Adults not supporting youth ministries

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Socreta93

Senior Member
Jul 28, 2015
2,320
375
83
It's a problem in my church and it really discourages me and the youth. I don't know if this is a problem in your church but I assume it is in other churches. On Fridays my church has youth services and for the most part the services are empty. Not because the lack of youth, but lack of adults. Any other services are full except ours. I seen adults say , "eh, the youth does nothing for me, that's why I don't go". It's frustrating, somewhat depressing. How else is the youth supposed to grow if they don't get the support from the rest of the congregation. I've known friends who have left, (as in left going to any church) because they felt no love from the people. The adults should support the young people, they should show up to their services and give them encouragement. My mom who is in charge of special services loves putting the youth to lead worship, and she told me once that someone said snide and sarcastically "maybe we should retire since they are taking over". I go to church as much as I can, mainly because I work on the computer and my job is to put stuff on the screen. Hopefully with the new leadership our youth received this year, that things could change.

Youth support your the men and women from your church. Adults, support the young people because as the cliche saying goes, they are the future.
 
Church is just a building, people sometimes think it's a Holy Place, but Jesus said, God does not dwell in temples made with hands, neither does one spiritually grow carrying a bible around, but being a doer of it. Pray and go somewhere else, if your lead, you need the fellowship, and don't be robbed from it. God Bless you.
 
Hi, there are different ways of handling it.
One church I attended had the youth lead the Wednesday evening service once a month.
As each month went by, they got stronger and more accepted and supported by the adults.
And the youth ministry grew.

Another church had the teens do their own service on Sunday mornings, including music.
They also assisted with Sunday school for children and the nursery.
Once a month they would come into the early AM Sunday service and bring it to life with song and dance.
The ministry got so big that they took over the Wednesday evening service in the main sanctuary and the adult service was moved to Thursday.
Strange things happen when young people get on fire for Jesus.