A way I found to remove plaque from my teeth

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

MyrtleTrees

Sep 5, 2014
Hi! I found a way to remove plaque from my teeth! Brushing my teeth with typical toothpaste and a toothbrush in the past, was never sufficient, I noticed (for many years) - to remove plaque from my teeth. Now, in recent years, I brush my teeth with saltwater. And more recently, I heated it up first in the microwave till as hot as I can bear, each time. After which I brushed my teeth and rinsed with clear water. But still, that didn't remove plaque, either, I found when I scraped my teeth to test for it, with tooth pick or a fingernail. But finally, I thought of the idea of making a little sock out of it with cotton blend fabric. I put my toothbrush in it, after brushing my teeth first without it. And then brush my teeth again with that sock on the brush. And I find that it cleans all that gooey, white plaque off my teeth! At least all it can reach - which is much better than before! I plan to keep using this method. I hope to preserve my teeth for as long as is possible, and I'm 62. Teeth are helpful for chewing, and I'm sure I'd miss them if I lost them all. And because of allergies, etc. fake teeth might not work for me anyhow.

Mak33

Nov 12, 2019
I am a dentist, you can use cotton gauze to do that also if it helps, make sure the cloths are clean, also you must use a very soft tooth brush when brushing normally without the cloth and just do a gentle brushing, tooth brushes are abrasive and can cause tooth surface to worn out overtime on the gum line of the tooth esp when brushing very hard.
Keep it up. 😁👍🏼

Feb 28, 2016
just a share:

many years ago I took care of a good neighbor's Father who was a retired military Commander of a sub,
and he told me that when he was 'out to sea', that he used 'salt' to clean his teeth...
I have to say, that he had very, very nice TEETH, and.
he was in his 80's...

MyrtleTrees

Sep 5, 2014
I am a dentist, you can use cotton gauze to do that also if it helps, make sure the cloths are clean, also you must use a very soft tooth brush when brushing normally without the cloth and just do a gentle brushing, tooth brushes are abrasive and can cause tooth surface to worn out overtime on the gum line of the tooth esp when brushing very hard.
Keep it up. 😁👍🏼
Interesting that you're a dentist, and that you approve of the idea of cleaning one's teeth in similar way as I suggested! I never heard of a dentist suggesting gauze for removal of plaque. But yes, I agree - it would basically be the same idea as mine. And as I said, I have found that it works! And it works on all tooth surfaces, smooth or bumpy surfaces of teeth. And thanks for the advice about taking care not to brush teeth too hard and to use a toothbrush with soft bristles!

Mak33

Nov 12, 2019
Interesting that you're a dentist, and that you approve of the idea of cleaning one's teeth in similar way as I suggested! I never heard of a dentist suggesting gauze for removal of plaque. But yes, I agree - it would basically be the same idea as mine. And as I said, I have found that it works! And it works on all tooth surfaces, smooth or bumpy surfaces of teeth. And thanks for the advice about taking care not to brush teeth too hard and to use a toothbrush with soft bristles!
You're welcome, I do that also, I used gauze. It is also similar to when you clean a baby's teeth or tongue with a cloth, since a baby can not hold still for a tooth brush parents uses a cloth, to clean milk stains, it's the same thing.
😊

Mak33

Nov 12, 2019
just a share:

many years ago I took care of a good neighbor's Father who was a retired military Commander of a sub,
and he told me that when he was 'out to sea', that he used 'salt' to clean his teeth...
I have to say, that he had very, very nice TEETH, and.
he was in his 80's...
The fine granule table salt is okay to use from time to time but not everyday in my opinion, do not use rock salt because it is abrasive to the gum area and the smooth surface of the tooth, also sometimes when brushing we tend to exert too much effort which is not good, (hard tooth brush itself is already abrasive plus salt which is also abrasive) using it everyday is not good in the long run.
salt is good for sores, it can be use as gargle with warm water to relieve some minor inflammation, pain and swelling, also has an anti-bacterial properties, It has been used for tooth brushing in the olden days in primitive areas before toothpaste was invented, anyway you can also substitute or alternate with baking soda.
(This are okay to use esp if we have a heavy stains like tobacco, coffee, tea stains that are hard to get by just using a tooth brush, the granule itself is the one acting and scraping off those stains, but I don't recommend to use it on everyday basis as it is still abrasive on the already smooth areas of the tooth even if using a finer granules)

To maintain a good and healthy teeth, every meal try to rinse with water, esp when consuming a sugary and starchy stuff (milk, juice, soda, candy, bread, pasta, rice) everything with sugar and carbohydrates when mixed with saliva will form plaque. Make sure to use a floss to clean the in-between of the teeth, rather than toothpick.

Use a very soft tooth brush, do not use hard brushes, I always advice my patients to brush longer but gently, rather than brushing harder in 5-10 seconds time.

Must go to the dentist to have a routine check up , do a prophylaxis / cleaning very 6months or at least every year.

Prevention is still the best treatment and remedy.
☺️

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Just wondering if cotton buds would work just as well, or do you just wrap a fresh guaze arund your brush every time.

Mak33

Nov 12, 2019
Just wondering if cotton buds would work just as well, or do you just wrap a fresh guaze arund your brush every time.
Hi, I don't do this very often, what I do is just plain cotton gauze or any cloth would do like handkerchief or an old cotton t-shirt or alike, I don't use the brush with it though just wrap my index finger and run through the front surfaces of the tooth and the edges and in between each teeth, then I brush afterwards, so for the cotton buds I don't think it would work as cottons tend to separate from each other and buds are dense so it wont be able to clean the deep curves and edges of the tooth. Hope it helps.

Happy2020

Oct 5, 2020
Hi, I don't do this very often, what I do is just plain cotton gauze or any cloth would do like handkerchief or an old cotton t-shirt or alike, I don't use the brush with it though just wrap my index finger and run through the front surfaces of the tooth and the edges and in between each teeth, then I brush afterwards, so for the cotton buds I don't think it would work as cottons tend to separate from each other and buds are dense so it wont be able to clean the deep curves and edges of the tooth. Hope it helps.
Awesome advice! Thank you very much!

Siegmeyer

Jul 7, 2021
Brushing your teeth at least twice a day is the most effective technique to eliminate plaque. Use a gentle toothbrush that you should change every three to four months when the bristles start to fray. You might also use an electric toothbrush, which is more effective than a standard toothbrush at removing plaque. Besides, if you want to keep your teeth in perfect condition, check out this site https://acceleratemypractice.com. This is a company of experts that helps students reach a better lever. You can consult them and find out all the steps you need to follow to maintain your shiny smile.