against Grace Only preaching

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

eternally-gratefull

Many will say in that day....the exact drivel found in the Op of this thread........lookie lookie what we done LORD IN YOUR NAME.....blah blah blah
The pride is deep.

God will humble them, Just pray it is here, and non at his place Because then it will e too late

E

eternally-gratefull

To those that say the OP is saying we can earn something from God or that he believes in salvation by works, can you show where in post #1 that you get this?
If you can’t see it. How can we help you?

Oct 24, 2018
When our Father moves on a person by the Holy Spirit to be used as an instrument of His will i any gift of works, it is the person availing himself being used by God only, not the person simply deciding to do God a favor. Noman can do any favor for God, not eve n those here who refuse to understand workds are from god, not from His servants.

***1 Peter 2:9 “But you are

a chosen generation,

a royal priesthood,

and holy nation a peculiar people,

that you should show forth the praises of Him Who has called you out of darkness into His marvelous light.”

***John 16:13 says that The Holy Spirit says what He hears (even though He knows all of God the Father's truths)

and Who He hears is Jesus Christ

Who had human experience and so knows the right timing for each of us

to get truths and guidance from The Holy Spirit when we are living Proverbs 3:5-6.

***The New Testament does not teach “Automatic Sanctification”.

A true Christian can be perfect only when he or she is sensitive to The Holy Spirit and Scripture

and doing what is being urged by them because they are perfect.

Anyone can be temporarily perfect

like in a 10 question quiz given by s teacher,

but true Christians are saved by God's Grace

for doing His predestined/preplanned works for each of His adopted children. See Ephesians 2:8-10.

Matthew 5:20

“For I say to you that unless your righteousness shall exceed that of the Scribes and Pharisees,

you shall in no case enter into the Kingdom of Heaven.”

(Attitudes and motives count according to God.)

Matthew 5:48

“Therefore be perfect, even as your Father in Heaven is perfect.”

John 14:15 & 21

Jesus Christ said,

“If you love Me,

keep My commandments.

He [or she] who has My commandments and keeps them,

he [or she] it is who loves Me;

and he [or she] who loves Me shall be loved of My Father,

and I will love him [or her], and will manifest Myself to him [or her].”

***I thought that I had heard and read all aspects of the Prodigal Son parable.

But I happened to hear something new last night via 3ABN Internet TV:

The prodigal son learned something his brother hadn't--

that real freedom was in being with his Father and submitting to his commandments.

That goes along with what Jesus Christ said in John 14-16 and what Galatians 5 indicates.

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
Responsibility with God's Grace

R-- Read and learn the Bible. (See 2 Timothy 16-17.)

E-- Frequently enter the Holy of Holies in order to be Holy Spirit sensitive. (See Hebrews 10:19-25.)

S-- Search the New Testament especially for the 1050 commandments. (Need to know what pleases God.)

P-- Pursue righteousness or Christ-likeness. (See Ephesians 4:11-16.)

O-- Observe good leaders about how they are responsible in both speech and actions.

N-- Need to frequently remember all of God’s Grace in our lives and be more thankful for such.

S-- Be obedient to the Holy Spirit’s urging for your Sanctification.

I-- Intellectualism is not very important compared to Christian Sanctification.

B-- Bible understanding and obeying is so important.

I-- Immersion into doing our Ephesians 2:10 parts for the Great Commission is so important.

L-- Loving with compassion everyone. (In what ways do you do such, even for enemies?)

T-- Teaching others spiritual truths when Holy Spirit urged. (He has perfect timing.)

Y-- Yeshua is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords, keep obeying His wonderful teachings.
Shutting out the kingdom of heaven against others. You don’t go in yourself nor do you let others enter. Gee, who said that?

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
Since there are numerous *Christians* who do not really understand salvation by grace through faith, the preacher's first responsibility is to make this crystal clear from Scripture.
At the same time the necessity of repentance must be proclaimed. And that will ensure that every hearer of the Gospel understands that grace must lead to holiness and righteousness, and the forsaking of sins and idols.
Lots of works in that there “grace”.

Mar 28, 2016
As one person stated from Titus 2. Grace is a teacher teaching us to say no to ourselves and yes to the Spirit of Christ that dwells in these earthen bodies .It the work of the faith of Christ that works in us to both will and perform his good pleasure. Grace is the reward of Christ's three day labor of love or work of faith Our new born faith is not of our own selves. He is the rewarder of our faith as the one who pays the wage.

Without his faithfulness working in us. We would have no way of knowing or how to diligently seek after Him .He draws us to Him so that we can believe.

Faith that does not produce works is dead. No life.

