Abundant Life

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

danja

Nov 28, 2014
a life full of prayer,worship,serving ,reading the bible ,led by the spirit .A life full of joy ,peace ,love .A life in surrender .Also a good physical and emotional health .Money and Material stuff comes and goes

Dec 12, 2013
Man without Christ is incomplete and life is but temporary........in Christ our life is not only eternal, but is also complete............

K

KnowMe

What exactly is an Abundant Life? Please be specific.
That sometimes can be a challenge, expressing these qualities can help grow the abundance, something I can fall short of sometimes.

Galatians
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
a life full of prayer,worship,serving ,reading the bible ,led by the spirit .A life full of joy ,peace ,love .A life in surrender .Also a good physical and emotional health .Money and Material stuff comes and goes
I wish money and material stuff would be COMING more than going. anyone notice it always seems to be going more than coming? Oy vey!

Good answer sister! I agree.

Lord give me better physical and emotional health too, please.

Jan 28, 2019
I often ponder this very thing. I think abundant life isn’t what we picture it as sometimes. For certain , to have abundant life we must reside and abide in our Messiah. But I think on Job. He was a man who had everything and was benevolent and took care of the needy and homeless and widows. He also prayed constantly and interceded for his children. He was a righteous servant before our Father. However everything was taken away from him. He never lost faith, and stayed humble, and in the end always gave the Father glory for all things whether seemingly good or bad. The Most High rewarded his faith by blessing him more abundantly after the trials than he was prior. To me this is a picture of true abundant life. Sometimes life may be dark and dreary but that doesn’t mean our Father and our Savior have left us, but on the contrary it may be due to being a good servant to Them and thereby under affliction from the enemy, but if we stay humble and true to our Creator, we will be blessed, therein equaling life more abundant than before.

noblenut

Nov 29, 2017
life forever full of adventure and good things

P

pottersclay

A rich life full of blessings, purpose, and meaning. Joyful, loving, worth living.

OneFaith

Sep 5, 2016
Abundant is about the amount and the quality. This life lasts up to like 120 years, but life in heaven will never end- that is abundant life.

star

Nov 8, 2017
North Carolina
Good answers everyone. Being human, I often think when a Christian speaks of an abundant life, the material emphasis will come into play. Having a mind, soul, spirit united with the HS IMO is true abundant life. Money, material things cannot buy that kind of peace.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Colossians 2:9-10 (KJV) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Abundant life...I get a picture of a tree with lots of fruit. It maybe thirty fold, sixty fold or a hundred fold. In any case., there's fruit. Fruits of the holy spirit.

Taste and see the Lord is good!

star

Nov 8, 2017
North Carolina
Abundant life: Living in trust of God no matter our circumstances. Rising above our circumstances

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
JG4053
περισσός
perissos
per-is-sos'
From G4012 (in the sense of beyond); superabundant (in quantity) or superior (in quality); by implication excessive; adverb (with G1537) violently; neuter (as noun) preeminence: - exceeding abundantly above, more abundantly, advantage, exceedingly, very highly, beyond measure, more, superfluous, vehement [-ly].
Total KJV occurrences: 10
ohn 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.