Afraid to take a chance?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I personally think dating is so that you can find your potential spouse... With that being said, I don't date because of that. I'm too scared of the thought of marriage (even if I think of it being 10 years away). Every time I picture myself getting married I start freaking out and picturing a divorce, which is something I never want to go through. I'm so afraid of divorce that I can't ever picture myself getting married. I mean, I know I'm young and I have a while to go before I'd even consider it and my mind could change within that time, but I'm so turned off by the thought of giving my heart to someone and marrying them, and giving them every part of me and then watching them walk away. I know that as a Christian it's important for me to find someone who is also a Christian, but that doesn't help my fear of marriage/divorce because divorce is still pretty common with Christians too. It's really hard because I want to meet new people and go on cute dates and stuff but if I can't see myself getting married I know I have no business dating. :(
I agree that you should only date someone who you would consider marrying one day. I do not believe that you are ready yet for even thinking about being married so just relax and enjoy the single, carefree life for awhile. When you think that you may be ready ask God to provide you with someone who will care for you, be your best friend and love you with all of his heart. A marriage that you allow God to arrange will be a loving and enduring one. Allow you and your future husband the presence of God in the center of your marriage and there will be no room for anxious thoughts of divorce. Always say your prayers dear.

Calmador

Jun 23, 2011
I personally think dating is so that you can find your potential spouse... With that being said, I don't date because of that. I'm too scared of the thought of marriage (even if I think of it being 10 years away). Every time I picture myself getting married I start freaking out and picturing a divorce, which is something I never want to go through. I'm so afraid of divorce that I can't ever picture myself getting married. I mean, I know I'm young and I have a while to go before I'd even consider it and my mind could change within that time, but I'm so turned off by the thought of giving my heart to someone and marrying them, and giving them every part of me and then watching them walk away. I know that as a Christian it's important for me to find someone who is also a Christian, but that doesn't help my fear of marriage/divorce because divorce is still pretty common with Christians too. It's really hard because I want to meet new people and go on cute dates and stuff but if I can't see myself getting married I know I have no business dating. :(
I recommend, whatever you do, is to make guy friends and hangout in groups. Its good to just get to know the opposite sex so when your ready then you'll be that much more ready. Don't avoid guys okay, usually you can find some really cool christian guys at church.

Feb 21, 2014
I kinda feel the same way. I don't want to say scared, but instead careful. It is too often people get into a mix with relationships and it crumbles from there. I believe it's mainly because Christ isn't in the center.

Like my brother above said, keep your focus on God and don't worry. :)
Spokenpassage:

I can understand your caution; keep praying and trusting, but focus on the Lord Himself rather than on the hypothetical.

Blessings.