Advice, Encouragement, Bible Verses, Wisdom WELCOMED

  • Thread starter Thread starter SamWelley25
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

SamWelley25

Guest
Hey guys,
I've been struggling for about a year after college. I moved to a small town in Florida after meeting my now husband.

We feel God really lead us together, and spoke to me about my husband in details I couldn't even make up. It truly affirmed my faith.

So I guess I was expecting life to be perfect after that... but we've both had a lot of struggle finding our way and what God wants us to do in our lives in our individual careers and together as a couple.

We fell into credit card debt and we do have a plan to manage those, so even though I still worry, we do have a plan in place and will handle those when the time comes and my husband deploys in Feb.

Now I'm looking at a huge college debt and it's incredibly overwhelming and taking it's toll on my life. Unfortunately before I went to college, I had no money and had to take out loans and stupidly I took out some private loans and then some. So now, I've put them in forbearance and now their due.

I can't pay them. And honestly, it really sucks. I keep praying and praying and crying and I hear nothing from God.

On top of that, I feel bad because the job I have now I know I don't want to do it much longer, but obviously in my financial situation I feel I don't have a choice. I really love videography, and that's what I eventually majored in in college, and before that it was social work which is more related to what I do now.

I keep crying out to the Lord to for direction or some sort of relief. I just want direction for my life . I want God to come through in this situation like he did when I prayed for my husband.

I just feel so stressed out and overwhelmed every day and I just want the freedom I used to feel in my life.

Maybe I'm just growing up and this is what life is supposed to be.
But I just want my life to have the joy and peace I have always known when I walk with the Lord.

I hope someone out there has been here before...and has wisdom that will help.
 
Do not give up on well doing. God is with you regardless wether you feel Him or not. In the word it says Proverbs 3:5-7 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and He will make your paths straight. Sis, If it's God ordained trust and believe that it will happen. take courage in Knowing that He will not leave you nor forsake you sweetheart. Although is difficult to believe during hard times remember that is NOT IMPOSSIBLE and God uses everything for HIS good. This is where your faith is being build up my love. GOD always hears you the question is do you HEAR HIM. When you come to Him with your burdens wait on Him for response and guidance Our God is always willing to talk. Ask Him to empty yourself of you and the your circumstance and have Him fill you up with His love and Grace that you will be guided by Him.
I also waited on the LORD for my husband and also thought everything was going to be fine and dandy but the thing is God knows our strengths and weaknesses and He is constantly shaping and molding us sweetheart. Hang on tight. Keep pushing, seeking and trusting. HE IS YOUR PROVIDER and He will make way out no way. I pray This Blesses you. BE STILL AND KNOW THAT HE IS GOD. You will find Him in the whisper. Ask Him to push you through the storm is you have already asked Him to cease the winds and the waves. I pray that this will bless you.