AA (Alcoholics Anonymous) is Satanic!!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Magenta -

Many Blessings to you for posting all of that !! A few years back I belonged to a 12-step group that helped me overcome a serious addiction - a 12-step based on AA principles. Many of AA's steps can be found in the account of Jesus' encounter with Zacchaeus. If it had not been for that group, I shudder to think of where I might be today...and I've seen some hard times!!

It may be interesting to note that AA was nearly called "The James Group". In the early days - before the formal formation of any group or steps - Bill W and Dr Bob would gather with other recovering alcoholics and they would read from scripture. Many times they would go through the book of James.
Thank you so much, exegete, and many blessings to you also! I find it somewhat disturbing when people who do not understand the program go to such lengths to diss it. The fact that it has helped many turn their lives around, including you and me and @Bingo and @calibob and countless others numbering into the millions worldwide should not be taken lightly :) Rarely have we seen a person fail who has thoroughly followed our path... how thorough are we? None of us are perfect, but we each do the best we can with what we have, one day at a time, and for this I am grateful :)

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
Thank you so much, exegete, and many blessings to you also! I find it somewhat disturbing when people who do not understand the program go to such lengths to diss it. The fact that it has helped many turn their lives around, including you and me and @Bingo and @calibob and countless others numbering into the millions worldwide should not be taken lightly :) Rarely have we seen a person fail who has thoroughly followed our path... how thorough are we? None of us are perfect, but we each do the best we can with what we have, one day at a time, and for this I am grateful :)

"Amen"!

Sep 13, 2018
HOW IT WORKS from AA's Big Book

Rarely have we seen a person fail who has thoroughly followed our path. Those who do not recover are people who cannot or will not completely give themselves to this simple program, usually men and women who are constitutionally incapable of being honest with themselves. There are such unfortunates. They are not at fault; they seem to have been born that way. They are naturally incapable of grasping and developing a manner of living which demands rigorous honesty. Their chances are less than average. There are those, too, who suffer from grave emotional and mental disorders, but many of them do recover if they have the capacity to be honest.

Our stories disclose in a general way what we used to be like, what happened, and what we are like now. If you have decided you want what we have and are willing to go to any length to get it — then you are ready to take certain steps.

At some of these we balked. We thought we could find an easier, softer way. But we could not. With all the earnestness at our command, we beg of you to be fearless and thorough from the very start. Some of us have tried to hold on to our old ideas and the result was nil until we let go absolutely.

Remember that we deal with alcohol — cunning, baffling, powerful! Without help it is too much for us. But there is One who has all power — that One is God. May you find Him now!

Half measures availed us nothing. We stood at the turning point. We asked His protection and care with complete abandon.

Here are the steps we took, which are suggested as a program of recovery:

1. We admitted we were powerless over alcohol — that our lives had become unmanageable.

2. Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.

3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him.

4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.

5. Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.

6. Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.

7. Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings. 8. Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.

9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.

10. Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.

11. Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.

12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to alcoholics, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.

Many of us exclaimed, “What an order! I can’t go through with it.’’ Do not be discouraged. No one among us has been able to maintain anything like perfect adherence to these principles. We are not saints. The point is, that we are willing to grow along spiritual lines. The principles we have set down are guides to progress. We claim spiritual progress rather than spiritual perfection.

Our description of the alcoholic, the chapter to the agnostic, and our personal adventures before and after make clear three pertinent ideas:

(a) That we were alcoholic and could not manage our own lives.

(b) That probably no human power could have relieved our alcoholism.

(c) That God could and would if He were sought.

Take hold of the Scriptural promise: if you seek, you will find.
Thank you sweetheart. You have wisdom beyond your years...

H

Heart_Melody

Please seek professional help for your bizarre obsession to demons..
right- but we should all be super obsessed with cats cuz they the best. The more the less unhealthy <3

H

Heart_Melody

Aa was not meant to be "christian only" which is actually great.
It brings many people a step closer to being open to Christianity and God - and it definitely can restore dignity to a human and help restore relationships, jobs and life quality.
My room mate was atheist all his life - and he is now an agnostic. Granted he wants a God who will allow him to live in sin - BUT he at least believes in a god now!

That is a huge step and he has gone from an alcoholic about to loose his liver - to recovering and living 12 years beyond what doctors had predicted.

But if you prefer a "christian aa" there is "Celebrate Recovery" by Rick warren (and another co author). I have been through this program to try and deal with my abandonment issues and it helped to restore my relationship to my mom somewhat.

right now my roomie is sponsoring a young man who is trying to get his life back on track to be a good daddy to his kids. And two days ago he relapsed. Please pray for him. This quarantine is really getting to everyone - there is no work to distract from the "thirst".
:(

ev4989

Apr 17, 2020
right- but we should all be super obsessed with cats cuz they the best. The more the less unhealthy <3

actually, study's show Dogs love their owners 5 times more than cats do and another study shows owners choose the pet that resembles them so... what does that say about you?

Sep 13, 2018
It brings many people a step closer to being open to Christianity and God - and it definitely can restore dignity to a human and help restore relationships, jobs and life quality.
My room mate was atheist all his life - and he is now an agnostic. Granted he wants a God who will allow him to live in sin - BUT he at least believes in a god now!

That is a huge step and he has gone from an alcoholic about to loose his liver - to recovering and living 12 years beyond what doctors had predicted.

But if you prefer a "christian aa" there is "Celebrate Recovery" by Rick warren (and another co author). I have been through this program to try and deal with my abandonment issues and it helped to restore my relationship to my mom somewhat.

right now my roomie is sponsoring a young man who is trying to get his life back on track to be a good daddy to his kids. And two days ago he relapsed. Please pray for him. This quarantine is really getting to everyone - there is no work to distract from the "thirst".

