forget it

you won't get an honest answer from him

he just either changes what he says or changes what he asks depending on the responses that he gets

he obviously fancies himself a teacher, correcting responses or handing praise when one agrees with him and no doubt this thread is started with, as you say, his actual agenda in mind which did not really fly in the other thread

however, this is not original teaching. he is getting it somewhere, agreeing with it and 'blessing' the forum here but he does not seem to know that this 'kingdom now' message has already been well discussed...no harm in discussing it again...but you get nowhere when trying to talk to someone is like trying to nail jello to the wall :);)
The Kingdom now / Dominion now is unbiblical. which we will prove in this forum

7seasrekeyed

Jesus stated in Luke 4:43 that his purpose was not to die on the cross or give his life for the ransom of many, or spill his blood, but to preach the Kingdom of God.

Luke 4:43 I must go to the other towns also to preach the Kingdom of God, for this is the reason/purpose I have come.

You are twisting my words I said non of those above,

no you are twisting what Jesus said and in a very harmful way

how do you enter the kingdom of God? can you do it on your own or did someone have to die in your place?

you are getting bolder in your actual beliefs here and entering the realm of heresy if you believe there is any kingdom of God without Jesus sacrificing his life for us

Jesus did not mean what you are saying. your views are not what Jesus taught

John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth on him should not perish, but have eternal life.

God sent His Son to die in our place for our sins. If you do not believe that, and because of what you said in the post I am responding to I am not really sure that you do, then you are not saved

Jan 6, 2018
forget it

you won't get an honest answer from him

he just either changes what he says or changes what he asks depending on the responses that he gets

he obviously fancies himself a teacher, correcting responses or handing praise when one agrees with him and no doubt this thread is started with, as you say, his actual agenda in mind which did not really fly in the other thread

however, this is not original teaching. he is getting it somewhere, agreeing with it and 'blessing' the forum here but he does not seem to know that this 'kingdom now' message has already been well discussed...no harm in discussing it again...but you get nowhere when trying to talk to someone is like trying to nail jello to the wall :);)
I don't think he is Kingdom Now. His source says the kingdom is not yet and will start with the millennial reign when Jesus returns. Instead, I see him contradicting the Gospel authors who did focus on Jesus as the main theme of their Gospel accounts.

Noose

Apr 18, 2016
Jesus stated in Luke 4:43 that his purpose was not to die on the cross or give his life for the ransom of many, or spill his blood, but to preach the Kingdom of God.

Luke 4:43 I must go to the other towns also to preach the Kingdom of God, for this is the reason/purpose I have come.

You are twisting my words I said non of those above,
Nope.
That dying on the cross and resurrection after the 3 days was the full gospel that Jesus preached in deeds/action (flesh) and in word. That's why both His flesh and words are referred to as the bread of life.

John the baptist preached "repent for the kingdom of God is at hand.."
Jesus preached ".. the son of man must be delivered to the enemies, killed and rise after 3 days..." and this is the gospel of the kingdom- if anyone believes this as a minimum, they become the greatest in the kingdom.

7seasrekeyed

I don't think he is Kingdom Now. His source says the kingdom is not yet and will start with the millennial reign when Jesus returns. Instead, I see him contradicting the Gospel authors who did focus on Jesus as the main theme of their Gospel accounts.

right. I just used that phrase...there are many to describe what the teaching is and enough nuances etc to create a different name

the emphasis is not in the right place at any rate and you sure are correct when you say he contradicts the Gospels and in the other thread, Paul did not teach what Jesus taught according to him. but he went back and forth on that too

read what he wrote about why Jesus came to earth. not to die for our sins apparently. :(

7seasrekeyed

I'll add I'm not going to be wasting my time on him like I did yesterday

it's just feeding his ego

I will check into that author tho...not familiar with him...but like I said...he is getting this stuff somewhere and I am not sure he even understands what he conveying from his source because he is all over the place

Jun 16, 2018
right. I just used that phrase...there are many to describe what the teaching is and enough nuances etc to create a different name

the emphasis is not in the right place at any rate and you sure are correct when you say he contradicts the Gospels and in the other thread, Paul did not teach what Jesus taught according to him. but he went back and forth on that too

read what he wrote about why Jesus came to earth. not to die for our sins apparently. :(
Jesus dying on the cross was a means to an end. It was not why he came, according to Luke 4:43 see scripture qouted above.

Noose

Apr 18, 2016
The Kingdom now / Dominion now is unbiblical. which we will prove in this forum
No it's not, the kingdom is and was and is to come the Almighty.
It is started with the chief corner stone (Jesus), the foundations of the disciples and now members are being added one after another as they believe the gospel until the very last member is added, then the end of age shall be.

