AI through a sperm donor

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
O

oopsies

im jus asking cos normally this stuff would be reported or at least documented somewhere
Somehow I'm pretty sure that wasn't going through your mind when you responded to me with, "Let's hear some of the miracles." But on the extremely minuscule off-chance that you are sincere, I recommend you to look up faith healing in hospitals. If my memory serves me correctly, there have been attempts to scientifically study such miracles but the conclusion is... well, impossible to conclude - at least from a scientific standpoint. You may need to visit a large hospital in a major city centre for info. Perhaps volunteer for them.

Dec 4, 2009
Somehow I'm pretty sure that wasn't going through your mind when you responded to me with, "Let's hear some of the miracles." But on the extremely minuscule off-chance that you are sincere, I recommend you to look up faith healing in hospitals. If my memory serves me correctly, there have been attempts to scientifically study such miracles but the conclusion is... well, impossible to conclude - at least from a scientific standpoint. You may need to visit a large hospital in a major city centre for info. Perhaps volunteer for them.
i cant accuse u of lying the same as i cant belive your telling the truth you need proof like doing course work you need to show how you came to that conclusion

O

oopsies

i cant accuse u of lying the same as i cant belive your telling the truth you need proof like doing course work you need to show how you came to that conclusion
Here's the thing though, I'm not trying to convince you. You challenged me to provide you with examples of those "miracles." I did and so did others. I owe no other explanation to you. Whether you believe it or not, that's your choice. I don't need to give you any proof. I gave you a general direction to look into. However, if you want proof, then I am telling you that it is your responsibility to seek it out. Convince yourself but don't let someone else do the convincing.

F

forgivenandloved

I really need some honest opinions about this tough issue my husband and I have been faced with. We are 23 and 24 and have been together for 8 years, and married for 2 of them. We both have good jobs, we own our own home, and are in a good spot financially. We're not rich, but we have everything we need and a little more. We decided that we want to start our family in the next year or two. But, unfortunately, because of childhood cancer, my husband has azoospermia making it impossible to biologically father any children. We both feel that the miracle of pregancy is something we would regret missing out on, so we decided to build our family with the help of an anonymous donor. It wasn't until researching online that I found that this can be seen as adultery. I was shocked at first, but now I can see how people could think that way. My husband doesn't worry about it since we don't see it that way, but it worries me. We plan to be completely open with our children about how they were conceived, which also means being open about it to our family and friends. We were planning on telling our families once we were pregnant so they wouldn't try to influence our decision (his parents are very controlling), but now I'm afraid of how they will react (especially my in-laws as they wouldn't be biologically related to our children). So many people say that a couple's infertility is caused by their past sin and that God has kept this gift from them for a reason, but I just can't see my husband's childhood cancer that way. What is your honest opinion on this?
Getting a child through sperm donor is now considered a sin? WOW I think there is nothing wrong with that. I think people are just unfamiliar with the idea so they feel the need to classify it as sin. silly people. :) Do what you want and if you talk to God about it and don't feel convicted go for it :)

O

oopsies

Getting a child through sperm donor is now considered a sin? WOW I think there is nothing wrong with that. I think people are just unfamiliar with the idea so they feel the need to classify it as sin. silly people. :) Do what you want and if you talk to God about it and don't feel convicted go for it :)
Well, as you said, do it only if she doesn't feel convicted. So if she does feel guilty to go ahead with it, then it would be a sin regardless of whether people are familiar with artificial insemination or not. She would just be one of the unlucky (or lucky?) people that God says "no."

F

forgivenandloved

Well, as you said, do it only if she doesn't feel convicted. So if she does feel guilty to go ahead with it, then it would be a sin regardless of whether people are familiar with artificial insemination or not. She would just be one of the unlucky (or lucky?) people that God says "no."
very true :) In the end who cares what people say or think. I learned that saves you a lot of headache in the end

D

deadtalk

Ms Shelly,

I am the product of exactly what you are considering.

The most awesome thing about it is my feelings towards my dad for his love for my mom. He loved her so much that he let her have a child that wasn't his. I never knew until I was 17 or so. My mom brought it up because he and I weren't getting along. She thought that might have been the reason. Looking back the real reason was the lack of God in my parents' life. She's went through the same guilt trips that many mothers go through when a child begins to grow up and get into some stuff they shouldn't (blaming herself and so on). Unfortunately, she has in addition to what some other mothers go through, attempts by a spirit in her life that makes her feel guilty about ever having me. I'm grateful she did. I'm grateful my dad played his role in it. But at the same time, it's not the mother and father that place the soul in the child, it's God.

The best thing is just to be right with God before taking any other steps. Don't leave an open door to an spirits of condemnation. If either you or your husband is holding onto any sin then that's exactly what you're doing. I don't you so I'm not saying either or you are doing so. And by holding onto sin, I'm not saying messing up and getting back up. I'm just saying this so that you do not fall into some of the problems my mom has had.

My parents never told anyone in the family. My mom has told some of her sisters after my dad died, but the thing is it's none of their business unless you want it to be. If you do tell them, their reception of it should be an indication of where they are in Christ. At the same time, even if they are opposed and make it known, it's still your place to love them. That's a tough spot that could only be won over by Christ in you, loving someone who feels negatively (to put it lightly, may be worse) about your child. Not to say they'll be negative, they may very well accept it. Point is this is another place you want yourself and your husband right with God.

Lastly, when it comes time to tell the child. Don't do it anger or alone. You both need to be there. My dad was hurt by that. Oh, and in the end after I knew he wasn't my biological father and yet he still worked sometimes 100 hours a week so I could have more than he had when he was young, that made me respect him and love him all the more. My parents finally got close to God before my dad died. He and I got close the last three months he was still on this earth, it was a wonderful time.

Be encouraged. Yes, pray about it. Everyone believes God COULD but few believe God WILL. When you start believing He will, you start expecting it. If you were to expect God to give you a new car and your garage was a mess, what would you do? You would clean it out. Expectation comes with action. There's nothing wrong with you going through scientifical means to bring a child into the world, all good things are given of God. Likewise, things God gives for good, satan attempts to corrupt and use it for sin. If your child is sick, yes, take them to the doctor. On the way, pray and expect the doctor to say the child is ok. But sometimes it's through suffering that we recieve blessings. Suffering many times produces growth in a man. In John 15, Jesus tells of God as the pruner. Tell me, what bush if it had a nervous system wouldn't hurt during pruning. But out of suffering comes perseverance, and to that character, and to that hope, and hope never fails. Perhaps you and your husband should ask God once again for a child. Thank Him for the child and then go and get ready for the child. Get the room ready, get some clothes and so on. You may have to wait, and it may come down to science, but keep trying during all of that time out of a trust in what God is going to do. At the very worst, you'll have nice stuff to donate to someone who can't afford it. There's even a blessing in that. So you can't lose! Be encouraged.

D

deadtalk

One more thing:

I'm still considering seeing if I can get in touch with my biological father or just seeing his picture. I haven't decided whether I want to or not. Sometimes it's not an option, sometimes it is. In my case, I haven't even looked that far into it, but it'd be nice to be able to know if I choose that.
I probably never would have while my dad was alive.

So if that option is availible depending on the child's wanting to, I'd go with that. And that might be tough for your husband, might not.