Add to member's Reputation

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
Several people have clicked on the little "Add to this user's reputation"
star and added to my reputation.

So what is this about and how is it different from 'like"

Reputation for what? Trouble-maker? Wise-guy?

If some-one adds to my reputation should I respond and
click back on their add to reputation?

S

Stranger36147

I gave you a rep for this thread. ;)

Joidevivre

Jul 15, 2014
Just enjoy it as you would a pat on the back. There is no need to respond unless you want to.

I always think someone is saying "Good one" to me. Next best thing to a hug! Usually comes when I need to hear those words. And I have warm feelings towards that person if I know who it was for a long time.

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009
I believe that reps were originally designed to give someone kudos/props to someone for posting something profound or enlightening or touching....

But a lot of folks tend to use it like a glorified like button... :rolleyes:

In any case, its all good :)

Last edited:
U

Ugly

Several people have clicked on the little "Add to this user's reputation"
star and added to my reputation.

So what is this about and how is it different from 'like"

Reputation for what? Trouble-maker? Wise-guy?

If some-one adds to my reputation should I respond and
click back on their add to reputation?
There are also multiple existing threads on this subject in the User2User Tech forums, where such questions should go.

Beez

Nov 27, 2017
I believe that reps were originally designed to give someone kudos/props to someone for posting something profound or enlightening or touching....

But a lot of folks tend to use it like a glorified like button... :rolleyes:

In any case, its all good :)
I admit it: I do that. Sometimes, I just hand them out for fun; sometimes, because I really like what was written; sometimes, because I think the recipient need a little positivity.

J

joefizz

Well rep is somewhat different from likes in a few ways...
1.you can press like on any posts you like for whatever reason,but reps you can only give out a certain amount per day and can only give one to the same person whom you rep after giving rep to others over time,to give rep to the same person again
2.with your rep unlike with likes you are able to give a message to who you rep in secret!

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
That first part isn't true. You can give out as many reps as you want per day, and indeed CAN rep a person more than once, for different posts. :)

1.you can press like on any posts you like for whatever reason,but reps you can only give out a certain amount per day and can only give one to the same person whom you rep after giving rep to others over time,to give rep to the same person again
2.with your rep unlike with likes you are able to give a message to who you rep in secret!

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
That first part isn't true. You can give out as many reps as you want per day, and indeed CAN rep a person more than once, for different posts. :)
There is a limit to how many times you can give reps in a day, and once you rep someone, you have to give reps to more people before you can rep the first person again; you cannot rep someone twice in a row.

Feb 28, 2016
is there such a thing as a 'REPPY-HIGH'...:p

Sep 14, 2017
Only a secret to the other posters - not the Admins. Nothing's a secret to them.

Feb 28, 2016
Lynnie, and several, 'you know who you are'! they've made us Love them,
just because of who they are - always, always, look behind the 'words' and
into the Heart of Man...if you belong to Jesus, He WILL show you and teach
you this miracle...

G

Galatea

Sure, I’ll give you a rep. It is all arbitrary, anyway.

J

joefizz

There is a limit to how many times you can give reps in a day, and once you rep someone, you have to give reps to more people before you can rep the first person again; you cannot rep someone twice in a row.
Now what was I saying?
hahaha hahaha hahaha!