After the Preach

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

oyster67

Senior Member
May 24, 2014
11,887
8,709
113
I have heard a lot of people of late saying that they are tired. Tired of listening to others preach who are not pastors. I had thought it strange. After all, you can't get too much of a good thing, can you? Are we not all to preach in one manner or another? Are we not all to be instant in and out of season, ready to reprove and rebuke? (2Tim4:2) Are we not all called out of darkness to be of a high and holy priesthood unto our Lord? (1Peter2:9) Are we not all to be living sermons? Of late, however, I believe I may be gaining an understanding of where some of them are coming from.

Many of these people are not atheist or pagans. These people are fellow believers. They do not need the fallow ground to be replowed. They need a time of healing and building up rather than tearing down. There are many hurting brothers and sisters out there. They are broken. They have dealt with and repented of their pride. They are now well acquainted with their smallness and weakness. The solid foundation of the knowledge that they need Jesus every hour has been laid. They have surrendered their all to Him. Jesus loves them, this I know.

The time for us to draw near to them and build them up in the love of Jesus has come. After the preachers have done their God ordained work, its time for the disciples, teachers, and exhorters to come to their aid. After the season of reproof and rebuke is over, the springtime of exhorting with all longsuffering and doctrine finally arrives.

One of the coolest things about being a Christian is that it isn't usually a one way thing when we love and build up one another. I am amazed at how often, after I reach out to others, I come away with even more than I gave. Thank you Father for this beautiful new way and walk which you have given through your beloved Son and our Saviour, Jesus Christ.
 
Thanks Lord for using people to talk to us! God Bless.

"And he brought him forth abroad, and said, Look now toward heaven, and number the stars, if thou be able to number them: and he said unto him, So shall thy seed be." Genesis 15:5