Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is?

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
What connection are you referring to? The location of Mt Sinai, or the how Mt Sinai represents the Law.

How Agar and Mount Sinai meet in Arabia in respects to the covenant is what I guess I am asking.

But I know I shouldnt ask questions just once and awhile something will irk me and Im not even sure whether I am making a mountain out of a molehill when it comes to getting the details. I can grasp the covenant in the woman (after the flesh) and at Sinai, just not Arabia, and it bugs me more because thats being used to says it of the muslims.
 
I had a hard time understanding the question, but I think what you are wondering is:
If Paul says Mt Sinai is in Arabia, and then says that Hagar(Ishmael) is Mt Sinai and also Jerusalem, then is Jerusalem in Arabia?

I think what Paul was not giving geography, but saying that those still under the letter of the Law (unsaved Jews, represented by earthly Jerusalem) are the same as Ishmaelites (Arabs) in a spiritual sense. They both have the same false religion, and false god... salvation by works of law.

The children of the flesh speaks of all mankind who is firstborn flesh, not just Arabs and Jews. If a person is not born again, then they are of the flesh, and of this world (earthly Jerusalem)
 
How Agar and Mount Sinai meet in Arabia in respects to the covenant is what I guess I am asking.

But I know I shouldnt ask questions just once and awhile something will irk me and Im not even sure whether I am making a mountain out of a molehill when it comes to getting the details. I can grasp the covenant in the woman (after the flesh) and at Sinai, just not Arabia, and it bugs me more because thats being used to says it of the muslims.

The allegory is your either of this world, or your born again from above. That's the big picture.
 
I had a hard time understanding the question, but I think what you are wondering is:
If Paul says Mt Sinai is in Arabia, and then says that Hagar(Ishmael) is Mt Sinai and also Jerusalem, then is Jerusalem in Arabia?

I think what Paul was not giving geography, but saying that those still under the letter of the Law (unsaved Jews, represented by earthly Jerusalem) are the same as Ishmaelites (Arabs) in a spiritual sense. They both have the same false religion, and false god... salvation by works of law.

Sorry I missed this post Sophia,

I honestly dont know what my question is any longer Sophia lol

My brain is fried thinking about it.

Thanks
 
The children of the flesh speaks of all mankind who is firstborn flesh, not just Arabs and Jews. If a person is not born again, then they are of the flesh, and of this world (earthly Jerusalem)

Now that wasnt so clear to me at first but I agree.
 
I don"t think Paul"s "going to Arabia" is speaking of the allegory of the promise,or law and faith, I think he is saying that he didn't confer with flesh and blood , but took off learning from the lord.
 
Yeah it wasnt so much the reason but the contrast between the allegory and the real life travel I was looking at.