A tattoo

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Why would you get it on your back is that the only place? So you'd only see it in the mirror? Or if someone massages your back - which I'm not gonna do btw.

If its writing, in the mirror it would be back to front.
Wel for one it need a big enough area. But yes perhaps only the significant other, should i find one, will see it. Unless I can get in great shape again and go to a public beech or pool lol. Hebrew is written right to left...
 
well because I know that the Old Testament forbids Israel from them, even though the New testament is silent about it. When I've brough this up to other well-read Christians that's usually the first thing i here so i was just negating that up front.

No I'm no trying to troll anyone... However the fact that the tattoos is claiming to be a Jewish heretic, albeit true, I just was wondering if it is too over the top.

And yes, not many would get to see it.

That sends me right back to my initial confusion. Why did you bother starting the thread? Are you trying to get someone to argue you out of getting a tattoo? Are you hoping someone will argue that you should not, so you can practice arguing that you should? I'm not sure what your objective is here.
 
That sends me right back to my initial confusion. Why did you bother starting the thread? Are you trying to get someone to argue you out of getting a tattoo? Are you hoping someone will argue that you should not, so you can practice arguing that you should? I'm not sure what your objective is here.
Just want to know peoples opinions... Some will think its ok, and some will not... just a qustion
 
Just want to know peoples opinions... Some will think its ok, and some will not... just a qustion
Well I'm not getting any. I can't think of anything important enough to engrave that permanently. Even Calvin and Hobbes is not that important.

What do I think about YOUR tattoo plans? I don't. It's not my business. That's your business.

If you're asking for random people's random advice, I would advise against it. But I'm not going to argue a lot about it. There's multiple reasons to not do it, and the one reason you have for doing it seems pretty nebulous. But your decision not going to affect my enjoyment of sushi tonight or how I play front mission 2.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Genipher
Well I'm not getting any. I can't think of anything important enough to engrave that permanently. Even Calvin and Hobbes is not that important.

What do I think about YOUR tattoo plans? I don't. It's not my business. That's your business.

If you're asking for random people's random advice, I would advise against it. But I'm not going to argue a lot about it. There's multiple reasons to not do it, and the one reason you have for doing it seems pretty nebulous. But your decision not going to affect my enjoyment of sushi tonight or how I play front mission 2.
Im thinking more along the lines of a cryptic message to the medical examiner that does my autopsy and leaving clues also in my house and so on so that if and when i die via car wreck, violence, heart attack or whatever it will create a conspiracy theory as to what happened. Just leaving a trail of endless clues that may or may not mean anything.
 
Im thinking more along the lines of a cryptic message to the medical examiner that does my autopsy and leaving clues also in my house and so on so that if and when i die via car wreck, violence, heart attack or whatever it will create a conspiracy theory as to what happened. Just leaving a trail of endless clues that may or may not mean anything.
Oh...

That could be dangerous. As Sherlock once observed, circumstantial evidence can look pretty condemning when you look at it from one perspective, but it can make a completely different conclusion look equally certain if you shift your perspective.

To wit: You might condemn a totally random person to life in prison for your murder someday, because they misinterpreted all those "clues" and thought that person was guilty.
 
Oh...

That could be dangerous. As Sherlock once observed, circumstantial evidence can look pretty condemning when you look at it from one perspective, but it can make a completely different conclusion look equally certain if you shift your perspective.

To wit: You might condemn a totally random person to life in prison for your murder someday, because they misinterpreted all those "clues" and thought that person was guilty.
Well, I will try to keep that from happening unless i find someone whom I want to condemn, i guess. I use to run large dungeons & dragons games for years... I can certainly plot things and redirect (misdirect) people with clues. All my tattoos have significance to my spirituality, and some additionally are tied to relations I've had (good or bad). So, there's a lot to work with heh .
 
Jesus is the completion of Judaism, and any beleif that doesn't uphold Jesus as the Messiah is a false beleif.

Hebrews are the root of our salvation in Christ, so there is nothing wrong with Hebrew in itself.

Any christian who can read hebrew might see your back and simply think you're calling yourself a proud heritic, which isn't something that will bode too well.

