Abomination of Desolation

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
Who did he think who was? Sorry not sure of your question
You said that Jesus thought the temple ruled by people who rejected Christ and a evil high priest was still God's house on the day of the cross.

"
Do you think the temple, ruled by people who rejected christ, in fact the evil high priest entering the holy of holies the day of the cross was considered gods house?

Well jesus thought it was. "

My question to it was: Where did Jesus say He considered it God's house?

E

eternally-gratefull

You said that Jesus thought the temple ruled by people who rejected Christ and a evil high priest was still God's house on the day of the cross.

"
Do you think the temple, ruled by people who rejected christ, in fact the evil high priest entering the holy of holies the day of the cross was considered gods house?

Well jesus thought it was. "

My question to it was: Where did Jesus say He considered it God's house?
Matt 21: Then Jesus went into the temple [d]of God and drove out all those who bought and sold in the temple, and overturned the tables of the money changers and the seats of those who sold doves. 13 And He said to them, “It is written, ‘My house shall be called a house of prayer,’ but you have made it a ‘den of thieves.’ ”

john 2: And He said to those who sold doves, “Take these things away! Do not make My Father’s house a house of merchandise!” 17 Then His disciples remembered that it was written, “Zeal for Your house [c]has eaten Me up.”

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
Matt 21: Then Jesus went into the temple [d]of God and drove out all those who bought and sold in the temple, and overturned the tables of the money changers and the seats of those who sold doves. 13 And He said to them, “It is written, ‘My house shall be called a house of prayer,’ but you have made it a ‘den of thieves.’ ”

john 2: And He said to those who sold doves, “Take these things away! Do not make My Father’s house a house of merchandise!” 17 Then His disciples remembered that it was written, “Zeal for Your house [c]has eaten Me up.”
Its true but what about after the resurrection? Its a different time, different covenant.

But I feel you, perhaps, it can still technically be called a holy of holies centuries later. Reason I brought it up is because I remember reading from the book of Hebrews that Jesus went to the heavenly holy of holies or something like that. I will look that up:

Heb 9:3 And after the second veil, the tabernacle which is called the Holiest of all;
Heb 9:4 Which had the golden censer, and the ark of the covenant overlaid round about with gold, wherein was the golden pot that had manna, and Aaron's rod that budded, and the tables of the covenant;
Heb 9:5 And over it the cherubims of glory shadowing the mercyseat; of which we cannot now speak particularly.
Heb 9:6 Now when these things were thus ordained, the priests went always into the first tabernacle, accomplishing the service of God.
Heb 9:7 But into the second went the high priest alone once every year, not without blood, which he offered for himself, and for the errors of the people:
Heb 9:8 The Holy Ghost this signifying, that the way into the holiest of all was not yet made manifest, while as the first tabernacle was yet standing:
Heb 9:9 Which was a figure for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience;
Heb 9:10 Which stood only in meats and drinks, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed on them until the time of reformation.
Heb 9:11 But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building;
Heb 9:12 Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

Basically: Contrasting the previous and current situation in the book of hebrews. Its clear Jesus went to a more perfect tabernacle NOT made with hands and He entered into it once, the previous tabernacle is "ready to vanish away" written in 1st century at Heb 8:13.

Thats my biggest issue with it, TODAY after the resurrection it seems from the book of Hebrews that nobody cares about no earthly temples no more.

E

eternally-gratefull

Its true but what about after the resurrection? Its a different time, different covenant.

But I feel you, perhaps, it can still technically be called a holy of holies centuries later. Reason I brought it up is because I remember reading from the book of Hebrews that Jesus went to the heavenly holy of holies or something like that. I will look that up:

Heb 9:3 And after the second veil, the tabernacle which is called the Holiest of all;
Heb 9:4 Which had the golden censer, and the ark of the covenant overlaid round about with gold, wherein was the golden pot that had manna, and Aaron's rod that budded, and the tables of the covenant;
Heb 9:5 And over it the cherubims of glory shadowing the mercyseat; of which we cannot now speak particularly.
Heb 9:6 Now when these things were thus ordained, the priests went always into the first tabernacle, accomplishing the service of God.
Heb 9:7 But into the second went the high priest alone once every year, not without blood, which he offered for himself, and for the errors of the people:
Heb 9:8 The Holy Ghost this signifying, that the way into the holiest of all was not yet made manifest, while as the first tabernacle was yet standing:
Heb 9:9 Which was a figure for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience;
Heb 9:10 Which stood only in meats and drinks, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed on them until the time of reformation.
Heb 9:11 But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building;
Heb 9:12 Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

Basically: Contrasting the previous and current situation in the book of hebrews. Its clear Jesus went to a more perfect tabernacle NOT made with hands and He entered into it once, the previous tabernacle is "ready to vanish away" written in 1st century at Heb 8:13.

