Add Demonination specific forums

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

LanceA

Is there a way maybe you could add denomination specific threads. If not denomination maybe Pentecostal, Catholic, Orthodox, WoF etc.... That way people of the same theology can discuss things without haters jumping in and destroying the conversation.

W

wwjd_kilden

Sounds like a lot of work for the moderators. Unless you have to register what denomination you are (and only people of that denomination have access). people will bring their hate anyway. Sadly.

L

LanceA

Sounds like a lot of work for the moderators. Unless you have to register what denomination you are (and only people of that denomination have access). people will bring their hate anyway. Sadly.
I don't think it would be that difficult. Other forums have similar areas people can go into. It would be nice because some people come in and have questions and depending on a persons theology they might get multiple answers and then the arguments start.

And if someone jumps into that said forum to cause trouble then mods can block them from said area.

S

Susanna

I don't think it would be that difficult. Other forums have similar areas people can go into. It would be nice because some people come in and have questions and depending on a persons theology they might get multiple answers and then the arguments start.

And if someone jumps into that said forum to cause trouble then mods can block them from said area.
I like your idea, I really do. The problem is, like Miss wwjd_kilden is saying, that the haters will be flooding the forums. It amazes me how much hatred there is here, and when people are getting viciously attacked for stating their opinions, then I really wonder why a differing opinion can be fueling so much hatred.

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
I dunno if its possible with soooo many denominations being around here and actually blocking haters from entering etc.. i dunno if that works

L

LanceA

I dunno if its possible with soooo many denominations being around here and actually blocking haters from entering etc.. i dunno if that works
Like I said I know of a few forums that do this and it works. Now if people want to debate theology there is a room for that; kinda like our bible room. You aren't going to hit every denomination out there but can definitely make a start with some of the ones that are similar to each other.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Considering that Oncefallen is pretty much the ONLY forum mod, it wouldn't work too well..

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
yea well ud have to make passwords for certain forums but that wouldnt help a lot for long because hee its not themost anonymous. a lot of ppl know one another so the passowords would spread quickly and tadaa trolling goes again

Like I said I know of a few forums that do this and it works. Now if people want to debate theology there is a room for that; kinda like our bible room. You aren't going to hit every denomination out there but can definitely make a start with some of the ones that are similar to each other.

L

LanceA

yea well ud have to make passwords for certain forums but that wouldnt help a lot for long because hee its not themost anonymous. a lot of ppl know one another so the passowords would spread quickly and tadaa trolling goes again
Wouldn't have to make any passwords. If someone comes in there and starts trouble then ban them from that room.

Dec 19, 2009
Is there a way maybe you could add denomination specific threads. If not denomination maybe Pentecostal, Catholic, Orthodox, WoF etc.... That way people of the same theology can discuss things without haters jumping in and destroying the conversation.
Then you'd have dozens and dozens of forums. The site is difficult enough to navigate already, it seems to me.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
I believe this would be a bad idea in practice.. I have seen other forums do this and it always lead to isolation and lowering of participation..

U

Ugly

Won't happen. Robo purposefully limits the number of forum sections. He does not want denominational forums. Many people want more forum options but sites that have a large amount are often large sites with a small membership. Therefore very few of the forums are used often because it becomes overwhelming and segregated. I'm actually glad we don't have denomination forums. Everyone wants their own 'safe place' where no one will argue with what they believe. That's why there are the private groups. If you want to further segregate yourself based on denomination then you should make your own private group and only invite those that agree with you.

L

LanceA

Well it is a suggestion to the mods and the owner of the site. If it doesn't happen it doesn't happen.

U

Ugly

Wouldn't have to make any passwords. If someone comes in there and starts trouble then ban them from that room.
There is no way to ban a specific user from a specific forum. As stated it would add more work for the mods.

L

LanceA

Won't happen. Robo purposefully limits the number of forum sections. He does not want denominational forums. Many people want more forum options but sites that have a large amount are often large sites with a small membership. Therefore very few of the forums are used often because it becomes overwhelming and segregated. I'm actually glad we don't have denomination forums. Everyone wants their own 'safe place' where no one will argue with what they believe. That's why there are the private groups. If you want to further segregate yourself based on denomination then you should make your own private group and only invite those that agree with you.
Lol not trying to segregate myself. This is a suggestion to the mods and owner of site not a suggestion for everyone to bash on it. If it doesn't happen oh well. You people need to relax

U

Ugly

Well it is a suggestion to the mods and the owner of the site. If it doesn't happen it doesn't happen.
And I'm simply pointing out they have already spoken on the subject. So you have realistic expectations. New forum suggestions are rarely used

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
I think that is a bad idea, the church is already so divided and so is cc. there are hundreds of denominations in Christianity alone and within those hundred of denominations there are thousands of doctrines and within those thousands of doctrines there are thousands more of views and interpretations of those individual doctrines.

Yes it can be done if we had more mods but cc is already divided as it is and me personally I want it to unite not divide adding such things would only divide us even more. Also just a heads up suggestions are almost never actually done in fact in my time of being here I have never once seen any suggestions actually made into an actual part of the forum, I may of course be wrong but from what I have seen suggestions are never actually done

U

Ugly

We need to relax? But you need a safe space to get away from people that don't think like you? This isn't a college campus.
You have the right to make a suggestion, and others have the right to comment and disagree. That's not 'bashing'. Sensitive much?

L

LanceA

I think that is a bad idea, the church is already so divided and so is cc. there are hundreds of denominations in Christianity alone and within those hundred of denominations there are thousands of doctrines and within those thousands of doctrines there are thousands more of views and interpretations of those individual doctrines.

Yes it can be done if we had more mods but cc is already divided as it is and me personally I want it to unite not divide adding such things would only divide us even more. Also just a heads up suggestions are almost never actually done in fact in my time of being here I have never once seen any suggestions actually made into an actual part of the forum, I may of course be wrong but from what I have seen suggestions are never actually done
So since suggestions never are taken seriously by the mods then maybe they should delete the suggestions area lol. A suggestion is just that a suggestion, if the mods or owner wants to do it then by all means go for it. And Blain you will never get everyone to come together on these forums, or any forums and agree on everything. This suggestion I just made is a perfect example of it. You have the people who have been here for, I don't know how many years, and feel they run this site or have some sort of special say in what happens on this site.

Next time I will make my suggestion in an email to the site owner or mods. You people are absolutely ridiculous with your power and control.