That being said, it's much better to repent of and avoid contentious behaviors and provocations altogether, as God explicitly states in many places that he is a God of peace, who hates all unrighteousness, pride, and falsehood.
If you would take the time, the online Bible in my signature is ad-free and clear to read. Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John will show you what I mean.
 
Jesus is the completion of Judaism, and any beleif that doesn't uphold Jesus as the Messiah is a false beleif.

Hebrews are the root of our salvation in Christ, so there is nothing wrong with Hebrew in itself.

Any christian who can read hebrew might see your back and simply think you're calling yourself a proud heritic, which isn't something that will bode too well.

That being said, it's much better to repent of and avoid contentious behaviors and provocations altogether, as God explicitly states in many places that he is a God of peace, who hates all unrighteousness, pride, and falsehood.
If you would take the time, the online Bible in my signature is ad-free and clear to read. Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John will show you what I mean.
Well for clarity, it would be a statement that as a Christian I would be a heretic to Judaism. Jesus, while a Jew ushered in a new better way of belief and fulfilled the entire point of Judaism. There is nothing to repent for. If someone were to find my corpse I would hope they would determine that I was believer in Christ from that tattoo. I will concede it may be a bit on the darker side of humor. But it is what it is.

As for being provocative this is silly because some would say the tattoo of anything is provocative. You can't control others thoughts about everything. Some may think its a bad idea (provocative) to have a cross with Jesus on it on a necklace. this is a frivolous issue.

having a tattoo and someone not liking it isn't contentious on my part, its contentious on theirs. Whereas some would not be bothered by it at all.

More to the point, would be who would actually see the tattoo. The tattoo is a true statement. Paul was an apostate to Judaism for teaching about Jesus. A heretic.
 
There's no problem with what you're doing if you believe it's for a good work, I just want you to be careful that what you do falls in line with what Jesus says;

Matthew 5:17— “Don’t think that I came to destroy the law or the prophets. I didn’t come to destroy, but to fulfill. For most certainly, I tell you, until heaven and earth pass away, not even one smallest letter or one tiny pen stroke shall in any way pass away from the law, until all things are accomplished. Therefore, whoever shall break one of these least commandments and teach others to do so, shall be called least in the Kingdom of Heaven; but whoever shall do and teach them shall be called great in the Kingdom of Heaven. For I tell you that unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, there is no way you will enter into the Kingdom of Heaven.
“You have heard that it was said to the ancient ones, ‘You shall not murder;’ and ‘Whoever murders will be in danger of the judgment.’ But I tell you that everyone who is angry with his brother without a cause will be in danger of the judgment. Whoever says to his brother, ‘Raca!’ will be in danger of the council. Whoever says, ‘You fool!’ will be in danger of the fire of Gehenna.
“If therefore you are offering your gift at the altar, and there remember that your brother has anything against you, leave your gift there before the altar, and go your way. First be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift. Agree with your adversary quickly while you are with him on the way; lest perhaps the prosecutor deliver you to the judge, and the judge deliver you to the officer, and you be cast into prison. Most certainly I tell you, you shall by no means get out of there until you have paid the last penny.
“You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall not commit adultery;’ but I tell you that everyone who gazes at a woman to lust after her has committed adultery with her already in his heart. If your right eye causes you to stumble, pluck it out and throw it away from you. For it is more profitable for you that one of your members should perish than for your whole body to be cast into Gehenna. If your right hand causes you to stumble, cut it off, and throw it away from you. For it is more profitable for you that one of your members should perish, than for your whole body to be cast into Gehenna.
“It was also said, ‘Whoever shall put away his wife, let him give her a writing of divorce,’ but I tell you that whoever puts away his wife, except for the cause of sexual immorality, makes her an adulteress; and whoever marries her when she is put away commits adultery.
“Again you have heard that it was said to the ancient ones, ‘You shall not make false vows, but shall perform to the Lord your vows, but I tell you, don’t swear at all: neither by heaven, for it is the throne of God; nor by the earth, for it is the footstool of his feet; nor by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the great King. Neither shall you swear by your head, for you can’t make one hair white or black. But let your ‘Yes’ be ‘Yes’ and your ‘No’ be ‘No.’ Whatever is more than these is of the evil one.
“You have heard that it was said, ‘An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth.’ But I tell you, don’t resist him who is evil; but whoever strikes you on your right cheek, turn to him the other also. If anyone sues you to take away your coat, let him have your cloak also. Whoever compels you to go one mile, go with him two. Give to him who asks you, and don’t turn away him who desires to borrow from you.
“You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I tell you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who mistreat you and persecute you, that you may be children of your Father who is in heaven. For he makes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the just and the unjust. For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Don’t even the tax collectors do the same? If you only greet your friends, what more do you do than others? Don’t even the tax collectors do the same? Therefore you shall be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect."