Thats my biggest issue with it, TODAY after the resurrection it seems from the book of Hebrews that nobody cares about no earthly temples no more.
Does not matter

OT prophecies speak of a future temple which will be built, in fact jesus will rule from that temple, and all nations of the world will be reqired to come worship him there, or suffer penalty for their sin

It does not matter how that temple is built or who builds it, we know it will be built

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
Does not matter

OT prophecies speak of a future temple which will be built, in fact jesus will rule from that temple, and all nations of the world will be reqired to come worship him there, or suffer penalty for their sin

It does not matter how that temple is built or who builds it, we know it will be built
What about the book of Hebrews where its a HEAVENLY one. Always interpret OT in light of the NT. In my opinion atleast!

But we shall see whats gonna happen. It does look like a certain sect is working hard to get the temple rebuilt, but most israelis are just as soft as westerners and cant handle animal sacrifices because "animal rights" and other animal worship we got going on here!
IF they can overcome that obstacle and the bickering amongst themselves on the location of where its supposed to be, they will get it done, they got everything READY n SET!

At that point its evident to everyone that THIS IS IT. (Or atleast would be to ME)

E

eternally-gratefull

What about the book of Hebrews where its a HEAVENLY one. Always interpret OT in light of the NT. In my opinion atleast!

But we shall see whats gonna happen. It does look like a certain sect is working hard to get the temple rebuilt, but most israelis are just as soft as westerners and cant handle animal sacrifices because "animal rights" and other animal worship we got going on here!
IF they can overcome that obstacle and the bickering amongst themselves on the location of where its supposed to be, they will get it done, they got everything READY n SET!

At that point its evident to everyone that THIS IS IT. (Or atleast would be to ME)
Yes there will be a heavenly one

The fact people will be punished with no rain for failing to go to herusalem and worship jesus proves however, that temple is not in heaven, it is on earth, there is no sin in heaven.

E

eternally-gratefull

In hebrew daniel chapter 9

Abomination - 9199 שִׁקּוּץ (šiq·qûṣ): n.masc.; ≡ Str 8251; TWOT 2459b—1. LN 53.33–53.40 vileness, i.e., a state of detestable uncleanness (Hos 9:10+); 2. LN 53.33–53.40 vile idol, i.e., an idol, and the pagan god which it represents, with a special focus of being an abominable, repulsive thing which causes covenantal uncleanness (Dt 29:16[EB 17]; 1Ki 11:5, 7; 2Ki 23:13,24; 2Ch 15:8; Isa 66:3; Jer 4:1; 7:30; 13:27; 16:18; 32:34; Eze 5:11; 7:20; 11:18, 21; 20:7, 8, 30; 37:23+), see also domain LN 6.96–6.101; 3. LN 53.33–53.40 filth, i.e., a vile object which can be thrown, and contact brings abhorrence and uncleanness (Na 3:6+); 4. LN 53.33–53.40 forbidden food, i.e., any of the food which cause uncleanness (Zec 9:7+), see also domain LN 5.1–5.22; 5. LN 53.33–53.40 unit: שִׁקּוּץ שָׁמֵם (šiq·qûṣ šā·mēm)1 abomination that causes desolation, a horrible thing which defiles, i.e., an object or event causing the vacating of a holy site (Da 9:27; 11:31; 12:11+)

In this word, an abomination is an object which makes something unclean including any holy site