Sorry, unfortunately A.A. does'nt deal with "daddy issues" or anything of the sort. They deal with life and death issues such as alcohol addiction. You or he may want to seek psychiatric help if you are visiting due to covid 19, you may want to call ahead...

Sep 13, 2018
actually, study's show Dogs love their owners 5 times more than cats do and another study shows owners choose the pet that resembles them so... what does that say about you?
Now that's a Ginsburn! LOL...

H

Heart_Melody

It shows you're in a bad mood :)
I don't have a cat but I like them - and I like dogs too

H

Heart_Melody

Sorry, unfortunately A.A. does'nt deal with "daddy issues" or anything of the sort. They deal with life and death issues such as alcohol addiction. You or he may want to seek psychiatric help if you are visiting due to covid 19, you may want to call ahead...
It's called "Celebrate Recovery" as you would understand if you actually took time to read the post my dear. Not AA.

H

Heart_Melody

Oh and I reported you btw. I am tired of your harassment :) Just so you know

ev4989

Apr 17, 2020
It shows you're in a bad mood :)
I don't have a cat but I like them - and I like dogs too
no, I just think you come on here preaching about things you are ignorant on then when someone calls you out on it, you react with an irrelevant meme.

H

Heart_Melody

no, I am in a great mood I just think it is foolish of you to comment on things ignorant on then when you are called out on it you post a meme that is irrelevant to the post.
Are you the "relevance police?"
It had nothing to do with you - it was relevant to her post who I am talking to - so why do you even bother with it?
Must be lonely on that hill of indignation and self-righteousness - toot your little horn and throw some confetti.

Also the way this Post STARTED it was already super weird and random. AA is SATANIC? must be kidding me.

and thirdly - your little "assumption" of who I am or what I am like based on your little "research shows" just means you can google. So what? Pat yourself on the back you definitely deserve an award for that. I might clap for you. But oh wait - I won't. Cuz I ain't got time.

Tudlu - and oh yeah this conversation is over :)

ev4989

Apr 17, 2020
Are you the "relevance police?"
It had nothing to do with you - it was relevant to her post who I am talking to - so why do you even bother with it?
Must be lonely on that hill of indignation and self-righteousness - toot your little horn and throw some confetti.

Also the way this Post STARTED it was already super weird and random. AA is SATANIC? must be kidding me.

and thirdly - your little "assumption" of who I am or what I am like based on your little "research shows" just means you can google. So what? Pat yourself on the back you definitely deserve an award for that. I might clap for you. But oh wait - I won't. Cuz I ain't got time.

Tudlu - and oh yeah this conversation is over :)
well, I have no need to keep the conversation going so this is the last thing I am going to say, if you are willing to write a 3 paragraph comment on my opinion obviously it does affect you so I am sorry if this hurt you, but I am just trying to give you perspective.

H

Heart_Melody

Yes it's helped my mom too :) I don't think I would have ever talked to her again if she had not been through AA - plus the last time she drank she got into such a terrible car accident that she ended up in a coma for 2 months and she lost her memories (well partly - mostly anything bad she ever did to us and her family) and it broke her back in so many places.
That being her 6th dui she was placed on house arrest for a year and was only allowed to leave her house for AA...
I think she has been sober now for 17 years. I am super proud of her ;)

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015

Thank you Melody :) Best wishes to your roomie :) I love going to meetings and being able to tell who the Christians are by the content of their share, though generally speaking, because we do not want to scare people away, since so many come in with tremendous "God" issues (including myself originally), talk of the person of Jesus is dialed down considerably in AA. Having said that, even as a non-believer I loved hearing people's God stories. I found them encouraging and inspirational. BTW, John Baker is the author of Celebrate Recovery :D

H

Heart_Melody

Thank you Melody :) Best wishes to your roomie :) I love going to meetings and being able to tell who the Christians are by the content of their share, though generally speaking, because we do not want to scare people away, since so many come in with tremendous "God" issues (including myself originally), talk of the person of Jesus is dialed down considerably in AA. Having said that, even as a non-believer I loved hearing people's God stories. I found them encouraging and inspirational. BTW, John Baker is the author of Celebrate Recovery :D
That's right!
john Baker - that would have bothered me.
Honestly the steps are so tremendously hard to go through! Especially step 4 - When I arrived there I just stopped going to church (which was difficult because I worked there) - but I still managed to hide from all my friends) and I hunkered down in my house, angry at God and overwhelmed with all the inventory.
We had 8 weeks to complete our inventory!

And finally my sweet sponsor (or womens minister) kicked in the door to my house (pretty much) and kidnapped me to some graveyard she liked to visit for reflection and forced me (in a loving way) to tell her whats up.

And then I was pretty defiant and said "Well I didn't do my homework" and she was like "Well we are going to my house and you're not leaving until you are done"

I had no idea she could be so gangstah lol :D But I am so thankful she didn't give up on me lol

And yes - Many people are very hesitant to hear about God -
And so it is good that this is a bridge to patch up that way for them to be receptive to Jesus! Because without Him - there is so little hope - no light at all...

May I ask how many years you've been sober now? If that is ok? And have you been involved in AA the whole time?

H

Heart_Melody

The little chickies look like they are eating that cat alive:eek::oops:o_O:oops::giggle::giggle::giggle::geek:
I was kinda wondering about that - I am thinking they must be kinda like "massaging the cat" I hope - and I bet it's super loud. Baby chicks are loud p.p