'a thousand years' in the OT meant a long unmeasured period of time.
on the throne of David in Heaven (Acts 2.30 on)
And it says that where in Scripture...?
'a thousand years' in the OT meant a long unmeasured period of time.
on the throne of David in Heaven (Acts 2.30 on)
Correct.
Incorrect. Partial preterists say some were fulfilled 2nd/1st century BC, some in Christ's day and some at the second coming, which is true,.
Incorrect again. Partial preterists believe that parts of Revelation were fulfilled in 1st and 2nd centuries AD, but the fufilment is continuous and goes on to the second coming,.
No. many believe at the time of Christ's resurrection,
[/B]
Just a friendly correction
Tradition in hubby's family and my family includes when someone is going to get married the entire family has to meet the future-spouse first. (Agonizing, if you are that person. A lot of fun to be had if you're not. lol)When our Bible study group did Rev. people were shocked when I told them that a significant number of Christians, and denominations believed this preterist doctrine.
I had no idea how pervasive this belief was til I came to CC.
i'm a partial preterist, but we're still friends.
see folks? it can be done!
i remember how hard it was to learn a different eschatological view like my mind was a tabula rasa.
eh, who am i kidding, my 'mind' is usually blank!![]()
Tradition in hubby's family and my family includes when someone is going to get married the entire family has to meet the future-spouse first. (Agonizing, if you are that person. A lot of fun to be had if you're not. lol)
My BIL (John's brother) brought his future-wife to dinner at our house. We're all believers, so we went with the usual conversations between believers. We were her first. According to Kayla's and Valiant's definition we're not particularly any kind of preterists either. (I simply don't care what Daniel's prophecy meant. Oops.) But she was a PK (Preacher's Kid), still a believer, and her father is firmly cemented in pre-trib. She was about 24 years old, and we were the first Christians she met who didn't hold to pre-trib.
As I said, lots of fun to be had. lol
We didn't mean to shock her, but the poor woman was stuck somewhere between trying to make her future-hubby's family like her and trying to figure out how anyone cannot be pre-trib and a Christian. No minds were changed. Their kids are all believers. The middle one just got married and the oldest just announced his engagement, but it was fun.
Yes! I'd rather be wrong on the rapture, preterist stuff, then NOT be friends with this beautiful, caring sister!
Ancient Hebrew numbers also mean words. Like 7 means "complete, perfect, God."And it says that where in Scripture...?
Yes. I need the Lord to keep me straight on that point. I hammered several people in the past,and regret that, and still have to be reminded, that The Gospel is the only doctrine that we need to go on the mat for.i love you, too, Ed.
i think this is where we can go wrong on the boards, being dogmatic about eschatology to the exclusion of caring for the body.
y-o-u taught me that. ♥
Sure. Still friends with my SIL too.
Well I believe pre-trib. Still friends?![]()
Whispering so Ed doesn't hear: (He's annoying like that, isn't he?)i love you, too, Ed.
i think this is where we can go wrong on the boards, being dogmatic about eschatology to the exclusion of caring for the body.
y-o-u taught me that. ♥
Sure. Still friends with my SIL too.
I really don't think End Time views are all that important. I strongly suspect God will have a large lecture room to explain where we were ALL wrong when we get there. lol
Tradition in hubby's family and my family includes when someone is going to get married the entire family has to meet the future-spouse first. (Agonizing, if you are that person. A lot of fun to be had if you're not. lol)
My BIL (John's brother) brought his future-wife to dinner at our house. We're all believers, so we went with the usual conversations between believers. We were her first. According to Kayla's and Valiant's definition we're not particularly any kind of preterists either. (I simply don't care what Daniel's prophecy meant. Oops.) But she was a PK (Preacher's Kid), still a believer, and her father is firmly cemented in pre-trib. She was about 24 years old, and we were the first Christians she met who didn't hold to pre-trib.
As I said, lots of fun to be had. lol
We didn't mean to shock her, but the poor woman was stuck somewhere between trying to make her future-hubby's family like her and trying to figure out how anyone cannot be pre-trib and a Christian. No minds were changed. Their kids are all believers. The middle one just got married and the oldest just announced his engagement, but it was fun.
Whispering so Ed doesn't hear: (He's annoying like that, isn't he?)
I'm the left ring-toe. (If people put rings on toes like we do on fingers.)lol! he's wonderful. when i was down on myself for not going and doing, he gently reminded me there's no body part that's unnecessary, and all fulfill their function as God has determined it.
i sorta love the way this thread has turned.![]()
Yeah, but can you pronounce it? Once I learn a new word from writing, I take forever to figure out how to pronounce it properly. (Really bad when it comes to plants. lol)Wow, I am a preterist. Always something new to learn about myself.
I can add this term to dozen of others. Not sure how is this useful, though.
And it says that where in Scripture...?
"Just?" Kind of like saying, "just check every reference for Lord/LORD." Not quite as long a list, but it's going to be a lot of work to do a word study on "a thousand."Just check each reference to 'a thousand'. you'll soon learn )
start with 'a thousand generations'
Yeah, but can you pronounce it? Once I learn a new word from writing, I take forever to figure out how to pronounce it properly. (Really bad when it comes to plants. lol)
Pret'-er-ist.
I do not know what exactly is a preterist, but the meteor shower and sun going darkened is quite a frequent event. You can google some of them.
And red moon? I have seen it just last year.
It always depends on where you live. I suppose Christ was talking about it being visible from the middle east. Because these events can be all seen in few decades, I think Christ said that the destruction of Jerusalem will come in their life.