Desolation - or to be desolate - . שָׁמֵם (šā·mēm): v.; ≡ Str 8074; TWOT 2409—1. LN 20.31–20.60 (qal) be desolate, be devastated, destitute, laid waste, ravaged, ruined, deserted, i.e., be in a destroyed and ruined state, implying the object or area destroyed is now abandoned from all help, deserted, or in personal poverty (Ge 47:19; 2Sa 13:20; Isa 49:8, 19; 54:1; 61:4; La 1:4, 13, 16; 3:11; 5:18; Eze 6:6; 12:19; 19:7; 33:28; 35:12, 15; 36:3, 4; Da 9:18, 26+); (nif) desolate, deserted (Lev 26:22; Ps 69:26[EB 25]; Isa 33:8; 54:3; Jer 12:11; 33:10; La 4:5; Eze 6:4; 25:3; 29:12; 30:7; 32:15; 36:34, 35,36; Joel 1:17; Am 7:9; 9:14; Zep 3:6; Zec 7:14+); (polel) cause desolation (Da 8:13; 9:27; 11:31; 12:11+), note: some parse Da 8:13; 9:27b as qal; (hif) lay waste, cause ruin (Lev 26:31, 32; Nu 21:30; 1Sa 5:6; Job 16:7; Ps 79:7; Jer 10:25; 49:20; 50:45; Eze 20:26; 30:12, 14; Hos 2:14[EB 12]; Mic 6:13+); (hof) lie desolate (Lev 26:34, 35, 43; 2Ch 36:21+), note: 2Ch 36:21 some parse as 2021 + 9014; (hitpolel) destroy oneself (Ecc 7:16+); 2. LN 25.251–25.269 (qal) be appalled, horrified, terrified, dismayed, i.e., have an emotion or attitude of horror and great fear, implying also dismay and discouragement (Lev 26:32; 1Ki 9:8; 2Ch 7:21; Job 17:8; Ps 40:16[EB 15]; Isa 52:14; Jer 2:12; 18:16; 19:8; 49:17; 50:13; Eze 26:16; 27:35; 28:19+); (nif) be appalled (Job 18:20; Jer 4:9; Eze 4:17+); (polel) be appalled (Ezr 9:3, 4+); (hif) cause to be appalled (Job 21:5; Eze 3:15; 32:10+); (hitpolel) be appalled (Ps 143:4; Isa 59:16; 63:5; Da 8:27+), note: La 5:12 some parse as 9038; note: Eze 19:7 niv translates “terrified” so in domain LN 25

Ie. The abomination (unclean thing) is an object placed in a clean place, making it desolate, or unclean, which renders it desolate

Of special note, Jesus says it will be seen STANDING IN the holy place.

In jewish culture and tradition, that holy place is the inner room of the temple, or the holy of holys

We should not xhange the interpretation from what they would have seen it as.

Apr 15, 2017
What is the abomination of Desolation? I would truly like to hear from you.
The Old Testament states that God will restore the kingdom on earth to the Jews, Israel, after they have borne their shame for their iniquities against God.

Which He will bring the whole house of Jacob, all 12 tribes, back to Israel and leave none of them in the nations anymore, and they shall know the LORD their God from that time forward, and He will never hide His face from them again(Ezekiel 39:21-29).

Which God will make a full end of all Gentile nations their ruling governments, but not make a full end of Israel although they will not be altogether unpunished(Jeremiah 30:10-11).

Which the disciples asked Jesus if He would restore the kingdom to Israel at that time, and He said the Father will do it in His time, but be concerned with preaching the Gospel(Acts 1:6-11).

Israel has 70 weeks, 490 years, to make an end of sins, and bring in everlasting righteousness, and seal up the vision and prophesy, and anoint the most holy who is Jesus(Daniel 9:24-27).

Which the time started before Jesus came for they were not in the truth then for if they has been in the truth the Roman Empire would not be able to control her.

Israel as a nation must accept Jesus as their Savior which they have not done that yet, and 69 weeks have passed with one more week to go.

The 70th week is the time that God causes all people who do not love Him to follow the New Age Christ, man of sin, and then He will put down the world, and brings Israel to the truth that Jesus is their Messiah.

The new age movement and their false interpretation of the Bible based on the occult, and evolution, and people can still evolve(1 Timothy 4:1-5; 2 Timothy 4:2-4), which they interpret all religions that way will pave the way to the beast kingdom in Revelation 13.

Israel is blinded in part, which they acknowledge the Old Testament for the most part but not the New Testament, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in, when salvation is no longer available to them, and so all Israel shall be saved(Romans 11:25-29).

Which the kingdom will be restored to Israel, and Jesus will defeat the world and save the Jews at the battle of Armageddon.

The New Age Christ will establish peace in the Middle East and it will pave the way for all Jews to go to Israel for the Gentile nations will cause it to happen, and the New Age Christ wants them all back on their land, but God means it for good towards the Jews.

The Jews will rebuild their temple and go back to animal sacrifices with no hassle from the Palestinians, and Israel is blinded in part, and the Jews will split Jerusalem with the Palestinians.

The Gentile nations will come together and say Peace and safety as they try to establish peace on earth(1 Thessalonians 5:1-6).

The 7 years period will begin.

The world will operate by the 6th kingdom on earth that will operate for a short space, three and one half years, which is the world split in to ten sections with a leader in each section.

