Advice specific to own country

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

Miri

Hi I know this may be tricky, but I’ve often thought it would be useful to have a
pool of people who might be able to provide practical advice to others who are from
the same country as them.

On loads of occasions I’ve seen people from the UK for example, ask questions
which most likely could only be answered from someone in the Uk.

Or likewise I’ve seen people ask questions which only people from the US would know,
or Asia etc etc.

I came across another such example just now and I almost didn’t see it.
See here post 23.

https://christianchat.com/prayer-requests/narcissistic-neighbour.177917/page-2#post-3652831

I’m not an expert and I’m not saying I will always know the answer, maybe someone else
would. But I deal with local government and councils in my job, across the whole of the
UK. So I knew this one, whether it will help the OP remains to be seen.

Maybe other people know how things work better and who to contact in their home
countries too as far as law enforcement, local government, medical, insurance, etc
and could advise people on such matters.

Maybe there would have to be some sort of disclaimer that it’s just a person’s suggestion etc
and it’s not official. But I imagine that between us all we have a wealth of practical knowledge.
I know prayer is good but maybe the answer to someone’s prayer is to be pointed in the right
direction.

M

Miri

Just another idea as well.

Maybe if someone asks a question which sounds specific to their
country. People on here who know each other a little better could
Pm someone from that same country to ask if they could help with
the question.