But without
faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.Hebrews11: 6

Mar 28, 2016
Here is an example of a work done by a willing vessel. While sharing the Word with an eager listener a man was given something to say by the hOLY sPIRIT. The person to whom he was speaking had a very strong southern accent, US of course,, and the person sharing the Godpel said on impetus of the Holy Spirit, "Wen you return to you place of birth, Haifa (in Israel), do share this good news with any and all. The person hearing thw declaration dropped the mouth o0pen and eyes wide, and said, "How did you know I was bornin Haifa?" Response, "God told me."

The above is a gift of knowledge given a willing vessel to underscore the truth of the message being shared. That gift of knowledgehad nothing even approaching working for a reward, itwas simply being available. Try being available, and yiou too will experience this same type of "works" from God, never from us. Now those who avail themselves will never say to God they have done anything for Him but hey do thank Him for HIs grace continueally, amen.
I wonder who relayed that information seeing we do not wrestle against flesh and blood. Perhaps a lying angel?

Because God is no longer bringing any new revelations as prophecy . It does not mean that the god of experiences, the god of this world does not have nothing to add in order to sway men away from the book of prophecy that is sealed up till the end of time.

Its easy for him to bring in a vision or out of the body experience As he did with the Son of man, Jesus in Mathew 4. But Jesus paid no attentions to those illusions of the things not really there . Three times the father strengthened the Son and inspired him the words as it is written and again as it is written. The father of lies left .He is the god of experience. . no faith needed to please him Come as you are kind of mentality.

There is always the danger of Colossians 2:18 that we should be aware of as to how we hear and see. The same danger Jesus avoided in Mathew 4

Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind, Colossians 2:18

NayborBear

Banned Serpent Seed Heresy
I have said this at least several times before. So, I'll expect 'attacks" from the "usual suspects", for saying this again.

I cannot argue against "grace only" preaching. Inasmuch as we are "saved by God's gift of grace" for whosoever will may come.

I will however, take Paul's side/appeal in his argument, cuz yeah! Paul "seen" this too!
Romans 6
What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?

Seems Paul has been "spying" right here in CC! ;)

Being stuck in the ditch, by their blind teachings/shepherdings?

Moving beyond "the principle doctrines of Christ" (salvation by grace through faith), towards prefection/maturity, is, to put it quite simply? A crest in their ditch, that is just TOO HIGH for them to tackle! (Hebrews 6:1)

But this does not keep them from their "attempts" in tackling everyone else who does, what they themselves, who "cover themselves" in the "blanket of willful ignorance/blindness", believing that to be faith and grace. Calling themselves "saved!" Are prevented from doing! Which is, becoming "spiritually mature."
Isaiah 28
20 For the bed is shorter than that a man can stretch himself on it: and the covering narrower than that he can wrap himself in it.

When their "nakedness is exposed?" They become "all the angrier!"
Ezekiel 13
22 Because with lies ye have made the heart of the righteous sad, whom I have not made sad; and strengthened the hands of the wicked, that he should not return from his wicked way, by promising him life:
23 Therefore ye shall see no more vanity, nor divine divinations: for I will deliver my people out of your hand: and ye shall know that I am the Lord.

Mar 23, 2016
Romans 6
What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
I also like this verse in Romans 6:

21 What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? ...

Seems to me at some point we just get tired of doing things for which we end up feeling "ashamed".

At some point, we will love the fellowship with Father and Son (1 John 1:3) more than we love the sin which hinders us from that fullness of joy.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
Critics - Which of the above points in the acrostic are unbiblical?
Let's start with:
"S-- Search the New Testament especially for the 1050 commandments. (Need to know what pleases God.)"
Even the Pharisees, whom Jesus judged as workers of woe, (Luke 11:37-54) only had to obey 611 commands to be righteous. This is a completely works based statement.

Yes, we do have to obey God, and his Word, but phrased like this, it is a work list that you must check off to be saved, so I object to it!

Then there is:
"I-- Intellectualism is not very important compared to Christian Sanctification."

Stupidest thing I have read in a LONG time! Besides the fact that it is clear part of our sanctification is dependent on the renewing of our mind (Romans 12:2) and studying the Word. (2 Tim. 3:16-17) Sorry buddy, you don't get sanctified without learning and studying the Bible. In fact, most people here, except perhaps, new Christians, have spent a lot of time using their brains (also known as intellect) to study the Bible! That includes everyone from all stripes and theologies, including the ones I don't agree with!

Then, we move to the hysterically absurd in the next acronym:

"B-- Bible understanding and obeying is so important."
I don't disagree at all. But seriously, it is saying the exact opposite of the letter one above it. Anti-intellectual means you do not study the Bible to show yourself a worker approved. So, a complete conflict with the letter I.

A little more thought would have helped this acronym stay faithful to the Bible, instead of a bunch of made up nonsense.

Dec 28, 2016
Let's start with:
"S-- Search the New Testament especially for the 1050 commandments. (Need to know what pleases God.)"
Even the Pharisees, whom Jesus judged as workers of woe, (Luke 11:37-54) only had to obey 611 commands to be righteous. This is a completely works based statement.