The new age movement will be a unified religious system with all religions interpreted that way, and the time that the world will not want to endure the truth of the Bible but want to hear it according to their own lusts, power through nature to evolve to be greater and spiritual, which it is according to their own lusts for exalting themselves believing they will be greater and spiritual and not acknowledging a personal God.

For the first three and one half years repentance and salvation are still available to the world, and they hinder anything that is contrary to the new age movement, and a hate crime, which people can be saved but it will be few compared to today or years ago.

The ten horn kingdom will fail at obtaining peace on earth and at the end of the three and one half years it will be the falling away first, which is the condition of the world in response to the Gospel, which the transgressors are come to the full.

Then a king of fierce countenance, and understanding dark sentences shall stand up, and his power shall be mighty but not by his own power.

When the people that does not love God follow the beast and take his mark, which is a device stuck under the skin for identification of the person, one world economic system, and to keep track of the people of the world to cut down on crime, and find lost people, then repentance and salvation is no longer available to them, and the fulness of the Gentiles have come in.

Which the microchip linked to satellite seems like that is what it will be, and if a crime happens they will know who was in the location and how close they were to the crime scene, and to find lost people, and when scanned their picture and all information about them will come up on computer including finances as they are cashless.

In the middle of the 7 years period the New Age Christ will step in to the Jews temple and claim to be their God and Messiah, and address the world that he harnessed the power of nature, and obtained power, evolved, and the false prophet will do miracles in the sight of the world to convince them the beast did receive power through nature, and shared this power with the false prophet, and will share this power with all people who follow him.

But the Bible says they are lying wonders, and deceitfulness.

Dan 11:31 And arms shall stand on his part, and they shall pollute the sanctuary of strength, and shall take away the daily sacrifice, and they shall place the abomination that maketh desolate.

Mat 24:15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand).
Mat 24:16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains.

2Th 2:4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

Dan 11:36 And the king shall do according to his will; and he shall exalt himself, and magnify himself above every god, and shall speak marvellous things against the God of gods, and shall prosper till the indignation be accomplished: for that that is determined shall be done.
Dan 11:37 Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers, nor the desire of women, nor regard any god: for he shall magnify himself above all.
Dan 11:38 But in his estate shall he honour the God of forces: and a god whom his fathers knew not shall he honour with gold, and silver, and with precious stones, and pleasant things.

It appears as if the abomination of desolation is the man of sin claiming to be God in the temple, and placing an idol in the temple.

Which the New Age Christ will not acknowledge a personal God, and believe in evolution and people can still evolve, and will claim to be God by being the greatest of all people by the power of nature, and will exalt himself above all that is called God, or is worshipped, and exalt himself above all people that ever lived.

It is the abomination of desolation for the New Age Christ claiming to be God in the temple, placing an idol, and spreading his false occult, evolving through the power of nature, throughout the world.

The beast kingdom took away the hope of the world for all nations governments came together and hindered the truth, so God will then put down the world for they cannot be saved after they followed the beast, and took his mark, so it is over.

The last three and one half years God will send Israel 2 witnesses to turn them to the truth that Jesus is their Messiah, and the Jews that know the truth will instruct the other Jews, and at the end of the last three and one half years Israel as a nation will be in the truth, and the 70th week is fulfilled.

At the end of the 7 years period the wrath of God will be poured upon the world leading up to the battle of Armageddon which the world attacks Jerusalem, Israel, for they turned to the truth, and Jesus will come back with the saints, and defeat the world, and save Israel.

Which Jesus said the Jews will not see Him again until they say blessed is He that comes in the name of the Lord.

The kingdom will be restored to Israel and Jesus will rule on earth for 1000 years over the heathen that God spared at the battle of Armageddon.

At the end of that time heaven and earth shall pass away, and the saints will go to their final destination the New Jerusalem where sin has never been, and sin will never be, and the former heaven and earth shall not be remembered, nor come to mind, and the angels and saints will feel like they have always been there and nowhere else.

Mar 28, 2016
The Old Testament states that God will restore the kingdom on earth to the Jews, Israel, after they have borne their shame for their iniquities against God.
The Kingdom of God has never been subject to this corrupted creation the wrath of God being revealed, a dying creation subject to death . His Kingdom is not, was not and will be not.

John 18:36King James Version Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

The three avenues of the kingdoms of this world.

1 John 2:16King James Version For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

Which He will bring the whole house of Jacob, all 12 tribes, back to Israel and leave none of them in the nations anymore, and they shall know the LORD their God from that time forward, and He will never hide His face from them again(Ezekiel 39:21-29).
Are their DNA samples from the original lost tribes. Or is it sheep and not tribes that are lost?

