Addiction

  • Thread starter Thread starter wantstogiveup
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
W

wantstogiveup

Guest
Ive been a christian for over 10 years but I've neglected my walk with God a lot. I'm trying to recover from a drug addiction but have no support. Any prayers or advice would be awesome!
 
wantstogiveup,

we can't ever walk with our Father
while living in the world.
 
Ive been a christian for over 10 years but I've neglected my walk with God a lot. I'm trying to recover from a drug addiction but have no support. Any prayers or advice would be awesome!
I had an addiction to cigarettes when, in my world, it was a terrible thing. In those days, cigarette addiction was looked at as a way to rebel against the Lord. I had three children and I taught Sunday School--teaching my class of preteens as I reeked of that awful smell.

I went to the Lord every night, telling him I was done with them. Every morning I had a cigarette. If I was out, I was frantic, even walking a mile in subzero temperature to get some.

One day my dear friend stood with her hands on her hips, glaring at me, telling me she wasn't going to have me stinking up houses with those things any more, she would take it to her prayer group, I was done with them.

Within weeks I got so upset over something that was happening in my life that I stayed up all night with cigarettes and coffee, one after the other. By morning I had nicotine poisoning and was taken to the hospital. I have never been able to stand the smell of those things since. I think that the Lord decided that if I was so weak I couldn't do what had to be done for myself, He would do it for me.

We will all be praying for you, and don't stop giving up on curing your addiction. The Lord is hearing you. Be sincere, and God will help you one way or the other.
 
Thank you everyone! I'm beginning to feel and hear God. Slowly but surely. I will overcome this cause In Christ I am a conqueror.
 
hi want
Just started noticing some of your posts. I haven't experienced that kind of addiction, but you still have my support and encouragement to keep pushing through.
 
wantstogiveup, addiction can be hard, but with love and support and encouragement, you CAN do it!! Hang in there, baby!! Oh and btw, you should change your nick to WILLNOTGIVEUP!!! :o
 
Ive been a christian for over 10 years but I've neglected my walk with God a lot. I'm trying to recover from a drug addiction but have no support. Any prayers or advice would be awesome!

tHERE ARE STRONGER ADDICTION beaten, such as any other sin.

Stay tuned to GOD´s, please.