Add Demonination specific forums

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

LanceA

We need to relax? But you need a safe space to get away from people that don't think like you? This isn't a college campus.
You have the right to make a suggestion, and others have the right to comment and disagree. That's not 'bashing'. Sensitive much?
Nah not sensitive at all. I just don't care for your attitude. I was just making a suggestion guy, not trying to hide. It was just a suggestion so calm down and go back into your little corner.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
It would be pointless.

As most major denominations are now broken up with people of differing views...
we'd still see most of the same doctrinal debates within a denominational forum.

Not to mention, there is nothing to keep anyone from just claiming to belong to a denomination,
and then coming into that forum and arguing.

Feb 7, 2015
This honestly is a horrible idea. *Ugly* and *Blain* have expressed it well.

There are many bad ones. Go spend some time @ ChristianForums.COM (One of the better of the bad group) if you want to experience the almost total prejudice and haughty, arrogant division such a setup creates. It honestly makes for a very sick environment.

L

LanceA

This honestly is a horrible idea. *Ugly* and *Blain* have expressed it well.

There are many bad ones. Go spend some time @ ChristianForums.COM (One of the better of the bad group) if you want to experience the almost total prejudice and haughty, arrogant division such a setup creates. It honestly makes for a very sick environment.
I actually do go there from time to time. Like I said it was just a suggestion. Now I do like you Willie but you will be going on ignore like everyone else on this thread lol.

Feb 7, 2015
So since suggestions never are taken seriously by the mods then maybe they should delete the suggestions area lol. A suggestion is just that a suggestion, if the mods or owner wants to do it then by all means go for it. And Blain you will never get everyone to come together on these forums, or any forums and agree on everything. This suggestion I just made is a perfect example of it. You have the people who have been here for, I don't know how many years, and feel they run this site or have some sort of special say in what happens on this site.

Next time I will make my suggestion in an email to the site owner or mods. You people are absolutely ridiculous with your power and control.
You have not even SEEN power and control until you spend some time where exclusive little groups absolutely exercise control over little groups within the larger (already controlled) group.

Feb 7, 2015
I actually do go there from time to time. Like I said it was just a suggestion. Now I do like you Willie but you will be going on ignore like everyone else on this thread lol.
That "Safe Space" desire you show may demonstrate that you would be much more comfortable in one of those places.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
So since suggestions never are taken seriously by the mods then maybe they should delete the suggestions area lol. A suggestion is just that a suggestion, if the mods or owner wants to do it then by all means go for it. And Blain you will never get everyone to come together on these forums, or any forums and agree on everything. This suggestion I just made is a perfect example of it. You have the people who have been here for, I don't know how many years, and feel they run this site or have some sort of special say in what happens on this site.

Next time I will make my suggestion in an email to the site owner or mods. You people are absolutely ridiculous with your power and control.

This is a public forum.

A suggestion to change things on the forum affects everyone.

Therefore, it's perfectly reasonable to expect discussion, opinion, and even debate, when suggestions are made for change.

You're free to send email to the mods instead of posting here.

But any time you post publicly, you should reasonably expect a discussion to follow.

It's not a big deal.

C

Cerwin

I don't think it would be that difficult. Other forums have similar areas people can go into. It would be nice because some people come in and have questions and depending on a persons theology they might get multiple answers and then the arguments start.

And if someone jumps into that said forum to cause trouble then mods can block them from said area.
Mods can block them? I'm new here but I assumed we could block ourselves from seeing posts that spew hate , right? Its true "hate" will rear its ugly head especially here online because everybody becomes a little too brave online. Can you imagine people walking into a Catholic service on Sunday saying to the Priest " Nope ! Sorry, your doing it all wrong ! What kind of place you running here anyways"? Lol ...no, but online they sure do .I'm all for a more organized format here. And it really does work well in other places I've seen. No one has to register their denomination, they are welcome to come in and listen as long as they show some respect. Who knows? Some people might CHANGE their denomination too.But couldn't you START your denomination thread yourself anyways, here?

U

Ugly

Mods can block them? I'm new here but I assumed we could block ourselves from seeing posts that spew hate , right? Its true "hate" will rear its ugly head especially here online because everybody becomes a little too brave online. Can you imagine people walking into a Catholic service on Sunday saying to the Priest " Nope ! Sorry, your doing it all wrong ! What kind of place you running here anyways"? Lol ...no, but online they sure do .I'm all for a more organized format here. And it really does work well in other places I've seen. No one has to register their denomination, they are welcome to come in and listen as long as they show some respect. Who knows? Some people might CHANGE their denomination too.But couldn't you START your denomination thread yourself anyways, here?
Firstly Lance is no longer a member here.
And have you been to the BDF? Respect is a distant memory there. And it's not expected not enforced. Anything theological or denomination based is just opening a door to attack and insult. And since you can ban people from a specific forum there's no way to keep people out except to ban them from the site. And if that were to happen most of the BDF would be banned. And that don't happen because they are the most active population on the forums.

C

Cerwin

Firstly Lance is no longer a member here.
And have you been to the BDF? Respect is a distant memory there. And it's not expected not enforced. Anything theological or denomination based is just opening a door to attack and insult. And since you can ban people from a specific forum there's no way to keep people out except to ban them from the site. And if that were to happen most of the BDF would be banned. And that don't happen because they are the most active population on the forums.
Lol Ugly, it's not THAT bad is it? I mean, you wouldn't be here if you didn't know good people here.I just block mean people out of my sight naturally, I don't even bother to argue with them.

U

Ugly

Lol Ugly, it's not THAT bad is it? I mean, you wouldn't be here if you didn't know good people here.I just block mean people out of my sight naturally, I don't even bother to argue with them.
The BDF, not all of CC. But the overall tone of the site has deteriorated the last few years. The BDFers befan spreading out more and bringing their bile into other sections, which causes it to spread to others. I uses to be on here a lot till the conversations were all the same and the level of friendliness dropped. Now I come on a few minutes at a time usually. A few times a day. I've been here since 2011.

C

Cerwin

The BDF, not all of CC. But the overall tone of the site has deteriorated the last few years. The BDFers befan spreading out more and bringing their bile into other sections, which causes it to spread to others. I uses to be on here a lot till the conversations were all the same and the level of friendliness dropped. Now I come on a few minutes at a time usually. A few times a day. I've been here since 2011.
I'm thinking you mean by BDF the Bible discussion forum. I've seen it some where one might say " Well, what about this Scripture I quote" and another will say , "Well what about MY Scriptue I quote here "! Its like a battle of pointing out scriptures without any real details about the messages within them. I don't know HOW they manage to have a real conversation there. Must be how Pastors and Priests communicate between each other. I'm still dwelving into the message of scripture. Haven't reached the sophisticated level of scholars who have memorized all the exact scrptures word for word. So that rooms not for me anyway. I'm doing well in the "Miscellaneous" rooms lol.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
If someone only wants to interact with persons of their particular denomination then they should join a site that targets persons from that denomination.

Once you begin to break out denominational sub-forums it becomes a nightmare because do you just create a Baptist forum or one each for Southern Baptists, American Baptists, National Baptist Convention, Progressive National Baptist Convention, Alliance of Baptists, Old Line Primitive Baptists, Baptist Bible Fellowship International, Southwide Baptist Fellowship, World Baptist Fellowship, Freewill Baptists, Old Regular Baptists, etc???

There are literally dozens of subsets of each major denomination which have doctrinal disagreements with each other.

U

Ugly

I'm thinking you mean by BDF the Bible discussion forum. I've seen it some where one might say " Well, what about this Scripture I quote" and another will say , "Well what about MY Scriptue I quote here "! Its like a battle of pointing out scriptures without any real details about the messages within them. I don't know HOW they manage to have a real conversation there. Must be how Pastors and Priests communicate between each other. I'm still dwelving into the message of scripture. Haven't reached the sophisticated level of scholars who have memorized all the exact scrptures word for word. So that rooms not for me anyway. I'm doing well in the "Miscellaneous" rooms lol.
They don't have real discussions. They just think they're right and anyone who disagrees is an unsaved heretic. Closing their ears while complaining about everyone else with closed ears.