Which God will make a full end of all Gentile nations their ruling governments, but not make a full end of Israel although they will not be altogether unpunished(Jeremiah 30:10-11).
The word Isreal would have to be defined to whether or not it is in refernce to converted Jacob the one that can serve as God with him. .

O my servant Jacob, saith the Lord; neither be dismayed, O Israel: for, lo, I will save thee .There using my servant Jacob together with O Israel to represent the bride . And thy seed is Christ the spiritual unseen seed

Therefore fear thou not, O my servant Jacob, saith the Lord; neither be dismayed, O Israel: for, lo, I will save thee from afar, and thy seed from the land of their captivity; and Jacob shall return, and shall be in rest, and be quiet, and none shall make him afraid.
For I am with thee, saith the Lord, to save thee: though I make a full end of all nations whither I have scattered thee, yet I will not make a full end of thee: but I will correct thee in measure, and will not leave thee altogether unpunished.10-11

Converted Jacob as born again Israel is referred to as in rest the sabbath Christ.

Genesis 32:27-28 King James Version (KJV)And he said unto him, What is thy name? And he said, Jacob.
And he said, Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but
Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed.

Not all Israel are born again Israel some remain under the name Jacob which represents gentiles natural unconverted mankind. .Those who deceive. . . flesh and blood against flesh and blood seen influenced by the father of lies, those who walk or understand after the things seen as if the kingdom of God came by observation and not faith the unseen eternal .

Genesis 32:27-28 King James Version (KJV) And he said unto him, What is thy name? And he said, Jacob. (deceiver) And he said, Thy name shall be called no more Jacob (deceiver), but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed.

Our Emmanuel God with us not represented as Jacob.... flesh and blood.no power of God

Luke 17:20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:

Which the disciples asked Jesus if He would restore the kingdom to Israel at that time, and He said the Father will do it in His time, but be concerned with preaching the Gospel(Acts 1:6-11).
I would agree on the last day He will raise up His bride, born again Israel by the new name the Father named her, Christian

Unconverted Jacob used to represent mankind will not rise .

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015
What is the abomination of Desolation? I would truly like to hear from you.
Greetings Josefnospam,

Though it is true that the antichrist will cause the offerings and the sacrifices to cease and will stand in the temple proclaiming himself to be God or anything that is called god, he himself is not the abomination. We can deduce this via the context in Daniel 12:11

"And from the time the daily sacrifice is abolished and the abomination of desolation set up, there will be 1,290 days."

"So when you see standing in the holy place ‘the abomination of desolation,’ described by the prophet Daniel …"

The word Bdelugma translated as "abomination," is indicative of idol worship and its impurities. According to Dan.12:11, that the abomination is something that will be "set up." And we know from Dan.9:27 that this will take place in the middle of the seven years. Jesus also quotes Dan.9:27 regarding the abomination saying "when you see standing in the holy place ’the abomination of desolation." Therefore, it appears that the abomination is not going to be the antichrist himself, but some type of idolatrous image which will be set up in the holy place within the future temple.

I have my own idea of what that abomination will be. Since both Daniel and Jesus are speaking about this as a future event, then you would think that this abomination would be mentioned in the book of Revelation, which I believe that it is. However, not by the use of the word abomination, but by description.

"Because of the signs he was given to perform on behalf of the first beast, he deceived those who dwell on the earth, telling them to make an image to the beast that had been wounded by the sword and yet had lived. The second beast was permitted to give breath to the image of the first beast, so that the image could speak and cause all who refused to worship it to be killed."

In the scripture above it states that the second beast/false prophet, deceives the inhabitants of the earth, telling them to make an image of the first beast. I personally believe that this image of the first beast will be none other than the abomination spoken of by Daniel and Jesus. And that this image is what is going to be set up in the holy place within the future temple.

M

Miri

I am having a thinking outside of the box day. Lol

I do think it refers to the Romans in regards to Daniels

Just throwing a few ideas out there in regards to Revelations. I haven’t thought this through very well it was just an idea to put out there.

If we are now the temple of the Holy Spirit following the work of Jesus. Maybe it relates to human beings becoming corrupt somehow. A time when it becomes so hard for the gospel to be spread and heard, that Jesus has to come back again.

Could it be something to do with messing with DNA, people choosing their own gender or having no gender for example.

