ADMIT YOUR SINS TO THE RIGHT ONE!!

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Gabriel2020

Senior Member
May 6, 2017
1,099
41
48
Admitting your sins to friends, loved ones and others will not save your soul. Admit, and confess to the one who can save your soul.Jesus Christ.
 
Hi Gabriel -No one will ever be saved due to confessing to another human, alone. But it does mention in Scripture two elements to Confession: One is God hearing us and then, hence, being the only one who can save us, He so saves us thru confession and belief and reception, openly accepting ourselves as we are in sin; and openly accepting ourselves as we are in Christ. So in 1 John, Psalm, and James we see this all played out:

1 John 1:9:

"If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

Psalm 66:18:

18 If I had cherished sin in my heart,
the Lord would not have listened;

James 5:16:

16 Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.


And Psalm 66:18 says if I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not what? Hear me. So David says, "I gotta get my life together for sinner's sake so I can teach transgressors your ways. I gotta get my life together for God's sake so that I can praise and adore him and enjoy communion with him. And I gotta get my life together for the saints' sake so that I can intercede for their spiritual good," the effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availing much.


When I come to confession at the Lord's table to confess my sins so I don't participate unworthily, it means I have to see my sin as worthy of judgment, desperately in need of love, producing painful guilt, being my own responsibility and flowing out of my fallen flesh.

I have to see my God as holy, powerful enough to cleanse me, good so that he wants my joy and rejoicing, forgiving so that he will not look on my iniquities and absolutely faithful to the promise of the relationship which we have had since I came to know him. And then I look at myself and see the importance of recognizing that my life needs to be right, my sin confessed for the sake of sinners, for the sake of God, for the sake of saints who need my prayers.

Now keeping this in mind, if we drag our dirty laundry to a nonbeliever it is not in keeping with the Scriptures, in that, it is not the righteous - thus it is not a prayer for healing in power and effectiveness.
 
Last edited: