Advice on letting go of hatred

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
I

intercessorginger

Dear Celticweb,
The first step toward losing hate in your life is the willingness to obey the Lord. There is wonderful power in forgiveness,but it is often not something we can do on our own.That's OK though, because the Lord is here to help us do, what we can't do on our own. He is only looking for you desire to obey, and God can work with that. Just tell the Lord, "I want to want...to forgive" and he will do the rest.
He will lead you to a real willingness, and he will empower you to be able to forgive. There will be no place in your life for hate, once you have forgiven.
That's when you will really be free!

L

Live4Yeshua

Don't ever think like that. That's a lie from te devil! We all have baggage. I used to feel like that but eventually God sent me the one that was for me. It takes a while but he's working on getting you a very special woman. :)

J

jinx

I've delt with alot of bitterness, and a key thing I learned that I have to do is that who ever I have problems with, I pray for them. I don't mean, easy peasy lemon squeezy. I mean really pray for them. Bless their life, bless their heart, give them health, happiness, ect.

Mat_5:44
But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
Luk_6:28
Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you.

Another thing that I have found is that forgivness is a supernatural thing. It's not in us to forgive someone. Our carnal nature fights it. So in my prayers I would always ask GOD to work that forgiviness in my life. Because I can't do it on my own.

Now sometimes it would be automatic, a relief that it is over anddone with and I dont have to carry it around anymore, other times it isn't, takes time. Remember, GOD wouldn't allow you to go through something without seeing you through it, even if it is unforgiveness and bitterness.
I hope this helps. :)

A

Ariel82

I also have trouble in my relationships... theres an obvious reason why Ive never married, I have too much emotional baggage for any woman to tolerate... I wish God would just send me a post-it message w/directions!! lol
ahhh a miraculous post it note ?

lol, I can imagine the reaction your face if He actually did.

I really love this thread and the many responses everyone has already given you. It truly is uplifting and I thank God for the love shown in the responses.

Don't believe the lies that say that you are unloveable because your NOT. God loves you.

If you are good enough for God's love, why wouldn't there be a woman out there who can see past that baggage and be willing to love and live with the man you are?

If it is in God's plan, you have to ask yourself are you willing to look past her baggage cuz I have yet to meet one single person who doesn't have some hurt or wound that needs help healing and being bandaged by the love of another human being.

I'm kind of emotional today and I look around and see people pass me by like walking wounded at different stages of healing. occasionally you have someone bump up against you and reopen the wounds. sometimes you will have a cruel person intentionally poke at the bandages. however, i thank God for those who tenderly remove and cleanse the wound and replace the bandages so that the hurt might heal.

If you ever been wounded and had to heal for a long period of time, you know what I mean when I say that cleaning the wound is painful but not cleaning the wound would be deadly.

I always tell my son, that being anger is not a sin. its an emotion. it is what you do with your anger that matters. do you lash out and physically attack someone? that would be wrong. Do you insult and verbally abuse another out of anger? that too would be wrong. at the end of the night do you forgive the other person and give your anger to God and allow God to handle the situation?

that is what I try and teach my children to do and what I try and do as well.

I'm still awake now because I refuse to go to bed angry.

I'm not saying that you aren't justified in your anger. tell you the truth I'm angry that the world is such a place that so many kids are being abused.

i'm angry that I feel helpless to do anything about those abuses.

truthfully I'm very angry about a lot of things, but you know what I do.

I pray. I read my Bible and I pray and think about all the things I'm NOT angry about. I thank God for all the things He has done for me in my life.

then I ask God, What can I do to help this world KNOW Your love God?

I don't know why people do things they do, but God help me to do the things YOU would do and give the love to others that YOU have given.

I remember the laughter of kids just joyful in finding wildflowers in the fields, or chasing butterflies, or watching the sun peek through the clouds, or splashing in puddles or swishing their toes in the wet sand.

I remember hugs and whispered "I love you"

I remember a child's voice with the simple faith to say "God is love and He lives in my heart"

so my advice on letting go of hatred is to remember love and laughter and joy.

make room in your heart for the peace and love of God and dump the ashes of hate and anger at the foot of the Cross.

Don't cling to them and let them burn you up inside.

let it go and trust God to take care of those who offend,

forgive others even if they don't deserve it because God forgave you even when you did nothing to deserve His forgiveness or love.

Never doubt for a moment that God loves you, even if the rest of the world may not.

God will always love you and call you His beloved child.

L

lan12

I have seriously been there so i do understand how you feel .........I struggled with it for two years until one day i did a fast and God showed me if it is I have ought in my spirit he will not hear my prayer .........sometimes some things i wrought through prayer and fasting .........I suggest you do some fasting and allow the holy spirit to set u free and deliver you from this pain because hate becomes a seed growing bad and terrible fruits in ur spirit ..........God bless

N

nathan3

On way to get through this is forgiveness. It may be very much needed, to forgive people that have wronged you , in order for you to move forward. Or it may be important to forgive yourself too ; if that's the case.... It the later, then you don't need to seek their forgiveness its that God forgives in Christ name. But thing to do is pray, like you been, and read the Bible to get eventually learn the right way to handle this.