We are created and loved by God, the temple for His Holy Spirit. I cannot think of any worse abomination or destruction that could happen, other than God’s created people becoming an abomination.

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015
I am having a thinking outside of the box day. Lol

I do think it refers to the Romans in regards to Daniels

Just throwing a few ideas out there in regards to Revelations. I haven’t thought this through very well it was just an idea to put out there.

If we are now the temple of the Holy Spirit following the work of Jesus. Maybe it relates to human beings becoming corrupt somehow. A time when it becomes so hard for the gospel to be spread and heard, that Jesus has to come back again.

Could it be something to do with messing with DNA, people choosing their own gender or having no gender for example.

We are created and loved by God, the temple for His Holy Spirit. I cannot think of any worse abomination or destruction that could happen, other than God’s created people becoming an abomination.
Hello Miri,

The problem with the temple as referring to our bodies as the dwelling place of the Spirit is that, the context of the scriptures is referring to a literal building. For example:

"And from the time the daily sacrifice is abolished and the abomination of desolation set up, there will be 1,290 days."

"So when you see standing in the holy place ‘the abomination of desolation,’ described by the prophet Daniel …"

The reference to the daily sacrifices being abolished and the abomination being "set up" would be indicative of a temple as referring to a literal building, opposed to the temple of our bodies. If the temple that was spoken of was referring to the believers body, how could others see the abomination standing in the holy place which causes them to flee out into the wilderness? It is just obvious that the holy place is referring to the room just outside of the Holy of Holies within the temple.

Blessings!

louis

Nov 1, 2017
We are the temple of God. We therefore are the holy place in which the abomination of desolation will be set up, standing where it ought not.

louis

Nov 1, 2017
With the understanding that the man who sits in God's temple in 2 Thessalonians 2:4 is the Antichrist during the end times in which we are now approaching, what then do you suppose represents mankind's refusal to believe the truth, but instead choose to believe a lie/delusion in order to experience pleasure (2 Thessalonians 2:10-12)? Hint: It has to do with the beast who shall ascend from the bottomless pit, which is also referred to as the sea.

2 Thessalonians 2:4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

2 Thessalonians 2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: 12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Mar 28, 2016
Hello Miri,

The problem with the temple as referring to our bodies as the dwelling place of the Spirit is that, the context of the scriptures is referring to a literal building. For example:

The reference to the daily sacrifices being abolished and the abomination being "set up" would be indicative of a temple as referring to a literal building, opposed to the temple of our bodies. If the temple that was spoken of was referring to the believers body, how could others see the abomination standing in the holy place which causes them to flee out into the wilderness? It is just obvious that the holy place is referring to the room just outside of the Holy of Holies within the temple.

Blessings!
Yes a literal building made with human hands ..a sign of the government of paganism.

God had given over the faithless Jews to do that which they should not of because of their jealousy of the sounding pagan nations.

The time of reformation had come that period of time used as a parable of what it looks like to have an abomination of desolation standing in the holy place not seen came to a end. When the veil was rent . It lost its purpose to represent evil .

The word signifying reveals a parable is in view. Using the things seen, the temporal to gives us the unseen eternal faith understanding.(2 Corinthians 4:18) .The word figure is the Greek word parabolḗ which without Christ spoke not.

The figure of the abomination of desolation. No faith that comes from hearing exclusively, as it is written .

The Holy Ghost this signifying, that firgure into the holiest of all was not yet made manifest, while as the first tabernacle was yet standing: Which was a figure for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience; Which stood only in meats and drinks, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed on them until the "time of reformation."Hebrew 9:8-10

When Jesus as the temple of God walked out literal temple in Mathew 24 and moved to the mountains it was to represent all the kingdoms it was a sign to the unbelieving Jew he would never stand in the glorious place reserved for the father .The apostles wanted him to go back . Like did you have your eyes open and see all the beauty? He resisted the work of the devil to stand in the abomination of desolation that was made to effect by the reformation.

2 Corinthians 4:7 But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

Jesus was familiar with power that worked in him just as us .Even in his own flesh Jesus said it profits for nothing. He gave glory to the unseen father .The holy place as the storehouse of faith. He lived in Jesus but the power to perform the work of the father was not of Jesus.

Mark 10:17-19 King James Version (KJV) And when he was gone forth into the way, there came one running, and kneeled to him, and asked him, Good Master, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life? And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Defraud not, Honour thy father and mother.

