Adam and Eve

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

BenFTW

Oct 7, 2012
LOL. You come against me often in your responses to me and you are going to report me for objecting to your making assumptions about me? LOLOLOL. That must be your pride talking. And yes, I have asked you to stop assuming you know me multiple times, so your "apology" that made more assumptions about me comes across as being totally phony to me, sorry! Just stop.
This really could be taken care of in PM, instead of you airing your dirty laundry. I don't know what assumptions you're speaking of, but you can PM the assumptions to me so they can be corrected. Thanks.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
This really could be taken care of in PM, instead of you airing your dirty laundry. I don't know what assumptions you're speaking of, but you can PM the assumptions so they can be corrected. Thanks.
Really? Now it is MY dirty laundry? You have absolutely nothing to do with it in your spotlessly innocent mind? How convenient for you! Your attacks and assumptions have been public. If you don't like public responses, stop publicly attacking me and assuming things about me. You are being completely ridiculous. Just stop. I have requested numerous times now in this very thread, Stop.

wolfwint

Feb 15, 2014
In Genesis 2:25 and Genesis 3:10-11 the Bible says Adam and Eve were naked. Yet I have heard from people that Adam and Eve were originally clothed in light.
What is the truth?
What the bible says! "clothed with light" is fantasie of human being, means eisegese, means reading something into the text, what is not there.

C

Chuckt

What the bible says! "clothed with light" is fantasie of human being, means eisegese, means reading something into the text, what is not there.
Except that we're made in the image of God and God is clothed with light.
A lot of people teach that so there are things which aren't explicit in scripture and there are also incommunicable attributes of God that can only be seen through inference and other means. Other Bible teachers teach that so I don't see it as off base.

Josefnospam

May 29, 2014
God said it I believe it .....and they were both naked

C

Chuckt

God said it I believe it .....and they were both naked
Why didn't they know or be able to see it? Because light can be so bright that it could actually blind you to what is hidden.

wolfwint

Feb 15, 2014
Except that we're made in the image of God and God is clothed with light.
A lot of people teach that so there are things which aren't explicit in scripture and there are also incommunicable attributes of God that can only be seen through inference and other means. Other Bible teachers teach that so I don't see it as off base.
Sorry, this is eisegese. Their is no biblical proof that they were covered with light. Even the argument that they were build in the image of god, says not that they were coverd with light.
f.e. Mose must hide his face, because he could not bear to see the shine of Gods mayesty, so according your theory Adam and Eve looked like in the same brigthness like God. But this is not biblical proofed. Its human fantasie.
What bibel reveals is that they recogneized now that they are naked now. What before was quite normal for them. A consequence of their sin, they lost their virgin (not sexuell) which they had before.

Nov 23, 2013
Naked is naked... no clothing.
You can't say they were naked and Clothed with light.

Feb 28, 2016
how blessed we are to be given yet another 'chance' to examine ourselves by ourselves
and our peers.....

comfort comes when we know without a doubt, all the way down to our very bones,
that, Christ reigns within our every thought and action....

wolfwint

Feb 15, 2014
The question I have is, How did Adam and Eve walk in the garden with God when the Bible says:

Exodus 33:20 But," he said, "you cannot see my face, for no one may see me and live."

1 Timothy 6:16 who alone is immortal and who lives in unapproachable light, whom no one has seen or can see. To him be honor and might forever. Amen.

Did this covering of pristine glory protect them from the unapproachable light that God dwells in or was it a theophany of God that Adam and Eve saw?
Exodus 33 is after sinfall in genesis 3. Before sinfall sin stand not between god and human boeing

G

ggs7

But why does the bible say they were naked and not ashamed?? I mean why even mention " were not ashamed " if they were clothed somehow?
I might be misunderstanding something ?

C

coby

They were naked but they didn't find that weird because they were innocent as kids who don't care about that. They were clothed with His glory but that was spiritual I heard, so not seen in the natural. Guess they noticed that that was gone.

C

coby

It was spiritual just as now.

I counsel you to buy from me gold refined in the fire, so you can become rich; and white clothes to wear, so you can cover your shameful nakedness; and salve to put on your eyes, so you can see.