Because,

Matthew 7:21— “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the Kingdom of Heaven, but he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will tell me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, didn’t we prophesy in your name, in your name cast out demons, and in your name do many mighty works?’ Then I will tell them, ‘I never knew you. Depart from me, you who work iniquity.’
“Everyone therefore who hears these words of mine and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it didn’t fall, for it was founded on the rock. Everyone who hears these words of mine and doesn’t do them will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand. The rain came down, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it fell—and its fall was great.”
 
I think Jews just called non-Jews Gentiles or Goyim, they wouldn't have called you a heretic unless you were already Jewish and circumcised.
 
Personally to me tattoos are gross , never liked them , I guess I got that from the Lord . They are associated with paganism if you read what God thinks . Hey people let’s seek things that please God !

I also consider things like that very unappealing.
Back when I was 4 or 5 years old my Dad had the tattoo talk with me. I probably wondered why since I wasn't planning on going to the tattoo parlor when I turned 6. 😄

Maybe it was because I saw the bald eagle 🦅 on his tricep.
He was such a good Dad.
He explained how it became ugly after a couple years, how he regretted it, about the peer pressure in the military. He gave me every reason he could think of why I should never even consider it.

That was very wise because even Cracker Jacks had washable tattoos as a prize.
Popeye the Sailor Man had an anchor.
Cigarette companies manufactured candy and bubble gum cigarettes.
I used to walk down the hallway at school with a ball point pen in my mouth that looked like a cigar to fake out friends and teachers. 😎🚬
.
Looking back I have no regrets for not becoming addicted to cigarettes or getting an ex girlfriend's name on my shoulder. I don't have any marks to regret.....by the grace of God and a loving Dad.
 
  • Like
Reactions: BBerean
Personally to me tattoos are gross , never liked them , I guess I got that from the Lord . They are associated with paganism if you read what God thinks . Hey people let’s seek things that please God !
Whatsoever ye eat or drink or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.
 
I mean just think for a moment, you'll appear before God on Judgment Day and you'll have "heretic" literally stamped upon you..........

. Or perhaps this is the moment you become wise and just cancel this idea and this is the moment you repented of your tattoos and got the old ones exorcisized and truly broke the power of Satan's inky chains imprinted upon your flesh. Praise Jesus.
 
Romans 12 v 1 ,2
I beseech you therefore , brethern , by the mercies of God , that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy , acceptable unto God , which is your reasonable service . And be not conformed to this world ….
 
  • Like
Reactions: HealthAndHappiness
Well for clarity, it would be a statement that as a Christian I would be a heretic to Judaism. Jesus, while a Jew ushered in a new better way of belief and fulfilled the entire point of Judaism. There is nothing to repent for. If someone were to find my corpse I would hope they would determine that I was believer in Christ from that tattoo. I will concede it may be a bit on the darker side of humor. But it is what it is.

As for being provocative this is silly because some would say the tattoo of anything is provocative. You can't control others thoughts about everything. Some may think its a bad idea (provocative) to have a cross with Jesus on it on a necklace. this is a frivolous issue.

having a tattoo and someone not liking it isn't contentious on my part, its contentious on theirs. Whereas some would not be bothered by it at all.

More to the point, would be who would actually see the tattoo. The tattoo is a true statement. Paul was an apostate to Judaism for teaching about Jesus. A heretic.
Communication is a two-way street.

misinterpretation.png


Of course it's not feasible to take personal responsibility for how every single person perceives what you say. But it's also not very productive to cover your ears and shout logically correct statements into the void. There is a middle ground between the two extremes, and it can be very productive.