Yes, we do have to obey God, and his Word, but phrased like this, it is a work list that you must check off to be saved, so I object to it!

Then there is:
"I-- Intellectualism is not very important compared to Christian Sanctification."

Stupidest thing I have read in a LONG time! Besides the fact that it is clear part of our sanctification is dependent on the renewing of our mind (Romans 12:2) and studying the Word. (2 Tim. 3:16-17) Sorry buddy, you don't get sanctified without learning and studying the Bible. In fact, most people here, except perhaps, new Christians, have spent a lot of time using their brains (also known as intellect) to study the Bible! That includes everyone from all stripes and theologies, including the ones I don't agree with!

Then, we move to the hysterically absurd in the next acronym:

"B-- Bible understanding and obeying is so important."
I don't disagree at all. But seriously, it is saying the exact opposite of the letter one above it. Anti-intellectual means you do not study the Bible to show yourself a worker approved. So, a complete conflict with the letter I.

A little more thought would have helped this acronym stay faithful to the Bible, instead of a bunch of made up nonsense.
Yep. Most think they need to park their brains when they become "Christians." This is why so many are lost in out of context "Christian" beliefs and balk when presented with truth. As Peter said, grow in grace AND knowledge, 2 Peter 3:18. 2 Peter 1:5 as well, and this knowledge is not verses out of context as many of the non-Reformed practice in a simpleton-esque belief system.

Dec 28, 2016
Responsibility with God's Grace

R-- Read and learn the Bible. (See 2 Timothy 16-17.)

E-- Frequently enter the Holy of Holies in order to be Holy Spirit sensitive. (See Hebrews 10:19-25.)

S-- Search the New Testament especially for the 1050 commandments. (Need to know what pleases God.)

P-- Pursue righteousness or Christ-likeness. (See Ephesians 4:11-16.)

O-- Observe good leaders about how they are responsible in both speech and actions.

N-- Need to frequently remember all of God’s Grace in our lives and be more thankful for such.

S-- Be obedient to the Holy Spirit’s urging for your Sanctification.

I-- Intellectualism is not very important compared to Christian Sanctification.

B-- Bible understanding and obeying is so important.

I-- Immersion into doing our Ephesians 2:10 parts for the Great Commission is so important.

L-- Loving with compassion everyone. (In what ways do you do such, even for enemies?)

T-- Teaching others spiritual truths when Holy Spirit urged. (He has perfect timing.)

Y-- Yeshua is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords, keep obeying His wonderful teachings.
If not for the grace of God to initiate salvation, grant eternal life, none would have the ability or desire to do any of the above. Note Philippians 2:12-13; Ezekiel 36:27 &c.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
As for this whole dichotomy some people are talking about, grace is given by God, in order that we might repent. I disagree with anyone who says repentance is not necessary. But it is NOT a work. It is the grace of God, through the power of the Holy Spirit that allows us to repent! I agree there is no salvation without repentance. But God is the one who enables us to repent of our sins. Without him, it would be works.

"Or do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, forbearance and patience, not realizing that God’s kindness is intended to lead you to repentance?" Romans 2:4

So clearly, we MUST repent, but without God LEADING us to repentance, it cannot be done.

Mar 28, 2016
As for this whole dichotomy some people are talking about, grace is given by God, in order that we might repent. I disagree with anyone who says repentance is not necessary. But it is NOT a work. It is the grace of God, through the power of the Holy Spirit that allows us to repent! I agree there is no salvation without repentance. But God is the one who enables us to repent of our sins. Without him, it would be works.

"Or do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, forbearance and patience, not realizing that God’s kindness is intended to lead you to repentance?" Romans 2:4

So clearly, we MUST repent, but without God LEADING us to repentance, it cannot be done.
Repentance like any other good work is a work that God works in us with us to both will and perform his good pleasure. Our imputed righteousness

Hebrews informs us of the better thing that accompanies salvation. He will not forget the good works that he works in us that we have offered towards his name .Not of our selves.

As always he must do the first work of knowing Him.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
Repentance like any other good work is a work that God works in us with us to both will and perform his good pleasure. Our imputed righteousness

Hebrews informs us of the better thing that accompanies salvation. He will not forget the good works that he works in us that we have offered towards his name .Not of our selves.

As always he must do the first work of knowing Him.
As I just said, repentance is NOT a work. But feel free to post actual Bible verses with their addresses, and we can continue this discussions! I won't hold my breath waiting!

E

eternally-gratefull

Amen

it is the work of god we Believe (Jesus in John 6)

there is no faith with out repentance.

Noose

Apr 18, 2016
'Grace only' teachers should spare us from the rhetoric.

Don't you know, being faithful to your wife/husband, is indeed keeping the law of Moses?! Why are grace teachers also #1 law keepers?!
:confused::confused::confused: