Abel's Offering vs Cain's

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016

Yeah sure. The story of Cain and Abel languished in the Old Testament for
centuries just waiting for the Christians to come along and spiritualize it.
They've gone and done the very same thing to Solomon's love song and
distorted its intended purpose too.
_
Christians did not create God as you seem to infer. We are told that Christ was, is, always was from the beginning. Christians did not create salvation, God did. God was alive and well before Adam, even. God is one, not a new God and an old one, but simply God. Christians did not decide that the work of Cain did not save, but the symbolic blood of Christ did save. It was God who did that, not Christians.

May 27, 2019
The god of the bible wasn't pleased when he was offered a sacrifice of vegetation. He was only pleased when a human sacrifice was offered to him, because the smell of burning flesh is, according to the bible, pleasing to the lord.

U

UnderGrace

The god of the bible wasn't pleased when he was offered a sacrifice of vegetation. He was only pleased when a human sacrifice was offered to him, because the smell of burning flesh is, according to the bible, pleasing to the lord.
Where does the Bible state that the smell burning flesh pleases God?

Sep 16, 2014
I really don't care what you think about my list and for that matter...even less when it comes to anything Oral Roberts had to say...Job fully understood his redeemer and the resurrection.......take it up with God and start listening to the word instead of Oral......
That's a strange response from someone claiming to be a follower of Christ! Oral Roberts was not against Christ.
Mark 9:38-41 (KJV)
38 And John answered him, saying, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name, and he followeth not us: and we forbad him, because he followeth not us.
39 But Jesus said, Forbid him not: for there is no man which shall do a miracle in my name, that can lightly speak evil of me.
40 For he that is not against us is on our part.
41 For whosoever shall give you a cup of water to drink in my name, because ye belong to Christ, verily I say unto you, he shall not lose his reward.

If you are indeed a Christian you can absorb that comment with love.

You judge Oral Robert's spirituality? Be judged the same according to Jesus!
Matthew 7:2 (KJV)
2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

He might be one of your accusers at Judgement if you hold him in a false judgment for sure, and for any judgment at all. Preserve your blessing, brothers in Christ.

Your approach to the Cain and Abel offerings is more the side of Judaisers, requiring one must be a Jew to qualify to be a Christian, pleasing God through self offerings unto one's salvation. Even Moses failed to relate the Law to faith unto salvation. Not one of millions of blood sacrifices before that of Jesus produced one salvation.

The offerings of the two brothers evoked the need for the Law to make a spiritual difference between the two offerings, yet all that failed to save anyone eternally. The two men had no stated guidance. Therefore, as noted by Paul, there was no sin concerning the two offerings without law defining sin. They were simply not always accepted by God. Men without commandments had to act upon whatever seemed right in their own hearts. One pleased God and learned from that. Another failed to please God and hopefully learned what does. Cain didn't. That lesson applies to every generation of man, but has little to do with salvation in Christ, else salvation be of works. Abel was recorded and accounted for faith, though Genesis scripture doesn't indicate that. It records the voice of Abel's blood, which at the time was enough to reach God's attention.

Job didn't know of Christ. If he did, then all prophets after him were fools still seeking the truth. His knowledge was partial. If he received the truth of Christ in his time then he would be the greatest prophet instead of John the Baptist.

Sep 16, 2014
Genesis 4:
2 And she again bare his brother Abel. And Abel was a keeper of sheep, but Cain was a tiller of the ground.
(Abel is a shepherd & Cain a farmer)

3 And in process of time it came to pass, that Cain brought of the fruit of the ground an offering unto the LORD.
(NOTE: Each brother brings an offering to the Lord)

4 And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the LORD had respect unto Abel and to his offering:
(NOTE: The fat thereof suggests Abel's offering was burned. In later time's the fat was claimed by the Lord as his own (Lev 7:4-5)

5 But unto Cain and to his offering he had not respect. And Cain was very wroth, and his countenance fell.
(NOTE: The Lord no respect onto Cain's self works offering)

Hebrews 11:4 By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh

1 John 3:12 Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own (SELF) works were evil, and his brother's righteous.