Noose

Apr 18, 2016
Jesus dying on the cross was a means to an end. It was not why he came, according to Luke 4:43 see scripture qouted above.
Yes it was the purpose:

John 10:37 If I am not doing the works of MyFather, then do not believe Me. 38But if I am doing them, even though you do not believe Me, believe the works themselves, so that you may know and understand that the Father is in Me, and I am in the Father.”…

John 14: 10Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is inMe? The words I say to you, I do not speak on My own. Instead, it is the Father dwelling in Me,performing His works. 11Believe Methat I am in the Father and the Father is in Me — or at least believe on account of the worksthemselves.

Jun 16, 2018
no you are twisting what Jesus said and in a very harmful way

how do you enter the kingdom of God? can you do it on your own or did someone have to die in your place?

you are getting bolder in your actual beliefs here and entering the realm of heresy if you believe there is any kingdom of God without Jesus sacrificing his life for us

Jesus did not mean what you are saying. your views are not what Jesus taught

John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth on him should not perish, but have eternal life.

God sent His Son to die in our place for our sins. If you do not believe that, and because of what you said in the post I am responding to I am not really sure that you do, then you are not saved
Yes Jesus came to die for our sins. That is bible school 101.
But read the scripture Luke 4.43 (take note that is in his own words)

Jan 6, 2018
Yes Jesus came to die for our sins. That is bible school 101.
But read the scripture Luke 4.43 (take note that is in his own words)
But you negated Jesus coming to die and give His life as a ransom in Luke 4:43. It doesn't.

just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.”
Matthew 20:28 NIV
https://bible.com/bible/111/mat.20.28.NIV

7seasrekeyed

Church of God apparently

their main emphasis is on the 'kingdom of God' so that explains the 'teaching'

ok well now that I know, I'll not bother because as I stated already, it's just a waste and trying to get a straight answer from an indoctrinated individual trying to indoctrinate anyone who responds is not very fruitful

took awhile to get the truth of the matter though but the pdf gave it away

like speaking to the Sabbath Keepers who fancy themselves more Jewish than Jews or the Adventists or whoever else has all the truth and nothing but the truth and desires to straighten out the rest of us

7seasrekeyed

it maybe a study on the kingdom of God a la teachings of his church, but it is not the teaching of the gospel of Jesus

nothing wrong with studying what Jesus said regarding the kingdom of God

but keeping that in context and with reference to how we enter that kingdom would be in keeping with scripture...not the emphasis on kingdom only and then saying Jesus did not come to die but to usher in the kingdom of God whether now or for the millenial is one of those emphasis in the wrong place type teachings

shame

so I won't be responding anymore to this teaching but do carry on

socalpoppy

May 7, 2018
I won't be hanging around here either. I come to Christian Chat Bible Discussions Forum to discuss, not to be taught by a person trying to school me in his own beliefs with no credentials and having only become a member yesterday. I will turn to the Holy Spirit for my teaching, as well as my local pastor. I will come here to help flesh out more information/views on questions that God is bringing to my mind to further my growth.

Jun 16, 2018
Church of God apparently

their main emphasis is on the 'kingdom of God' so that explains the 'teaching'

ok well now that I know, I'll not bother because as I stated already, it's just a waste and trying to get a straight answer from an indoctrinated individual trying to indoctrinate anyone who responds is not very fruitful

took awhile to get the truth of the matter though but the pdf gave it away

like speaking to the Sabbath Keepers who fancy themselves more Jewish than Jews or the Adventists or whoever else has all the truth and nothing but the truth and desires to straighten out the rest of us
I am not a church of god member

Jun 16, 2018
I won't be hanging around here either. I come to Christian Chat Bible Discussions Forum to discuss, not to be taught by a person trying to school me in his own beliefs with no credentials and having only become a member yesterday. I will turn to the Holy Spirit for my teaching, as well as my local pastor. I will come here to help flesh out more information/views on questions that God is bringing to my mind to further my growth.
I should not be teaching you on the subject I agree this should be common knowledge in christian circles but apparently it is not.
I have noticed when this subject is brought up people automatically think "cult" "heretic" JW or 7 day advent / church of god / mormons etc

Jun 16, 2018
Satan has truely blinded the minds of the unbeliever unto the glorious gospel

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
The Golden Question is how do we seek his kingdom and his righteous in a wicked and adulterous generation.
1 JOHN 2
12 I write unto you, little children, because your sins are forgiven you for his name's sake.

13 I write unto you, fathers, because ye have known him [Christ] that is from the beginning. I write unto you, young men, because ye have overcome the wicked one. I write unto you, little children, because ye have known the Father.

14 I have written unto you, fathers, because ye have known him [Christ] that is from the beginning. I have written unto you, young men, because ye are strong, and the word of God abideth in you, and ye have overcome the wicked one.

15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

2 CORINTHIANS 6
14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?

16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,

18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.