Advice for waiting for something to finish/time pass?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
H

HeyItsA

Im waiting for highschool to finally be over, thats in June. I know itll probably pass pretty fast, even tho its almost half of the year of waiting but it also feels like a very long time to wait and I feel like Im not strong enough to get through those 6 months.
Thank you, sending love and prayers. 💛

Pemican

Sep 27, 2014
Enjoy your life one day at a time. Have goals and things to look forward to for this day and the near future. Getting out of high school is a relief but it only means you will then have new challenges and new problems. That's true for everyone for the rest of life. We get past certain things and get a little relief, then new challenges come along and so we keep growing.

17Bees

Oct 14, 2016
Im waiting for highschool to finally be over, thats in June. I know itll probably pass pretty fast, even tho its almost half of the year of waiting but it also feels like a very long time to wait and I feel like Im not strong enough to get through those 6 months.
Thank you, sending love and prayers. 💛
Time's like an arrow. If you look at it you can see the tail feathers and the shank of the arrow and the point. If you think of time it's the wholeness you see, the past and the now and the future, just like the whole arrow. But when you experience time, you can only see the memory of past time and the shank of the now. You can't see the memory of future. It's like seeing the tail feathers and some of the shaft but no point, even though you know the point is there.

Past time and now time is knowledge but future time is unpredictable and in disarray. It's called entropy and it means that futures are always in shambles and chaos. For instance, you could stack a pile of papers on your desk and come back later and find them all over the floor and you might curse your misfortune, but how you would react if you threw all your papers all over the floor and came back and found them all neatly stacked? You can make an omelet from an egg but not the egg from an omelet.

So this is where the point of the arrow and the tail feathers come in. Without your tail feathers - your fletching - your point would be directionless when you shot it from your bow. You could try to aim, but never hit your mark. But with the fletching - your past - you can guide your point - your future - to better hit your mark, knowing your mark is in total disorganization.

So waiting? There is no waiting. You are aiming. You are the bow. You are learning to better prepare your weapon.

H

HeyItsA

Thats true and thank you for your advice. Atm Im looking forward to finishing hs and starting something new but yes, new things will come and I hope Ill be ready for them. God bless.

H

HeyItsA

Time's like an arrow. If you look at it you can see the tail feathers and the shank of the arrow and the point. If you think of time it's the wholeness you see, the past and the now and the future, just like the whole arrow. But when you experience time, you can only see the memory of past time and the shank of the now. You can't see the memory of future. It's like seeing the tail feathers and some of the shaft but no point, even though you know the point is there.

Past time and now time is knowledge but future time is unpredictable and in disarray. It's called entropy and it means that futures are always in shambles and chaos. For instance, you could stack a pile of papers on your desk and come back later and find them all over the floor and you might curse your misfortune, but how you would react if you threw all your papers all over the floor and came back and found them all neatly stacked? You can make an omelet from an egg but not the egg from an omelet.

So this is where the point of the arrow and the tail feathers come in. Without your tail feathers - your fletching - your point would be directionless when you shot it from your bow. You could try to aim, but never hit your mark. But with the fletching - your past - you can guide your point - your future - to better hit your mark, knowing your mark is in total disorganization.

So waiting? There is no waiting. You are aiming. You are the bow. You are learning to better prepare your weapon.
Thank you so much for your kind words and advice. Sending love and prayers and God bless you. 😄

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
Hey @HeyItsA, I see that you are still pretty new around this place, so first off, welcome to CChat :)

My senior year was a while back, but I still remember loving it, especially the second half, so try to enjoy each day and make as many lasting memories as you can.

Finally, thank you for telling us (in your profile) about the mighty work that the Lord has done/is continuing to do in your life. What an incredible blessing for you to complete high school as a committed Christian :) (y)(y)

Here are some verses/passages that I hope you'll find encouraging and/or useful .. Psalm 1:1-3; Proverbs 3:5-6; Isaiah 40:31; Jeremiah 29:11; Philippians 1:6, 2:13, 4:6-8; 1 Thessalonians 5:16-24.

God bless you! (Numbers 6:24-26)

~Deut
p.s. - here's a quote from Pastor Mark Driscoll that I believe to be a ~very~ important admonishment for every Christian to remember (perhaps never more so than at the time we leave high school and head out into the world, to college and/or to work).

H

HeyItsA

Hey @HeyItsA, I see that you are still pretty new around this place, so first off, welcome to CChat :)

My senior year was a while back, but I still remember loving it, especially the second half, so try to enjoy each day and make as many lasting memories as you can.

Finally, thank you for telling us (in your profile) about the mighty work that the Lord has done/is continuing to do in your life. What an incredible blessing for you to complete high school as a committed Christian :) (y)(y)

Here are some verses/passages that I hope you'll find encouraging and/or useful .. Psalm 1:1-3; Proverbs 3:5-6; Isaiah 40:31; Jeremiah 29:11; Philippians 1:6, 2:13, 4:6-8; 1 Thessalonians 5:16-24.

God bless you! (Numbers 6:24-26)

~Deut
p.s. - here's a quote from Pastor Mark Driscoll that I believe to be a ~very~ important admonishment for every Christian to remember (perhaps never more so than at the time we leave high school and head out into the world, to college and/or to work).

Thank you so so much! You are such an amazing person! God bless you and I pray that He hugs you with His love and joy every day! 💛😃