Mar 28, 2016
With the understanding that the man who sits in God's temple in 2 Thessalonians 2:4 is the Antichrist during the end times in which we are now approaching, what then do you suppose represents mankind's refusal to believe the truth, but instead choose to believe a lie/delusion in order to experience pleasure (2 Thessalonians 2:10-12)? Hint: It has to do with the beast who shall ascend from the bottomless pit, which is also referred to as the sea.

2 Thessalonians 2:4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

2 Thessalonians 2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: 12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
Mankind is used to represent the temple of God.

From my experience the word antichrist, singular, and plural antichrists are given no distinction and much can be lost. The anti-christ the father of lies would have us still looking for him as some kind of sign and wonder. We walk by faith the unseen.

The man who sits in God's temple as the power to deceive is the man of sin.. . using mankind as antichrists plural who are subject to sin, the power influenced by . Satan the spirit antichrist singular . There were many antichrist at that time of the new testament .The spirit of the anti-Christ. Satan began its murderous work in the garden working in Cain the first recorded anti-christ(another mediator) of the many that followed .

This does not make those who are deceived antichrists as a title that sticks with them . But shows us what can happen if we deny Christ in unbelief as the things of men . He cannot deny those he has called to repentance.

Peter used as a negative example. The "serial denier" being deceived by Satan the spirit of the antichrist. He was forgiven of his blasphemy against the Son of man, Jesus.

Mathew 16: 22-23 Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee. But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men

Not the most popular example. But I would offer one that remains true . Many anti-christs went out from us because they were not of those like Peter who was moved to repent and forgiven of his blasphemy .

To quick to put titles on man can prove to be worthless

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015
We are the temple of God. We therefore are the holy place in which the abomination of desolation will be set up, standing where it ought not.
Hello Louis,

In order to come to a right conclusion, we must address the scriptures to discern whether something is being referred to as figurative or literal. That said, I have already pointed out using scripture that the abomination is something that is said will be "set up" in the temple, as revealed in Daniel 12:11. Also, the mentioning of the sacrifices and offerings being stopped in Daniel 9:27 would also be indicative of a literal temple and not the temple of our bodies in which the Spirit dwells.

Furthermore, the abomination has to do with Israel and not the church. Regarding this, Jesus said, "when you see standing in the holy place ‘the abomination of desolation,’ described by the prophet Daniel" that those in Judea are to flee to the mountains. The mention of Judea would also support the fact that this is referring to Israel. Also, if it was referring to our bodies as the temple of God, how could anyone see the abomination standing in the holy place, which is what causes them to flee? The scripture is obviously referring to an idolatrous image of some type (abomination) being set up in the literal temple. To attempt to interpret the temple as referring to our bodies, would be a gross distortion of the scripture and that because nothing in the context would support that idea.

Just as the scripture in Daniel 9:27 states, the ruler/antichrist, will cause the daily sacrifices and offerings to cease and he will set up in the holy place within the coming future temple, that abomination. When the people of Israel, which is in the region of Judea, see the abomination standing in the holy place, that will be their sign to flee out to the mountains, which is synonymous with the woman fleeing out into the wilderness to that place prepared for her where she will be cared for by God during the last 3 1/2 years, as described in Rev.12:6, 14.

louis

Nov 1, 2017
Mankind is used to represent the temple of God.

From my experience the word antichrist, singular, and plural antichrists are given no distinction and much can be lost. The anti-christ the father of lies would have us still looking for him as some kind of sign and wonder. We walk by faith the unseen.

The man who sits in God's temple as the power to deceive is the man of sin.. . using mankind as antichrists plural who are subject to sin, the power influenced by . Satan the spirit antichrist singular . There were many antichrist at that time of the new testament .The spirit of the anti-Christ. Satan began its murderous work in the garden working in Cain the first recorded anti-christ(another mediator) of the many that followed .

This does not make those who are deceived antichrists as a title that sticks with them . But shows us what can happen if we deny Christ in unbelief as the things of men . He cannot deny those he has called to repentance.

Peter used as a negative example. The "serial denier" being deceived by Satan the spirit of the antichrist. He was forgiven of his blasphemy against the Son of man, Jesus.

Mathew 16: 22-23 Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee. But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men

Not the most popular example. But I would offer one that remains true . Many anti-christs went out from us because they were not of those like Peter who was moved to repent and forgiven of his blasphemy .