Why was Abel's offering respected And Cain's rejected?

Abel's offering was brought thru faith & a firstling sacrifice.

Cain's offering was bloodless & brought via his own self works . MOO!
Yet the LAW commanded offerings along the line Cain offered. So there was nothing evil about Cain's offering. It was out of order, the timing off. Hos should have come after a blood offering for sin, then his offering of praise and worship to follow. Many in the Church still don't have that figured out!

Sep 16, 2014
Yes, Apostles "sent ones" the meaning of the word. They are prophets sent by God to prophesy (declare the word of God ) prophecy .

There are false apostles that bring false prophecy .

By adding other meanings to the word (apostle) it destroys the intent throughout the bible.

It is liked to plagiarism a form of blasphemy. It violates the warning in Deuteronomy 4 not to add new meaning to a word it can change the out come or intent of the author.

Like with the word apostle.( sent one ) Not those who lord it over the faith of others. Apostles, as sent ones.

Apostleship is a different spiritual gift from prophet. Paul the apostle was ministered to by the prophet Agabus, for instance. See Acts 11 & 21. Prophets were "sent ones" also, but for different purposes.

May 27, 2019
I told you guys, it's because God favors the smell of burning flesh over vegetation as a sacrifice. This is why many famous Christians burned their victims alive as a sacrifice. It is also why the hardcore Christian, Hitler chose to burn the Jews alive

U

UnderGrace

You found it

It may be helpful to you to understand scripture on a deeper level though of types and shadows of the future.

The reason the burnt-offering was a sweet savour to God was because it foreshadowed the sacrifice of Christ, which is also described as a sweet smelling savour:
“And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given Himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet smelling savour” (Eph. 5:2).

May 27, 2019
That makes absolutely no sense, if that was true, the god of the bible would have said so in Genesis.

And you say "You found it" like I didn't know where it was. I knew that verse when I was writing my initial post about the god of the bible being a blood sacrifice loving deity.

U

UnderGrace

I told you guys, it's because God favors the smell of burning flesh over vegetation as a sacrifice. This is why many famous Christians burned their victims alive as a sacrifice. It is also why the hardcore Christian, Hitler chose to burn the Jews alive
It would seem you have limited understanding of the depth of human depravity and how it is completely apart from the nature and character of God of the Bible.

May 27, 2019
It would seem you have limited understanding of the depth of human depravity and how it is completely apart from the nature and character of God of the Bible.
It's quite obvious you had no clue what the nature of the god of the bible is since you had to ask where it says he is pleased with the smell of burning flesh. It's also why in the South the Christians used to lynch blacks and burn the trees.

The word Holocaust is in Hebrew and means a sacrificial burnt offering, like the one the Nazis made through the Jews.

U

UnderGrace

That makes absolutely no sense, if that was true, the god of the bible would have said so in Genesis.

And you say "You found it" like I didn't know where it was. I knew that verse when I was writing my initial post about the god of the bible being a blood sacrifice loving deity.

Makes perfect sense when you understand how God was dealing with fallen man and revealing His plan of redemption, but are you interested in truth or are you desiring to be provocative?

U

UnderGrace

It's quite obvious you had no clue what the nature of the god of the bible is since you had to ask where it says he is pleased with the smell of burning flesh. It's also why in the South the Christians used to lynch blacks and burn the trees.

The word Holocaust is in Hebrew and means a sacrificial burnt offering, like the one the Nazis made through the Jews.
None of what you are writing about has anything to do with biblical revelation or God

May 27, 2019
Makes perfect sense when you understand how God was dealing with fallen man and revealing His plan of redemption, but are you interested in truth or are you desiring to be provocative?
I'm just as into the truth as anybody else on this forum.

Elaborate on this "plan of redemption"

K

kaylagrl

It's why Democrats in the south use to lynch blacks... there fixed it for you.

K

kaylagrl

I'm just as into the truth as anybody else on this forum.

Elaborate on this "plan of redemption"
No, you aren't. At least be truthful about your intent. You won't be here long so it won't matter.