About Whom is David Speaking

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Endoscopy

Oct 13, 2017
Addendum
I always use my smartphone with biblegateway.com to look up scripture references and switch between translations to glean more understanding of its meaning. My favorites are KJV, NIV, ESV, and AMPC. AMPC is cumbersome to read but gives all of the meanings of the original language words. Example believes in is expanded.

John 3 AMPC Amplified Classic
16 For God so greatly loved and dearly prized the world that He [even] gave up His only begotten (unique) Son, so that whoever believes in (trusts in, clings to, relies on) Him shall not perish (come to destruction, be lost) but have eternal (everlasting) life.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
In case you didn't read my post about myself here it is.

I'm 73 years old and was raised in the faith. I have a background in electronics and software. Therefore am prone to science in apologetics. Philosophical arguments leave me figuratively scratching my head. I have been through many classes taught by the ministers and others brought in from outside. Some because I was interested in attending them and others because I was an elder and deacon in the three churches I attended. (moved twice) some involved theology and evangelism techniques. I have been involved in several evangelism programs reaching out to the unchurched. I always did these things prayerfully asking God to help me know what to say to reach these people. I find that my smartphone is now my Bible. Each translation has its pros and cons. The cons of KJV is it was translated in 1611. That means it is flawed with the changes in English over the 4 centuries. Words have changed their meaning. However it sometimes says things better than newer translations. An example is "the carnal mind is enmity against God." modern translations are more wordy and accurate but lose the impact of that short phrase. Keep in mind that outside the creeds we are to agree to disagree. That is why there are so many different gospel preaching denominations.

The Quinquarticular Controversy between the two views of Calvinism and Armenianism is an example of agree to disagree. Their 5 points are directly directly opposed to each other.
Gosh, oh my, and whatever other horrible exclamation I can drw up. I guess I am your elder, elder. Not by much.

My experience of following Jesus, Yeshua, has been by the Holy Spirit since the day God's Spirit entered into me on the special Good Friday. It occurred without my having been taught of it, and when it happened a good friend saw me, and could tell something moved the earth just for me. I said to him when he asked me what was wrong, what happened! God's spirit came into me, your God, Yahweh. Why that came out can only be attributed to being guided b theHoly Spirit. Many miracles ensued, and all seemed quite natural after having received the Spirit of God within,

Several years of reading the Bible, only in English, and sharing with whomever would listen followed ending in a visit to Israel for six months to learn certain things for myself.

Actually, that was one of the works God di using me, He told me to go to Israel after I had refused three different people offering to either take me to Israel or pay my way. If you do not think that a miracle, the one was myfriend I mentioned who asked I I would go with him and his bride on their honeymoon to Israel. The offer itself made me uncomfortable, but I politely declined but later after all these attempst of complet out of the loop folks to get me to Israel, I inquired of our Father, and He told me to go to Israel, so, I did.

I do not know a lot, but I have had a wonderful, though many times trubled way since then, but I would not want a thing to change. Jesus is in charge, always. God bless you young man. oops, or woman.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Anytime Jesus Christ repeats words from the Prophets, or from any part of the Bible, He is quoting Himself for He is the Word...……..

Endoscopy

Oct 13, 2017
Gosh, oh my, and whatever other horrible exclamation I can drw up. I guess I am your elder, elder. Not by much.

My experience of following Jesus, Yeshua, has been by the Holy Spirit since the day God's Spirit entered into me on the special Good Friday. It occurred without my having been taught of it, and when it happened a good friend saw me, and could tell something moved the earth just for me. I said to him when he asked me what was wrong, what happened! God's spirit came into me, your God, Yahweh. Why that came out can only be attributed to being guided b theHoly Spirit. Many miracles ensued, and all seemed quite natural after having received the Spirit of God within,

Several years of reading the Bible, only in English, and sharing with whomever would listen followed ending in a visit to Israel for six months to learn certain things for myself.

Actually, that was one of the works God di using me, He told me to go to Israel after I had refused three different people offering to either take me to Israel or pay my way. If you do not think that a miracle, the one was myfriend I mentioned who asked I I would go with him and his bride on their honeymoon to Israel. The offer itself made me uncomfortable, but I politely declined but later after all these attempst of complet out of the loop folks to get me to Israel, I inquired of our Father, and He told me to go to Israel, so, I did.

I do not know a lot, but I have had a wonderful, though many times trubled way since then, but I would not want a thing to change. Jesus is in charge, always. God bless you young man. oops, or woman.
Been to Israel several times for work. Took my wife once on one of the trips. In one of them the customer took me on a trip around the country saying people did this with their children. He pointed out different places where events in the Bible occurred. It was enlightening to see these places. The Sea of Gallilee is in a bowl like depression between hills. Seeing this it was easily understood how when Jesus got into a boat to go to another part of the shore how the crowd could follow him there. To us what is called a mountain in the Bible is just to us a big hill compared to the mountains here.

Sep 9, 2018
Illinois
David had something that very few other Old Testament personalities had which permitted Him to understand what others could not conceive.

Any guesses about what it might be?

Endoscopy

Oct 13, 2017
David had something that very few other Old Testament personalities had which permitted Him to understand what others could not conceive.

Any guesses about what it might be?
Now we are playing guessing games. Bye

Zmouth

Nov 21, 2012
The Sea of Gallilee is in a bowl like depression between hills.
The Sea of Galilee isn't actually a sea, or what we now consider a sea, being a body of saltwater. But rather the Sea of Galilee is a freshwater lake which is about 7 miles wide and 13 mile long.

Endoscopy

Oct 13, 2017
Just a little trivia, of sorts, there Colonoscopy.
Just fine Baptismo!!

I can call names as well. You resorted to that ugly name on a Christian site. What kind of Christian are you. I get that name on secular sites but never expected it on a Christian site.

Endoscopy

Oct 13, 2017
The Sea of Galilee isn't actually a sea, or what we now consider a sea, being a body of saltwater. But rather the Sea of Galilee is a freshwater lake which is about 7 miles wide and 13 mile long.
ROFL
I have been there and there is a river feeding it and the river Jordan flows out of it into the Dead Sea. That lake has no outlet and is much below sea level. Evaporation over the thousands of years has made it concentrated solution of many different salts which are poisonous.