To quick to put titles on man can prove to be worthless
Hello Garee,
You are avoiding the question as to what it is that represents the lie that people will prefer over the truth, just so that they may continue taking pleasure in unfaithfulness (which means not to believe truth). Here is another hint: As the little horn (a.k.a. the Antichrist), and who is also the beasts mouth, is in league with the beast of seven heads and ten horns; then scriptures in association with the beast would provide information as to what it is that mankind will prefer over truth.

louis

Nov 1, 2017
Hello Louis,

In order to come to a right conclusion, we must address the scriptures to discern whether something is being referred to as figurative or literal. That said, I have already pointed out using scripture that the abomination is something that is said will be "set up" in the temple, as revealed in Daniel 12:11. Also, the mentioning of the sacrifices and offerings being stopped in Daniel 9:27 would also be indicative of a literal temple and not the temple of our bodies in which the Spirit dwells.

Furthermore, the abomination has to do with Israel and not the church. Regarding this, Jesus said, "when you see standing in the holy place ‘the abomination of desolation,’ described by the prophet Daniel" that those in Judea are to flee to the mountains. The mention of Judea would also support the fact that this is referring to Israel. Also, if it was referring to our bodies as the temple of God, how could anyone see the abomination standing in the holy place, which is what causes them to flee? The scripture is obviously referring to an idolatrous image of some type (abomination) being set up in the literal temple. To attempt to interpret the temple as referring to our bodies, would be a gross distortion of the scripture and that because nothing in the context would support that idea.

Just as the scripture in Daniel 9:27 states, the ruler/antichrist, will cause the daily sacrifices and offerings to cease and he will set up in the holy place within the coming future temple, that abomination. When the people of Israel, which is in the region of Judea, see the abomination standing in the holy place, that will be their sign to flee out to the mountains, which is synonymous with the woman fleeing out into the wilderness to that place prepared for her where she will be cared for by God during the last 3 1/2 years, as described in Rev.12:6, 14.
Good day Mr. Ahwatukee,
The Lord does not dwell in temples made with hands (Acts 17:24), and any such stone edifice that may or may not be built in the future will not constitute the holy place in which the abomination of desolation will sit.
In the New Testament, the Lord informs us in numerous scriptures that we are His holy temple (1 Corinthians 3:16-17). We therefore are the holy place where the Antichrist will sit in our hearts.

Acts 17:24 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;

1 Corinthians 3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? 17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015
Good day Mr. Ahwatukee,
The Lord does not dwell in temples made with hands (Acts 17:24), and any such stone edifice that may or may not be built in the future will not constitute the holy place in which the abomination of desolation will sit.
In the New Testament, the Lord informs us in numerous scriptures that we are His holy temple (1 Corinthians 3:16-17). We therefore are the holy place where the Antichrist will sit in our hearts.

Acts 17:24 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;

1 Corinthians 3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? 17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.
Hi Louis,

Yes, I am very aware that our bodies are the temple of God. However, you need to be able to discern the difference between the temple of the body vs. the literal temple in Jerusalem, which is what you are not doing. You just continue to ignore the scriptures which I am providing for you which demonstrate that the literal temple is in view.

What you are doing is simply misapplying the meaning of the temple here. Consider the following:

"So when you see standing in the holy place ‘the abomination of desolation,’ described by the prophet Daniel (let the reader understand), 16then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. 17Let no one on the housetop come down to retrieve anything from his house. 18And let no one in the field return for his cloak."

So, according to the scripture above, the setting up of the abomination will be a sign for those in Judea to flee into the mountains. How could they see the abomination set up in the holy place if it was referring to the temple of their body. This is just ridiculous! Obviously Jesus gave this warning to those of Israel who would be on the earth during that last seven years, where in the middle that abomination will be set up. The "holy place" that Jesus is referring to, is the room just outside of the holy holies.

What you are also not understanding is that, a decree went out to Israel and Jerusalem of seventy seven year periods. Sixty-nine of those seventy sevens were fulfilled when the Messiah was cut off/crucified. From that time on the Lord began to build His church and which is also still in the process of being built. Once the Lord appears and gathers the church, then God will pick up right where He left off in fulfillment of that last seven years with Israel sacrificing and making offerings in her new future temple. According to Dan.9:27, in the middle of that seven years the antichrist will put a stop to the sacrifices and offerings and will set up that abomination in the holy place within the literal temple in the holy place. Seeing this abomination standing in the holy place within the temple is what will cause Israel to flee out into the wilderness.

So, while each individual of the church is the indwelt by the Holy Spirit, the holy place spoken of in the scripture is referring to Israel and her future temple (an actual building) where they will once again begin to perform their temple worship.

Nothing in Daniel 9:27, 12:11 or Matt.24:15, would support the holy place as referring to the body of the believer.

Stop arguing about it and use some simple scriptural logic!