God could have (and should have) destroyed Satan the minute he became the Adversary (ha Satan) of God and man. But for some mysterious reason, he is still allowed to do his evil deeds, which will only get worse until he is cast into the Lake of Fire.Job and family went through great tribulation from satan.
I thought the best part about the book of Job was that he is a gentile. For sure, the Israelites and Jews take up most of the OT, but gentiles get some representation too!The history of the OT is not our history but belongs to the Israelites., however the God of the OT is our same God that we serve.
He never changes
Job and family went through great tribulation from satan. Satan has done this to church for a long time but there will come a time where it will intensify because his anger will increase greatly.
The history of the OT is not our history but belongs to the Israelites., however the God of the OT is our same God that we serve.
Paul stated that all in the Province of Asia had abandoned him. Would you say this is the work of Satan?
I thought the best part about the book of Job was that he is a gentile. For sure, the Israelites and Jews take up most of the OT, but gentiles get some representation too!
Possibly. Paul did mention satan giving him a hard time:
2Co_12:7 And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.
1Th_2:18 Wherefore we would have come unto you, even I Paul, once and again; but Satan hindered us.
@pottersclay ,
I always find wisdom and amazingly comfort in what you post.
I said once I thought you were female BC of your gentle nature. No offense meant!
I'm always looking to learn more.
Can you give me where Jesus' own mother sought to put him away?
I can't recall this.
Thank you!
Right! And this passage really messes with my doctrine of being protected by Christ (Colossians 2:9-15).
We can ask for protection but as with any prayers, God decides what's best.
When we start to read the book of Job, it is said that he had everything and he believed in God. But he wasn’t only a believer. His faith was alive, it wasn’t only words, he offered sacrifices in case his children act against God, not only by doing something wrong but also by thinking wrong. It tells us a lot about what it means to have a strong relationship with God. According to God, there was no one like him on Earth regarding integrity and going away from badness. When we listen to the news, we must admit our society is completely at the opposite, getting away from goodness and looking for darkness, whatever people may try to do. Everything goes wrong. It doesn’t mean we don’t have to fight, on the contrary, but we need energy and a good example such as Job. To prove the rare relationship between God and Job, God lets Satan get rid of all Job’s belongings except Job himself. Then he lost everything (animals, servants, children). At the end of chapter one, Job expresses his pain but also his total respect for God.
It's not known where Uz is, but based on the fact that he lived to be super-old and made sacrifices without a priest, and other cultural factors, it's widely accepted that he was a gentile.Wow. Really? Was Uz to the East, or is that Canaanite territory? Gentiles were from the East, those who the Jews were allowed to intermarry. But those from the Seven Nations were abominations, completely forbidden for the Blessed Jews to marry.
Your thoughts:
Do you feel that when Christians speak with active members of the Jewish faith, that we bother them as we reference their written Word? My Lawyer is Jewish, and while I adore this guy, I don't think that he feels the same way about me. I don't think he particularly appreciates it when I have said that I Love the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. But I do!
Thanks for your possible answers. This is new for me!
Oh no! I must’ve pushed the wrong button! Please forgive me.
Mark 3:20 Then Jesus entered a house, and again a crowd gathered, so that he and his disciples were not even able to eat. 21 When his family heard about this, they went to take charge of him, for they said, “He is out of his mind.” (NIV)
This is debated because of the text but certainly they thought he was mentally touched.
We would probably say he was eccentric.
But consider…. We have a distinct advantage over Job. Job was actually a type of who a born again Christian is today. We have the knowledge of the truths of God's Word that Job didn’t have. In Job’s time, Christ had not yet walked the earth and suffered the crucifixion. Jesus has given those who follow Him power and authority over Satan. Job lacked the power and authority to expel Satan from his life; yet Job never turned his back on God.Right! And this passage really messes with my doctrine of being protected by Christ (Colossians 2:9-15).
Man, I need to stop teaching and shut my mouth.